PDA

View Full Version : Some BC data from LS

fmhealth
10-23-2004, 06:06 PM
With the BC a week a way. Thought I'd post some data I've compiled that other 'cappers might find useful.

1- Last year there were 107 Turf races at LS. PPs 10,11,&12 went 2 for 107. For a win rate of less than 2% combined. Now in all fairness, I don't have the data on the avg field size. So I'm certain the numbers are somewhat distored.

This meet there have been 18 Turfers. Avg field size slightly over 8. 13 of these races were won by pps 1-5. So an inside bias seems to prevail.

In terms of running style. 24% of all Turf winners had the lead at the 1st call, 49% were in the top three.

In terms of the track that produced the greatest number of BC winners, I believe that SA reigns supreme in this category. There have been 29 winners that have won off preps at SA. The finer breakdown is :

21--Won their SA prep

4-Ran 2nd

3-ran 3rd and 1 was forth.

The most important Euro prep is of course the Arc de... Although an Arc winner has never won a BC race. It has produced the greatest number of BC winners (5). Longchamp Racecourse in France has produced more BC winners(13) than all the other Euro tracks COMBINED!!

In total 261 Euros have run in all the BC races. 24 (9.2%) have won. Although 63 (24%) have finished ITM.

Hope this helps & best of luck Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Valuist
10-23-2004, 06:28 PM
Some European horsemen came over to check out the LS turf course and publicly praised it. But the fact more of them aren't coming probably means they weren't telling the truth. And those numbers you quote might explain their reaction.