PDA

View Full Version : The Daily Harness Program

melman
10-23-2004, 09:56 AM
If you can find the Daily Harness Program in your area it is really quite a good deal. For today they have 11 harness tracks full pp's in easy to read format. Total cost for this program is $1.00 yes that is correct 1 buck. Not at all sure of the distribution area covered but I have no trouble getting it in the Philly area. Both the Philly Park Turf Club's and the local news stand have it. If I can come up with a toll free number to check on distribution in other area's I will post it. As of now I only have Sport's Eye local New York number of 516-484-3300.

Exactaman
11-07-2004, 03:58 PM
i heard the sports eye is about ready to pack it in.

sq764
11-10-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by melman
If you can find the Daily Harness Program in your area it is really quite a good deal. For today they have 11 harness tracks full pp's in easy to read format. Total cost for this program is $1.00 yes that is correct 1 buck. Not at all sure of the distribution area covered but I have no trouble getting it in the Philly area. Both the Philly Park Turf Club's and the local news stand have it. If I can come up with a toll free number to check on distribution in other area's I will post it. As of now I only have Sport's Eye local New York number of 516-484-3300.

Melman, I have never heard of this.. What area do you get it?

melman
11-10-2004, 10:24 AM
Scott I get the Daily Harness Program right in my home town. Also Lansdale the town right next to us has it at there news stand. From YOU not hearing about it I know the distribution has to be lousy. That has always been the problem with Sport's Eye publications. And from ExMan's post looks like they may be going out of business.

sq764
11-10-2004, 10:44 AM
Scott I get the Daily Harness Program right in my home town. Also Lansdale the town right next to us has it at there news stand. From YOU not hearing about it I know the distribution has to be lousy. That has always been the problem with Sport's Eye publications. And from ExMan's post looks like they may be going out of business.

Yeah, I have never heard of anything like it..

I would love to have a program that had all the harness tracks in it for the night..

melman
11-10-2004, 11:28 AM
Today's tracks covered by the program are Freehold Monticello Dover Northfield Saratoga Pompano Maywood and Cal Expo, they cover more when the other tracks are open. Scott, I would snail mail you a copy if you would like to see it. Don't know if your local news stand would carry it or not, but in our area they do because it sells. I know hard to believe but we have some harness fans in this section of PA. LOL

wes
11-11-2004, 11:53 AM
melman

are there any Comma-Delimited Drf style Past Performances (single file format) for harness racing? Would like a file that would work with a TB program. Without having to type in the data for all the races.

wes

melman
11-11-2004, 12:12 PM
Wes the only download for harness pp data that I know of is at trackmaster.com. They are good in that they are not at all expensive ($360.00 per year). However using them with a TB program I am not at all qualified to answer. Maybe JoeG or SQ could help on that question. I have spoken with JoeG several times and NONE of the harness software programs gets an "A" grade from him. And his advise I rate highly, very highly. How to build your own would also be way beyond my skill level. I think one of the main reasons I have moved to all harness and the unreal prices that can be had is this lack of data or software programs.

sq764
11-11-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by wes
melman

are there any Comma-Delimited Drf style Past Performances (single file format) for harness racing? Would like a file that would work with a TB program. Without having to type in the data for all the races.

wes

Wes, I use Trackmaster exe files for my spreadsheets (in Excel).. They are perfect for it.

JimG
11-11-2004, 03:54 PM
I think one of the main reasons I have moved to all harness and the unreal prices that can be had is this lack of data or software programs.

Shhhhh. :D

Zman179
11-11-2004, 08:47 PM
All the NYCOTB's got it right now for a buck a pop. Will go to $2 on Dec.1.
Nonetheless, it's really a steal. But what I can't figure out is that it undercuts the sales of the Sports Eye (soon to be called Harness Eye). Maybe the Eye owner figures that this'll increase business by offering a cheaper ($1 or $2) product which costs less to produce than the Eye at $5 a pop. Seems to be the case so far as I see more people in the OTB's betting on the trotters now.....during the daytime nonetheless!

andicap
11-15-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Zman179
All the NYCOTB's got it right now for a buck a pop. Will go to $2 on Dec.1.
Nonetheless, it's really a steal. But what I can't figure out is that it undercuts the sales of the Sports Eye (soon to be called Harness Eye). Maybe the Eye owner figures that this'll increase business by offering a cheaper ($1 or $2) product which costs less to produce than the Eye at $5 a pop. Seems to be the case so far as I see more people in the OTB's betting on the trotters now.....during the daytime nonetheless!

Maybe the same reason that Anheuser-Busch sells Michelob, Budweiser and Busch at three price points.

Even Coors has a premium beer, Killian Red.

Exactaman
11-17-2004, 09:57 PM
caught this gossip today

According to a reliable source, Sports Eye has released both editor
Jay Bergman and associate editor Ken Walters and plans no further
editorial content.

toetoe
12-12-2004, 09:52 PM
can't frank stronach buy sports eye?

sq764
12-12-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by toetoe
can't frank stronach buy sports eye?

So is sports eye going out of business??

I liked that daily harness program

andicap
12-13-2004, 12:05 PM
Not going out of business yet but they appear in bad shape since harness racing is on the decline.

I like the Daily Harness program as well. Good deal for $2. When I want to see charts I get Sports Eye for $5.

PaceAdvantage
12-15-2004, 10:25 AM
Actually, as far as I can tell, Sports Eye is very diversified, with harness racing actually being a very small part of the revenue stream.

Sports Eye, the company, is quite a large printing operation with many diverse outside jobs. In fact, I bet you didn't know that they print the Daily Racing Form at Sports Eye.

melman
12-15-2004, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the info PA. Yes I did know that Sports Eye does the actual printing for quite a few horse racing related publications including the DRF. They have changed the name to "Harness Eye" and are going with only pp's and charts in an attempt to make that unit of their business profitable. I hope it works out for them.

andicap
12-15-2004, 04:54 PM
Right, PA, good clarification.

I didn't 'mean to say the company Sports Eye Inc is in danger of going out of business. They publish a bunch of football and other sports mags as well.

I meant the venerable Sports Eye flagship paper (now Harness Eye) was in danger of being shut down.