PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Ladies of Racing (Happy International Women's Day)

RacingFan1992
03-08-2020, 08:25 AM
In honor of IWD, I wanna see who are your favorite distaffers are (both human and equine). They can be both living and passed.

I would have to say mine had an impact on each other because of the generousity of one, the other was able to show she was worthy of both sexes.

Mary Lou Whitney and Rachel Alexandra.

Other owners were plotting to exclude RA from the Preakness but Ms. Whitney theatened to pull her horse out if RA were kept out. Thankfully the other owners backed off and RA proved the best that day when she became the first filly in 85 years to win the Preakness.

Let's hear who your favorites are.

GaryG
03-08-2020, 09:40 AM
Kathy Walsh

The queen of Longacres is one of a kind

biggestal99
03-08-2020, 10:51 AM
Julie Krone and the immortal Ruffian.

108 and 3 at 6f as a 2yo

And then 227 and 4 at 12f and a 3

Allan

PhantomOnTour
03-08-2020, 03:41 PM
Mary Eppler

Robert Fischer
03-08-2020, 04:50 PM
Acacia, and Zenyatta.

clicknow
03-09-2020, 12:06 AM
Kelsi Harr is riding very well at OP this year. In the filly stakes today she took Perfect Happiness (who ha a bobbled break and got behind) thru a pretty small hole that was risky and I thought it was a very bold move.

She's 26 and was an apprentice rider last year at OP who was booking her own rides.......Larry Jones gave her a horse and she won her first race at OP on her last year.....she may have an agent now I don't know.....came over from CBY I guess where she had her very first win.

Today Perfect Happiness didn't win and was probably off her game after that break etc. but I see lots of good women jockeys all the time doing good stuff.

For horses.........Zenyatta and Zarkova.

jahura2
03-09-2020, 08:17 AM
In honor of IWD, I wanna see who are your favorite distaffers are (both human and equine). They can be both living and passed.

I would have to say mine had an impact on each other because of the generousity of one, the other was able to show she was worthy of both sexes.

Mary Lou Whitney and Rachel Alexandra.

Other owners were plotting to exclude RA from the Preakness but Ms. Whitney theatened to pull her horse out if RA were kept out. Thankfully the other owners backed off and RA proved the best that day when she became the first filly in 85 years to win the Preakness.

Let's hear who your favorites are.

Personal Ensign
Rosie Napravnik

Hoops McCann
03-09-2020, 11:13 AM
Rachel and Zenyatta

groupie doll
03-09-2020, 11:35 AM
Starship Jubilee!

BarchCapper
03-09-2020, 11:51 AM
Kelsi Harr is riding very well at OP this year. In the filly stakes today she took Perfect Happiness (who ha a bobbled break and got behind) thru a pretty small hole that was risky and I thought it was a very bold move.

She's 26 and was an apprentice rider last year at OP who was booking her own rides.......Larry Jones gave her a horse and she won her first race at OP on her last year.....she may have an agent now I don't know.....came over from CBY I guess where she had her very first win.

Today Perfect Happiness didn't win and was probably off her game after that break etc. but I see lots of good women jockeys all the time doing good stuff.

For horses.........Zenyatta and Zarkova.

Kelsi's fiance is Robert Cline, who was an assistant for Larry Jones before going out on his own.

groupie doll
03-09-2020, 12:12 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot the humans... Gabby.

cutchemist42
03-09-2020, 01:04 PM
I know shes out now but I really liked Dawn Lupul on the WO feed.

elhelmete
03-09-2020, 05:58 PM
Dodie Duys
:headbanger::headbanger:

Afleet
03-09-2020, 07:04 PM
Personal Ensign
Rosie Napravnik

Rosie rode a horse I was a part owner of. She was white as a ghost in the paddock-she later announced she was pregnant:) She was the best female rider that I have ever seen