PDA

View Full Version : Voter Fraud Ohio

ljb
10-23-2004, 08:19 AM
I had posted a note about this on another thread. PA took me to task for my note. So I will add this note.
Last week there were many postings of outrage that several Republican operatives involved in an absentee ballot scandal in South Dakota were quickly wisked away to work on the GOP get-out-the-vote effort in Ohio.

Despite substantial internet and some national media coverage of the story, this issue got nearly zero coverage in the Ohio media.

This afternoon the Sioux Falls Argus Leader reported that 5 of the 6 staffers involved in the absentee ballot caper have been indicted. Two of the 5, Nathan Mertz and Todd Schleckeway, are currently working in Ohio. Another staffer who was reported to have been sent to Ohio, Eric Fahrendorf was also indicted, but the Ohio Republican Party claims he wasn't moved to Ohio.

Larry Russell, ringleader of the absentee ballot caper, was also moved to Ohio, but there is no word yet on his fate.

At the time this first surfaced last week, there was almost no media coverage in Ohio. The only big paper that covered the story, the Dispatch, used a hack reporter who swallowed the Republican spin whole and tut-tutted the concerns raised by the Ohio Democratic Party about these staffers presence in Ohio.

I would urge all members living in Ohio to contact there newspapers and demand an investigation of this action.

Tom
10-23-2004, 11:28 AM
Ohmygosh....fraud???
Are the dems trying to deny our servicemen and women their absentee ballots yet AGAIN?????

ljb
10-23-2004, 11:44 AM
Tom,
You should get a rubber stamp for your replies. If you cannot refute the issue, just post a smiley face. Your attempts at humor are growing dismal.

boxcar
10-23-2004, 11:48 AM
I don't understand LJB's concerns at all, since the DemRats' head honcho in one county, anyway, isn't very concerned at all about "voter fraud". Here are some snippets out of today's Cincinnati Post's story about voter fraud potential in Hamilton County.

The cards, collected by the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now -- had similar handwriting and invalid addresses. The cards have added fuel to the debate about the integrity of the voting process in the upcoming election.

Republicans have expressed concerns that voter fraud could influence election results, while Democrats say the likelihood of fraud is minimal.

Hey, LJB, did you catch the last phrase in this last paragraph? What's to worry about m' man? Everythin' gonna be cool in da Buckeye State. But let's read on 'cause dosse wascally Republicans are up to no good:

John Williams, Director of the Hamilton County Board of Elections, said the possibility that fraudulent registrations could slip through is very real. "With the increase in voter registration this year, it would be very difficult for us to catch them all," he said...

"In most cases voters are NOT required to show identification when voting," Williams said. "Hamilton County has traditionally been pretty clean when it comes to voter fraud, but it is a risk in other parts of the state." (emphasis mine)

So...in "most cases voters are not" required to show up with any I.D. Interesting. The No I.D. requirement doesn't leave the door wide opend for voter fraud???? But yet...the DemRats basically say, "fear not"? Everything is cool, man???? (Have these guys been out guzzlin' with Tayraza???)

Oh, but wait...as you read on, we find out what the real concerns of the DemRats are:

The Board of Elections has registered about 84,000 new voters in Hamilton County this year, according to Chairman Tim Burke. Burke, also head of the county Democratic Party, said he thought the number of fraudulent registrations that could get through is very small.

"Anyone trying to suggest that there might be overwhelming voter fraud is creating a smokescreen," he said. "I'm more concerned about challenges to legitimate voters and efforts to try to intimidate voters."

So...the bigger problem in this yo-yo's mind is that any kind of real screening process might actually disenfranchise a handful of voters, while, perhaps, screening out thousands of fraudulent votes!

Meanwhile, dem pesky Repubs intend to look into at least 35,000 votes that were cast because....

"We have seen enough evidence to warrant a challenge to some names and we intend to be on hand to do that," he said.

Barrett, also a Board of Elections member, said a court ruling allowing provisional ballots for all voters could increase the likelihood of vote fraud.

"The first step in security is the registration book, which is distributed by precinct," he said. "Precinct workers compare signatures to determine if the correct person is voting, but if there is no signature to compare it is easier to commit voter fraud."

State Republicans are challenging the veracity of approximately 35,000 new voter registrants where election cards were returned as undeliverable by the U.S. Postal Service.

Hmm...so let's see now, if we have all this straight: .The DemRat head honcho in Hamiltion County essentially said that despite the fact that 35,000 election cards bounced back to the Election Board in the snail mail system (which on the face of it is pretty compelling evidence that something at the very least "could" be amiss), he's not nearly as concerned with voter fraud as he is with folks not getting their votes counted.

Seems to me that they only way this NutJob wouldn't be concerned is if those 35,000 votes were all cast by DemRat operatives looking to rig the outcome of an election? Or am I just being a wee bit cynical, here?

Here is the link to the full story:

http://www.cincypost.com/2004/10/23/voting10-23-2004.html

Boxcar

JustRalph
10-23-2004, 01:28 PM
This place is going to be a mad house come election day. There are going to be "challengers" at every location. Your registration validity can be challenged by "observers" from each party. Welcome to the next Florida...........

Tom
10-23-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph
This place is going to be a mad house come election day. There are going to be "challengers" at every location. Your registration validity can be challenged by "observers" from each party. Welcome to the next Florida...........

And the "observers" have to come out in to the dark night when it is over!:eek:

kenwoodallpromos
10-23-2004, 02:55 PM
Each party has thousands of lawyers and all we here about is corruption- amazing coincidence!
Who the hell do you think is telling them how to cheat except the lawyers?
If I see a lawyer anywhere near my polling place I will knock the shit out of him (or her)!
If you want honest elections "Kill all the lawyers", and do not vote for any. (except Nader). LOL.

Proof:_____________
"We could see a lot of this coming back after the election if it could make a difference in the outcome," said Barry Richard, who leads the Bush campaign's court team in Florida. "Then, of course, there's all the stuff we can't really think of at this point. *********Lawyers can be pretty creative".

Dave Schwartz
10-23-2004, 03:10 PM
Actually, this is pretty serious stuff. We are experiencing it here in Reno as well.

Seems that a "company" was formed to get voter registartions in public places (i.e. Walmart, etc.). Seems that their agenda was signing up Republicans only.

So, they took voter registrations from everyone and shredded the ones from democrats! Now, as the election approaches ballot instructions are being received in the mail, people are inquiring as to where their ballots are. Thus far, several people (all democrats thus far) who claim to have signed up outside local food stores are not registered.

It also appears that this has happened in several other cities around the country. In Las Vegas a guy that worked for one of the companies doing the signups went to the media and took a cameraman to a trash can outside the company's headquarters directly to a small pile of torn up voter registrations. Again, all the voters involved were democrats.

IMHO, we (and "we" cannot include just democrats) need to be outraged at this. People need to be going to prison for a long time over this.

People, we need to be American's first!

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

kenwoodallpromos
10-23-2004, 03:14 PM
Election Observation & Voter Education
“It is a great injustice to us all when African-Americans are denied their fundamental right to vote. On Election Day in your cities, my campaign will provide teams of election observers and lawyers to monitor elections and enforce the law.” - John Kerry
Lawyers for Kerry-Edwards is working with the DNC’s Voting Rights Institute (VRI) to organize thousands of attorneys across the country to be *****in every polling place on Election Day and to ***educate voters locally about their ballot, their voting machine and the voting process. Help safeguard the democratic process by signing up with the VRI today!
_________
In other words, to tell people how to vote and gather phoney voter intimidation stories so they cry 4 more years that their war criminal got screwed out of the presidency.
Meanwhile, I have tried to call my local Democrat office 3 times when they claim to be open and they never answer or call back.
Losers would rather cry than work.
And Republicans would rather force low wages on workers than to do the work themselves.

Tom
10-23-2004, 03:50 PM
"People, we need to be American's first! "

Dave, if someone is stupid enough to resigster at a Wal Mart, I am not going to lose any sleep over their not being able to vote.
For four years, this country has had a wake up call that voting is someting to take seriously. Registering as an afterthought to picking up some Mop n Glow is not taking it seriously.
Not having the brains to push out a punch chad - not registering to vote at an offical site, the price you pay for laziness is not being able to vote. We even have alternative ballots this year for people too stupid to find their rightful polling place. Do we REALLY want this class of idiot affecting our elections?
:confused:

ljb
10-23-2004, 04:12 PM
Tom,
sometimes you are a sorry excuse for a human being. This is one of those times. Your attitude shows the begginings of the civil war about to start in the Republican party.

Dave Schwartz
10-23-2004, 04:31 PM
Tom,

Where do you think most people register to vote?

Do they drive down to the county court complex and go into the regsitrar's office?

I believe that most people, especially those that move around often (such as apartment dwellers) register that way.

Dave Schwartz

Donnie
10-23-2004, 05:01 PM
With all due respect Dave, I have never heard of anyone ever registering at Walmart! Here in Podunk, IA, I went to the county office. Seems to me, something as important as voting should be handled ONLY thru governemnt offices. I would be highly suspect of someone standing outside Walmart asking me to fill out a voter registration card.

But then again, I was born in another time.

LJB-- Drop me into the class you conveniently placed Tom into. I have to agree in spirit with his comments. It is frightening to me that a vote could actually be swung by a group of uninformed, backwater Walmart shoppers who cannot find their way to their assigned polling place. And their decision is based on what? Free underwear and ramein noodles? Or maybe a band came to play...and...and.. it was, like, a really, like, really rocking show, dude. Rock on!

Sorry....just the rantings of a self proclaimed "sorry excuse for a human being". (I am not endorsing voter fraud and if that story is true, let the guilty feel the wrath. But come 'on! WALMART??):eek:

delayjf
10-23-2004, 05:04 PM
Tom does bring up a valid point. Is it in this countries best interest to allow individuals with no understanding of the issues and are only there to vote because some Dem/Rep operative is paying them 10.00 to vote for the guy they want? For most, I'm guessing you don't have a problem with it if he's supporting your guy.

ljb
10-23-2004, 05:25 PM
Don't mean to get you folks upset but, there are many staunch republican voters at the Walmart. Is this some sort of class discrimination you fellows are promoting ?
How about we require some sort of degree prior to voting? Let's see, high school ? College ? Bachelor or Masters? What about maybe just those with Doctorates should be allowed to vote. Now that we have settled that let's work on religon. Of course church attendance should be a requirement don't you think? And not just any church we all know that Christians are the chosen ones. Jews, muslims and various others need not apply. Now we did away with racial discrimination but we may want to look at that again. and everybody knows gays should not be allowed to vote. Come to think of it why in the hell did we ever give women the right to vote?
Carry on, Carry on fellows you are taking us back to the "good ol days". Don't ya just luv it? ;)

hcap
10-23-2004, 05:40 PM
ljb,

Seems to me you nailed it. According to

http://www.usccr.gov/pubs/uncsam/complain/voting.htm

There are few restrictions to the right to vote.

"The imposition by a state or voting district of a voting qualification, a prerequisite for registration or voting, or some other standard, practice, or procedure based on race, color, or membership in a language minority group that results in a denial of your right to vote or to participate in the processes leading to a nomination or election is forbidden by federal laws. It is also forbidden to have as a prerequisite for voting that you demonstrate the ability to read, write, understand, or interpret any matter, demonstrate any educational achievement or knowledge of any particular subject, or possess good moral character. If you cannot read or write, voting officials are required to permit you to receive assistance from a person of your choice so that you can vote."

In Tom's case, the ability to control mindless venting and rage, SHOULD be a prerequisite. Along with the ability to pass feeble on a standard IQ test

Donnie
10-23-2004, 06:29 PM
LJB and HCAP---
I object to the process, not the people. If the process of voter registration is controlled out of county offices and then into the proper voting places....obviously people would have to have something that resembled a brain in order to follow this process....then I would not be too concerned. I thought you were objecting to the process a few posts back....voter registration cards torn up in a garbage can.....well holy smokes!! Maybe we shouldn't be trying to sign people up where there are no controls!! I am one of those backwater Walmart shoppers...but I am smart enough to think twice about something so important as my rights to vote. I detest people trying to get the uninformed vote...be it Rep or Dem!

If they had to enforce the "moral character" clause stated above, we would have only one party anyways. :D

Dave Schwartz
10-23-2004, 07:12 PM
Not to belabor the point but would it have been different if I had said Macy's instead?

Because they were signing people up there as well.

Dave

schweitz
10-23-2004, 07:21 PM
In my opinion if somebody has to ask you to register (wherever that might be), you probably will not make the effort to vote.

Donnie
10-23-2004, 07:57 PM
Dave---respectfully:
Street-corner sign-up is a crock! What controls do you have?? Absolutely none! I don't care if it's Macy's or Walmart or the Outback. Oh well...it is what it is.

Tom
10-23-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Dave Schwartz
Not to belabor the point but would it have been different if I had said Macy's instead?

Because they were signing people up there as well.

Dave

Oh, well then, THAT is different!
:eek:

Tom
10-23-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by delayjf
Tom does bring up a valid point. Is it in this countries best interest to allow individuals with no understanding of the issues and are only there to vote because some Dem/Rep operative is paying them 10.00 to vote for the guy they want? For most, I'm guessing you don't have a problem with it if he's supporting your guy.

Dont' you guys love it when I am sooooooo far out there that everyone else sounds logical???:D ;) :rolleyes: ;) :D

JustRalph
10-23-2004, 09:54 PM
I don't give a damn where they signed up. If they were victims of fraud or there was a conspiracy to throw away their registrations, somebody needs to go to jail.............the location isn't the issue.........the criminal conduct is..................

"If you want a fishing license push two" "Beeeep!"

If I have to see this commercial one more time!!!!!!!!!

Dave Schwartz
10-23-2004, 10:09 PM
Ralph,

Thank you! My point exactly.

Dave

Tom
10-23-2004, 10:33 PM
Look guys, if there is not a check and balance to this system it is bogus. Pre-numbered registration forms should have been issued and an exact count returned. Any missing forms and the guy would be up the creek.
It sounds like this is a pretty shabby and unreliable system.
And how can anyone not bonded be acceptable take registrations?
The whole idea must be stopped immediatley. It is not controlled and the documentation of it is totally unacceptable.

doophus
10-23-2004, 11:48 PM
At least the 6th Circuit has overturned the "vote anywhere in my county" ruling. At least the illegals must vote in their home precinct.:)

Even in Louisiana we must have a picture ID and the addy on the ID must match the voter registration addy. The voter registration card is not requested at the polls.

kenwoodallpromos
10-24-2004, 01:39 AM
Democrat-owned Walmart threatened to arrest me for trying to get a medical marijuana petition signed.
I have been paid to do Ca voter registration for Reform, Demos, and Repubs at different times. Some do cheat and only get their own. They should go to jail. The law says you have to register all persons and parties.
I tell people what party is paying me and some will sign up that party so I can make more money. But I sign them up for whatever party they want. We just have to yurn in our parties' cards and mail the others or let the people maio them.
I worked by the hour for the Demos and they tried to rip me off 2 hours' pay. I had to report them to the labor commission and tell the State assermblyman to get paid. LOL.

Tom
10-24-2004, 10:12 AM
I'm going to Wal Mart today and open up a booth where I accept bank deposits from anyone and promise to put them in the bank of your choice Monday, becasue you don't have time to go the ral bank. LOL! I bet I get more dems signed up than Ljb did?:D

boxcar
10-24-2004, 06:50 PM
doophus wrote:

At least the 6th Circuit has overturned the "vote anywhere in my county" ruling. At least the illegals must vote in their home precinct.:)

You're absolutely right, Doophus. A court has finally handed down a sound, rational, common sense decision. This decision will help to inhibit widespread fraud.

Naturally, the DemRats (who were once again the first to rush to challenge the Ohio Sec. of State's ruling) are up in arms over this, and are thinking about appealing. (Although, I think I heard on FNC earlier today that they're not going to appeal this one. But I stand to be corrected.) To their way of thinking, the ruling is "discriminatory". To quote part of the Fox News Report:

The Ohio Democratic Party and a coalition of labor and voter rights groups argue that Blackwell's order discriminated against the poor and minorities, who tend to move more frequently.

Well...lets's just stand the system on its ear, and roll over and play dead for the "poor and minorities" (a straw man at best). If the "poor and minorities" really want to vote, they'll do what it takes to get their butts to the proper precints to cast their votes. Just because one is poor and/or black doesn't absolve one from his or her civic responsibilites. Society in each state must establish and maintain one set of rules that applies equally to everyone regardless of a person's economic status or racial or ethnic heritage.

It's only the Liberals who are so willing to throw the electoral process into chaos and madness by making separate rules, which aren't even necessary-- except, of course, to serve as a facilitator for fraud.

For the full story on this ruling affecting Ohio, see:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,136411,00.html

Boxcar

schweitz
10-24-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by boxcar

Well...lets's just stand the system on its ear, and roll over and play dead for the "poor and minorities" (a straw man at best). If the "poor and minorities" really want to vote, they'll do what it takes to get their butts to the proper precints to cast their votes. Just because one is poor and/or black doesn't absolve one from his or her civic responsibilites. Society in each state must establish and maintain one set of rules that applies equally to everyone regardless of a person's economic status or racial or ethnic heritage.

It's only the Liberals who are so willing to throw the electoral process into chaos and madness by making separate rules, which aren't even necessary-- except, of course, to serve as a facilitator for fraud.

Well said.

Secretariat
10-25-2004, 01:28 AM
It does make you wonder that if we can't get the registraiton process together over 200 years, how is it ever gonna be together in 2 months in IRaq?

boxcar
10-25-2004, 10:31 AM
Secretariat wrote:

It does make you wonder that if WE can't get the registraiton process together over 200 years, how is it ever gonna be together in 2 months in IRaq? (emphasis mine)

Because there are no "we" (read: DemRats) over there to screw things up!

Boxcar