PDA

View Full Version : Mark Casse - Use of Clenbuterol

bobbyb
03-03-2020, 10:52 AM
Mark's take on the use of Clenbuterol and form reversal.

https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/Casse_Clenbuterol_behind_racings_unimaginable_form _reversals_123?utm_source=aimtell&utm_medium=push&utm_campaign=campaign-869688

chiguy
03-03-2020, 11:39 AM
Obviously a well informed opinion. Would be interested to hear anyone on the other side of this. There does not seem to be much push back and only agreement from other trainers. Chad Brown tweeted today that he has never given a single one of his horses this drug. Unless there is some really great argument out there it should be banned completely.

pandy
03-03-2020, 01:32 PM
Mark's take on the use of Clenbuterol and form reversal.

https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/Casse_Clenbuterol_behind_racings_unimaginable_form _reversals_123?utm_source=aimtell&utm_medium=push&utm_campaign=campaign-869688

Hopefully they'll ban it.

MJC922
03-03-2020, 06:39 PM
Nice to hear a well-regarded trainer speak out about this. It never should've been made legal. The day I bet heavily on a horse I knew was treated illegally with this in the 90s based upon its appearance and recent performances by other horses in the barn, the horse had a heart attack on the backstretch collapsed and almost killed the jockey in the process. I felt somewhat ashamed to have even bet on the horse but at the time it was obviously a factor I needed to take into account. Of course I was very shocked when it was eventually made legal not that long afterward. I had walked away by then due to tote volatility more than the drug issue but clearly the drug issue hasn't gone away yet either.

pandy
03-04-2020, 06:53 AM
I wonder what else is being used. Arrogate, to me, looked like he was on something when he broke the track record winning the Travers at Saratoga. I often wonder if some trainers are still using steroids but know how to cycle them so they're out of the bloodstream by race day.

cj
03-04-2020, 11:46 AM
I wonder what else is being used. Arrogate, to me, looked like he was on something when he broke the track record winning the Travers at Saratoga. I often wonder if some trainers are still using steroids but know how to cycle them so they're out of the bloodstream by race day.

I don't think it is any coincidence that top horses have races spaced out more and more as time goes on.