PDA

View Full Version : NFL week 7

Valuist
10-22-2004, 04:30 PM
Starting to like more games as the season goes on.

Buffalo +5.5---Kyle Boller has to be one of the worst QBs in the NFL, and w/no Jamal Lewis, Boller will likely have to make a few big plays to get a cover.

NE -6 Pats are around 85% ATS the past 36-38 games. Thats unreal. Jets are 5-0 but have faced Miami, Buff, Cincy, SF and SD. This is a big step up in class

NE/NYJ UNDER 44--both pass D are solid. Even if there's no wind or rain, I like this one under the total.

KC -4 not sold on the Falcons yet. They're defensive numbers are good but they havent faced much and I think KC can move the ball on them. KC's porous run D has shown improvement.

Tenn +6.5 Titans proved they can handle a shootout in the GB game. Minny can score but that D is pretty bad. And Fisher over Tice is a no-brainer.

Dall/GB OVER 44- Dallas' solid D from last year has gone away. GB's is terrible this year. Last week was a mirage. Detroit had no healthy weapons to take advantage of the Packers terrible defense. GB still has a few solid weapons on O and Dallas' passing game has been solid.

bobbytabb
10-24-2004, 12:33 AM
I may sound like a "homer', but I think the Fins are the best home dog bet on the board. I'll be at the game and as dismal as this season has been, they really have been in every game. Historically, the Fins are 6-1 vs the Rams, so, 6 1/2 points make them a palyable home dog.

BetHorses!
10-24-2004, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by bobbytabb
I may sound like a "homer', but I think the Fins are the best home dog bet on the board. I'll be at the game and as dismal as this season has been, they really have been in every game. Historically, the Fins are 6-1 vs the Rams, so, 6 1/2 points make them a palyable home dog.

I am with you on this Dolphins pick. The Rams cannot stop a play Good Dog

I'll also play Chiefs -4

sq764
10-24-2004, 03:04 PM
Anyone know the win/loss on the overs for the whole year?

After watching 5 weeks of football, it appears that defense is simply non-existent..

Valuist
10-25-2004, 11:08 AM
Sq-

I was a little surprised to see these numbers myself, but 45 overs 55 unders so far:

http://www.wagerline.com/league.asp?Sport=NFL&Last=120

There was talk in the off-season about the books arbitrarily raising totals by 2-3 pts on all games to account for the rules changes. Also, there's quite a few teams right now that CANNOT score.

sq764
10-25-2004, 11:09 PM
Wow, that is a little stunning to me.. Frankly, I haven't been looking at the o/u lines, just the scores.. I could certainly see how they could have raised the o/u lines a few points if those are the stats on the over/under so far this year.

Maybe this is why I stopped betting football my last year in college.. We used to love to bet the over and would be sweating games out every Sunday...