PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Big Payoffs at Tampa Bay

Sparky13
02-09-2020, 08:57 AM
I have never seen so many big payoffs for so many consecutive races at one track in one day. Saturday at Tampa Bay, races 5-12 produced these: 27.40, 50.80, 17.20, 35.60, 13.80, 44.00, 13.60 and 27.00. Where were the "favorites"? WOW!!!

CheckMark
02-09-2020, 09:56 AM
Yea no kidding.

Had the winner in R11 :2: which paid $13.60

Appy
02-09-2020, 10:49 AM
Playing Rosario to place worked pretty good, but not the big payday. Yesterday was a major difference for TAM. It is normally one of the most heavily connection based result track I've ever seen.

Zman179
02-10-2020, 04:13 PM
Early 50c Pick 5 paid $139,972
Late 50c Pick 5 paid $435,029

Both pools had one winning ticket.

Wow. Payoffs like this will have me playing Tampa on a regular basis!

Appy
02-10-2020, 05:25 PM
I hear ya. Those are the kind of races I most like to win. But there's a catch...you gotta hit em.
Tam wasn't done Saturday either. Sunday produced 2 more, although the rest of the card was more back to what it is usually like.

My theory playing horse races is there are two ways to win big. One is to risk big $ each bet. The other is to play horses that will pay big. It's a lot harder to win the second way and wins will be less frequent, but you don't lose the farm when you lose. Those losses also make the wins that much sweeter.

Tom
02-11-2020, 10:05 AM
Some suspicious results Saturday.
I like to avoid these "festival" days for the most part.
Seems like they set them up to "shear the sheep!" :lol:

I was lucky - my cable and internet both went out (2 minutes before XFL kick off! :rant:) and never came back until 9-10 o'clock.

castaway01
02-11-2020, 10:43 AM
I hear ya. Those are the kind of races I most like to win. But there's a catch...you gotta hit em.
Tam wasn't done Saturday either. Sunday produced 2 more, although the rest of the card was more back to what it is usually like.

My theory playing horse races is there are two ways to win big. One is to risk big $ each bet. The other is to play horses that will pay big. It's a lot harder to win the second way and wins will be less frequent, but you don't lose the farm when you lose. Those losses also make the wins that much sweeter.

I know there are people who can bet big and win big and have a proven track record---we call them whales---but for the vast majority of us, the best tactic is to bet a little while giving yourself the chance to win a lot. (What a "little" is depends on the person of course.) I think that has changed as the value has gone out of betting (for the million reasons discussed regularly here). Fifteen years ago and playing trainers' patterns, I had some nice years with pretty large (for me) win bets only. I think that type of grind is VERY difficult now. In the past decade, when I've had winning years, it's a lot of give a little, win a little, running in place, with the occasional nice Pick 4 or Pick 5 score putting me over the top.

jay68802
02-11-2020, 01:39 PM
Was alive in the late P 4 with two horses in the last leg on a $24.00 ticket. For me to get the winner in the last leg, I would of had to have spent $96.00. The $44.00 winner of the second leg was given to me by my handicapping mentor. I gave him the winner of the first leg. Did we hit the Double? No.:D

Michael
02-11-2020, 06:47 PM
Early 50c Pick 5 paid $139,972
Late 50c Pick 5 paid $435,029

Both pools had one winning ticket.

Wow. Payoffs like this will have me playing Tampa on a regular basis!

Now I don't feel so bad. I'm still in a bit of a daze after Sat @ tampa.
For the most part I saved a ton of money because my capping, and the results of the day... led in two different directions so I just didnt bet because I had no confidence in my opinions. Honestly, had no clue what was going on in some races. I'm still left scratching my head on several of the winners that came in.