PDA

View Full Version : Fair Grounds 7th Race

luisbe
02-08-2020, 04:43 PM
Two opponents after scratches.After the last scratch (No 5) it was announced there was an exacta at play. They took bets on exactas until gate opened.
After the race, when the results were available, it was informed that exacta was a refund.
This is not serious.
BTW, I didn't have any bey on the race.

Appy
02-09-2020, 10:56 AM
Can't believe they didn't just cancel the race and insert a sub. They usually take entries for sub races on entry day, although once the card is determined the trainers are never prepared to go with the sub as most think a horse can't run without lasix.

green80
02-09-2020, 11:32 AM
Two opponents after scratches.After the last scratch (No 5) it was announced there was an exacta at play. They took bets on exactas until gate opened.
After the race, when the results were available, it was informed that exacta was a refund.
This is not serious.
BTW, I didn't have any bey on the race.

the probably saw that they would have a negative pool on one side of the exacta so they just cancelled it rather than take the loss. I don't know if they can do that by law, they just did it. If they can do that whats to stop them from canceling all show wagers when they have a negative pool.

luisbe
02-10-2020, 07:54 PM
the probably saw that they would have a negative pool on one side of the exacta so they just cancelled it rather than take the loss. I don't know if they can do that by law, they just did it. If they can do that whats to stop them from canceling all show wagers when they have a negative pool.
That's fine if they announce it before the race is run, but the announcer said there was exacta in play.