PDA

View Full Version : NFL Week 7

betchatoo
10-22-2004, 04:51 AM
Valuist: Hope you don't mind my starting the thread this week, but I couldn't sleep and I finished all my handicapping.
Record going into week 4-5:

This week

Giants -6.5 over Detroit
Giants are coming off a bye week, playing solid ball and have outyarded their last 3 opponents 376-288. Surprisingly they've been awful off the bye (4-11 their last 15). But Warner has given them solid field generalship and they believe in themselves. Meanwhile, Detroit is 4-15 after Green Bay and is the only team that has been outstatted every game this year

Cleveland +7.5 over Philidelphia
I am aware that Philly might be the best team in football right now, but I can see this as a down week following their revenge victory over Carolina. Cleveland has been getting better each week and is undefeated in the "dawg pound"

Miami +6.5 over St. louis
As a Chicagoan you can't know how much it pains me to take a Wannie coached team, but I think this is a great situation. St. Louis is coming off a tough Monday night win (1-4 after Monday games) and they are not a good grass team (4-11, last 15) Good Miami defense gets it done, despite coach.

Monday night: Denver-Cincy under 43.5
This looks like a steal to me. Denver loves to run when they can and the Bengals give up plenty of yardage on the ground. In the meantime Palmer is getting an education against good defenses and Denvers is one of the best.

Valuist
10-22-2004, 05:35 PM
No problem. I posted but had it in the wrong forum (off topic). I'll just give my picks; explanations on the other forum

Buffalo +5.5
KC -4
New Eng -6
NE/NYJ UNDER 44
Tenn +6.5
Dall/GB OVER 44

SAL
10-23-2004, 09:48 PM
Tampa Bay –7 vs Chicago-The Bucs were unlucky to lose on Monday nite vs the Rams. If not for two gift td’s via turnovers, they would probably have beaten them. Shouldn’t have any problems stopping the Bears, who had to punt 9 out of their first 10 drives vs Washington. The offense is starting to show signs of life with Griese as the starter.

New England –7 vs New York Jets-Patriots are showing they are the class of the NFL in this battle of unbeatens. The Jets have built their record with a soft schedule. The Pats keep getting the job done in workmanlike fashion, covering the spread in 18 of their last 23 games. I smell a blowout here.

Kansas City/Atlanta over 44.5-I can easlily see both these teams scoring over 20 points in this contest.

betchatoo
10-26-2004, 01:44 AM
Looks like we all had good weeks. I went 3-1 (6-1 last 2 weeks) to finally get my record over .500 at 7-6. Tonights game easily fell under the total though not quite the way I imagined it.

Good handicapping guys!

SAL
10-26-2004, 10:06 AM
Nice call on Miami and Cleveland. I took Cleveland this weekend, mainly because I though Jeff Garcia had a lot of incentive to play well.

Valuist
10-26-2004, 10:51 AM
Cleveland's offense looks like a different team now that they are rolling Garcia out. They may continue to be a good over team.