PDA

View Full Version : Mountaineer Winterized Track

Buddha
10-22-2004, 02:09 AM
I read at the track the other day that they are going to be winterizing the track this year on the 3rd 4th and 5th of November, with it being ready for the races on the night of the 5th. Just giving everyone a heads up on it.

Hosshead
10-22-2004, 05:51 AM
Do they do this every year? If there's a big difference between the regular and winterized version (Aqu inner/main), I guess I should make 2 different "models" of MNR !

Zaf
10-22-2004, 11:38 AM
Thanks Jarrod !

ZAFONIC

Buddha
10-22-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Hosshead
Do they do this every year? If there's a big difference between the regular and winterized version (Aqu inner/main), I guess I should make 2 different "models" of MNR !

Yes, they do it every year. It generally is much deeper, and slower times. I remember last year it was almost commonplace to extremely slow races. Here are hte fractions from 2 races last year a week after it was winterized. the first is going 6 furlongs, and the second a mile 70

23.1 48.2 102.0 116.3
23.4 49.3 117.4 147.1 152.0

Now that is just 2 races from one day, but they are all generally that slow.

shanta
10-23-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Buddha
I read at the track the other day that they are going to be winterizing the track this year on the 3rd 4th and 5th of November, with it being ready for the races on the night of the 5th. Just giving everyone a heads up on it.

Much appreciated Jarrod.
Richie:)

garyoz
10-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the heads-up--greatly appreciated. As I recall, the inside still stays pretty bad, and it seems like it is a perpetual "good" track, pretty tiring--but still best to be close to the pace. Does that sound right?

Buddha
10-26-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by garyoz
Thanks for the heads-up--greatly appreciated. As I recall, the inside still stays pretty bad, and it seems like it is a perpetual "good" track, pretty tiring--but still best to be close to the pace. Does that sound right?

Yea, somewhat. Seems like at least the first week or two, since it is generally deeper, that the horses have to be fit or won't run well. Usually closers or off the pacers run well.

Also, once it gets below freezing, the track is almost constantly in a freeze/thaw mode which keeps it good/wet most of the winter. some days it will be listed as fast, but it usually holds a bunch of moisture.

Buddha
11-03-2004, 05:31 PM
The winterization has been delayed a week and will be done next week, as opposed to the starting this week.

Buddha
11-12-2004, 12:20 PM
The track was winterized this week. I don't know what to expect and to anyone playing Mountaineer tonight, tread lighlty until we see what the track is going to do. A worker on the backside told me that the track was very shallow, so I don't know if they didnt have all the dirt out or if it isn't going to be as deep as it usually was.

I have yet to see it, and wont get to see if until I head to work. Hopefully we will get an idea of what it is like after a race or two.