PDA

View Full Version : jcapper and pp printout

thelyingthief
02-03-2020, 01:38 PM
I am thinking of going with this program. Can the past performances be printed, and do they look like pp from bris, drf, etc?

Jeff P
02-03-2020, 04:09 PM
The PPs report files render as .html and can be viewed from inside of JCapper's PPs Generator.

Because they are .html they can also be viewed by double clicking the report file itself - which causes the report file to pop open in a web browser.

To send to a printer: Hit CTRL-P while viewing and select your printer.

Optionally, if you've installed a program like DoPdf (or others) you can also print as a PDF doc.

So you can see what they look like - I generated PPs for Laurel R3 from yesterday's (Sun 02-02-2020) card and uploaded it to the JCapper server.

Link - here:
http://www.JCapper.com/Messageboard/Reports/PPS_JCP_LRL02022020R3.html

The report at the above link is the default view.

Fyi, a number of user-customizations are also available - the ability to see wet lines only, dry lines only, the most recent n lines only, synth lines only, dirt lines only, turf lines only, lines at today's track-surf-dist only, all lines, user tripnotes instead of Equibase chartcaller comments, and the ability to embed JCapper numbers into the PPs, etc.

Right now as I type this I'm working on adding the ability to display of weight of horse for past running lines into the report as a new user-customization.

To be clear only a handful of tracks are compiling weight of horse as a data point and reporting it to Equibase. For past running lines where weight of horse made it into the data the user will be able to see weight of horse for that running line. For past races where weight of horse did not make it into the data the user will see the letters 'na' (without the quotes) instead of weight of horse for that running line.

I'm thinking I should have weight of horse tested and ready for download sometime within the next week or so.

-jp

thelyingthief
02-04-2020, 01:08 PM
I can program (Python/javascript). I can probably use the files to create a pdf version of the pp's if the need arises. Yours would be fine but I cross check speed figures using the old DRF SR+TV, and I don't see those anywhere.

Is that one of the mentioned options?

thanks for so swift a reply,
tlt

JustRalph
02-04-2020, 09:32 PM
Congrats Jeff.

I haven’t used it for awhile. Looks like you have continued to improve the product. Looks great!

Jeff P
02-04-2020, 09:48 PM
The .JCP data file contains a Speed Rating and Variant based on the info model described by Ron Tiller of HDW in post #8 of this thread:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156148&highlight=variant

To date there hasn't been an option ito display this in JCapper Past Performances (mainly because no one has really asked to see it displayed.)

BUT --

The data fields (speed rating and variant) are present in the .JCP data file.

Adding an option to display it for each running line in past performances is actually pretty easy.

This afternoon, after the last race at TUP went official, I spent a few minutes whiteboarding out some notes about how to best go about getting it done --

And from there added a few lines of new code to the JCapper Past Performance Generator to make it happen.

So that you can see what it looks like, I hard coded the new setting that controls it as 'ON', generated past performances for same race from the same Laurel card that I used above, uploaded the past performance .html report file to the JCapper server, and linked to it here:
http://www.JCapper.com/Messageboard/Reports/PPS_JCP_LRL02022020R3_SRV.html

I'll need to add an actual setting to the JCapper Enhanced Settings Module to enable users to toggle display for SR and Variant OFF and ON.

I'll also need to compile a new download package and get it uploaded it to the server.

That said --

Doing this was pretty easy. It will be in the next program update that I publish (ETA a few days from now.)

More to come...

-jp

Jeff P
02-04-2020, 10:13 PM
I can program (Python/javascript)
andI cross check speed figures using the old DRF SR+TV

The data fields (speed rating and track variant) are present in the .JCP data file.

If you are doing your own data project in Python or Excel, etc. and if you want to do some sanity checking of speed and pace figs - you can easily pull both SR and TV from the data file.

The .JCP file also contains time at each call for the race leader, positional calls for each runner, and beaten lengths at each call for each runner.

From that, with a little programming, it isn't terribly difficult to create your own velocity based numbers.

Imo, when it comes to sanity checking speed and pace figs, you will likely get more mileage out of the latter velocity based approach than you will using SR + TV.

But (Imo) if you can do a little programming, there's no reason not to be using both to sanity check the numbers (anyone's numbers.)

-jp

thelyingthief
02-05-2020, 04:22 PM
Many thanks for your work and effort in my behalf.

tlt.