PDA

View Full Version : World Series Advice

Dave Schwartz
10-21-2004, 05:38 PM
We are throwing our annual World Series party starting Saturday (of course), and I need some help.

We always serve "concession stand food," like hot dogs, nachos, hot roasted peanuts (in little bags), red vines, etc.

This year we want to expand a little bit and offer foods that are significant to the home team. That is, whatever specialty foods they actually offer at Fenway and St. Louis OR Houston.

So, what I need to know is "What do they serve in those places that are special?" Do they serve clam chowder at Fenway park?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Valuist
10-21-2004, 05:56 PM
"Living the high life" in St. Louis means take out from Steak and Shake.:D

OTM Al
10-21-2004, 06:27 PM
I don't recall seeing the chowdah when I visited Fenway, but I do remember the multiple fried dough stands out on the street. Not my sort of thing, but seemed pretty popular

IRISHLADSTABLE
10-21-2004, 06:31 PM
Dave,
Hope all is well. Here are a few ideas

Boston Cream Pie

New England Clam Chowder

Jimmy

BIG RED
10-21-2004, 06:39 PM
This might not sound to good, but I do this every day game I watch at a house.

I'll have 4-6 dogs grilled up with toasted rolls. Then I pour homemade Boston Baked beans on top.

Just like chilli dogs, but Boston style.

Dave Schwartz
10-21-2004, 06:54 PM
Red,

That's how we do the dogs and buns but usually we just make chili. The beans sound like a great idea.

Hmmm, I wonder if it would be sacreligious if we did a "chicago dog?" Those are my favorite!

Jimmy,

Chowder and cream pie. I would never have thought of the pie!

Thanks, guys.

Anybody from St. Louis or Houston?

Dave

BillW
10-21-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Dave Schwartz
Red,

That's how we do the dogs and buns but usually we just make chili. The beans sound like a great idea.

Hmmm, I wonder if it would be sacreligious if we did a "chicago dog?" Those are my favorite!

Jimmy,

Chowder and cream pie. I would never have thought of the pie!

Thanks, guys.

Anybody from St. Louis or Houston?

Dave

Hmmm,

Most of the "unique" food here is Cajun or Texican. (unless you want to build a bar-b-que pit and import a quarter cord of mesquite and a cow :)) A seafood Gumbo ("Gumbo" is pretty much how the Cajuns pronounce "Chowder", I think :confused: ) would fit that definition. If you want to really raise some eyebrows, a mess of boiled crawfish will liven up any party. For the squeamish, you can just tell them that they are baby lobsters :D.

To drink, the Margarita is king (or is that queen?).

Bill

Dave Schwartz
10-21-2004, 07:22 PM
BillW,

Well, that Cajun stuff will make me happy and the Margaritas will work for my wife. <G>

Thanks.

Dave

Tom
10-21-2004, 09:49 PM
There is only one REAL chowder and it is R E D

Dick Schmidt
10-22-2004, 02:36 AM
Tom,

Anyone who eats RED chowder is obviously a communist! White is right!

Dick

Disclaimer: The above are the opinions of God as recited by my telepathic goldfish. Those who oppose them with be struck by lightning. Such an event will be reflected on their electrical bill.

betchatoo
10-22-2004, 04:21 AM
Edible items first popularized at the ST Louis World's Fair include the ice-cream cone, sliced bread, candy floss, peanut butter (a 'health food'), Dr Pepper (a 'health drink') and the hot dog.

ceejay
10-22-2004, 09:36 AM
For St Louis you have to serve Budweiser.....

Dave Schwartz
10-22-2004, 10:21 AM
Budweiser? Who's he?

Well, it doesn't matter. We serve just about anybody.

schweitz
10-22-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by ceejay
For St Louis you have to serve Budweiser.....

and White Castle

BIG RED
10-22-2004, 02:07 PM
What is candy floss?

(I can only think of a g-string)

betchatoo
10-22-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by BIG RED
What is candy floss?

(I can only think of a g-string)

Better known now as Cotton Candy (come to think of it, that sounds like someone who might be wearing a G-string)