PDA

View Full Version : CompuTrak still active

thoroughbred
01-12-2020, 03:59 PM
FYI ( To those who may have been wondered.)
Even though I am now 92 years old, the CompuTrak Handicapping Program and I are still very much active. Been so since 1991.
My son, Robert, now handles a good deal of the day to day activity.

Best Regards,
Rube

kingfin66
01-12-2020, 04:16 PM
I am glad to hear that you are doing well. I know that there are a core (corps?) of handicappers who are devoted to CompuTrak.

Best wishes to you as well!

keenang
08-17-2020, 01:30 PM
I have trying to contact them to no avail.What number or what address do you use to contac them?

Thanks Gene

acorn54
08-18-2020, 11:00 PM
http://www.revelationprofits.com/

here ya go. enjoy

Stevecsd2
08-19-2020, 05:45 PM
I have found Computrak very helpful in my handicapping endeavors. In addition to using the time comparisons you need to learn how to us the EXTENSIVE data sheets.

Speed Figure
08-19-2020, 05:55 PM
Even though I am now 92 years old, the CompuTrak Handicapping Program and I are still very much active. Been so since 1991.

Best Regards,
Rube
Why is all the documentation on the website from 2005?

mikesal57
08-20-2020, 08:05 PM
Why is all the documentation on the website from 2005?

Maybe nothings change for 15 years...:eek:
Yes...that name , Ruben Boxer, its all coming back to me...

Partsnut
08-20-2020, 10:08 PM
Maybe nothings change for 15 years...:eek:
Yes...that name , Ruben Boxer, its all coming back to me...

Mike, The Computrak software is a decent software that has not been upgraded since I bought it way back when. As I recall there was one fellow that used it exclusively in contest play and did very well with it.
His name was Lance and he got married and moved to Alaska. It's been quite a while since I last heard from him.

Ruben Boxer is a fine and very bright gentleman. I believe his background was engineering. He put together a piece of software that was very analytical. I rarely use it these days only because I have other tools (software) that I find work better for me. However, it never hurts to have all the good and affordable software in your toolbox. You will find that when and if you decide to buy it, there are no follow ups, videos or upgraded materials you will need to buy. In other words, it's a one time sale at a very affordable price.

Vinnie
08-20-2020, 10:39 PM
Excellent Post Parts:

I hope that you are doing well? I would like to think that your friend Lance is still doing very well with the Computrak program. A friend of mine Lindsay Hurst is also an excellent tournament player utilizing Computrak as a primary component in his handicapping. Some of the best scores I have ever had as a player were made using Computrak. Ruben Boxer is brilliant and the engineering principles (mathematics) that are behind the synergy of his Computrak Program can be downright ridiculous at times. Like any other software products you may choose to use you have to pick your spots and know your strengths well enough that you have the knowledge on when to pounce. :)

Partsnut
08-20-2020, 10:56 PM
Excellent Post Parts:

I hope that you are doing well? I would like to think that your friend Lance is still doing very well with the Computrak program. A friend of mine Lindsay Hurst is also an excellent tournament player utilizing Computrak as a primary component in his handicapping. Some of the best scores I have ever had as a player were made using Computrak. Ruben Boxer is brilliant and the engineering principles (mathematics) that are behind the synergy of his Computrak Program can be downright ridiculous at times. Like any other software products you may choose to use you have to pick your spots and know your strengths well enough that you have the knowledge on when to pounce. :)

Thanks Vinnie,

Actually, Lindsey Hurst is the fellow I meant. I guess I had a senior moment.:kiss: I knew his name began with an "L" but just couldn't remember it.
Is he still active?

I agree with you 100%. You have to pick your spots.

Vinnie
08-20-2020, 11:12 PM
No problem Parts:

It is good to see you posting... :) I haven't spoken to Lindsey in some time, so I am not quite sure of whether or not he still actively competes. I can honestly say that in using Computrak I have had over time had many a horse that through "conventional handicapping wisdom" I may have never given a second look.

Great to hear from you Parts. Take good care and God Bless.

keenang
08-22-2020, 10:15 AM
Vinnie

I can not get the Computrax program to load on my new comp with W10 (which I dislike). Does it just not work or load on W10. I have tried everything even my original disc.

Thanks Gene

HPFridays
08-22-2020, 01:36 PM
Vinnie

I can not get the Computrax program to load on my new comp with W10 (which I dislike). Does it just not work or load on W10. I have tried everything even my original disc.

Thanks Gene

Thanks for posting, I have the same question.

Vinnie
08-22-2020, 01:50 PM

Best Regards,
Rube

Hello Folks! I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with Wind. 10 and running Computrak. If you reach Ruben or his son Robert at support@revelationprofits.com I am sure that either one will reach out to you promptly in return to get any issue that you may be having rectified in a hurry. I am currently running my copy on Wind. 10 with no issues of any kind.

Good Luck!!

mikesal57
08-22-2020, 01:51 PM
Thanks for posting, I have the same question.

the only suggestions I can give you guys is to open a virtual drive on your machine...

Virtual Box is easy to learn from YouTube videos...
the only thing is your going to need a ISO File of say Windows 7 if that is the way your going...

Speed Figure
08-22-2020, 01:58 PM
The problem may be Windows 10 64 bit!

Partsnut
08-22-2020, 03:15 PM
keenang computrak W10
Vinnie

Thanks Gene---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Possibly you may try to want to try (right click on the mouse) "Run as administrator" when installing and /or running the software.
I have it running on my Windows 10 computer without a problem.
My system is 64 bytes.

Partsnut
08-22-2020, 04:10 PM
keenang computrak W10
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Possibly you may try to want to try (right click on the mouse) "Run as administrator" when installing and /or running the software.
I have it running on my Windows 10 computer without a problem.
My system is 64 bytes.

My apologies are in order.
Being as I haven't used this software in quite a while and which I do have installed on my windows 10 computer, I tried to run an old data file and found that it would not work with a BRIS standard data file on this system. I received an error message.
I will now have to run it on my old Windows XP computer.

I believe, and as the software states, you can run it on a Windows XP or Windows 7 operating system.

porchy44
08-22-2020, 07:32 PM
try right clicking program
click on "compatibility"
Check box "run this program in compatibility mode for: windows xp service Pack 2

LRH4
11-19-2022, 03:57 PM
Hi all....

I was a successful Computrak user many years ago and then life got in the way.

Hope I can find another copy of the software as my old laptop is no longer running and I'm ready for a come back :-)

Hope all my friends here are doing well

Regards,
Lindsay Hurst

LRH4
11-19-2022, 03:59 PM
Hi there....hope all is well

Hoping to make a comeback but need to find a copy of Computrak

Lindsay

Vinnie
11-20-2022, 11:53 AM
Hello Lindsay:

Sent you a PM. Hope that all is well with you and your family.

MrHarryNguyen
11-29-2022, 07:22 AM
Hello Lindsay:

Sent you a PM. Hope that all is well with you and your family.

Hey Vinnie, I also want to the program as well! Does it use brisnet files? Thanks!

Strike The Gold
11-29-2022, 03:49 PM
Hey Vinnie, I also want to the program as well! Does it use brisnet files? Thanks!

I don't have the software but recall it uses Brisnet files. I had actually emailed Rube Boxer back in 2020 inquiring about the software but for whatever reason I never pulled the trigger. I see website is no longer up but I took a chance and sent an email to Rube and his son last week but, no reply. Years back I used HTR and I liked it but couldn't justify the monthly outlay for data (I'm a small bettor and only play on weekends). I regret not giving CompuTrak a try and Rube seemed like a real gentleman.

MrHarryNguyen
11-29-2022, 05:09 PM
I don't have the software but recall it uses Brisnet files. I had actually emailed Rube Boxer back in 2020 inquiring about the software but for whatever reason I never pulled the trigger. I see website is no longer up but I took a chance and sent an email to Rube and his son last week but, no reply. Years back I used HTR and I liked it but couldn't justify the monthly outlay for data (I'm a small bettor and only play on weekends). I regret not giving CompuTrak a try and Rube seemed like a real gentleman.

It seems like every software either stopped working, doesn't exist anymore or they're web-based. I think Equisim was by far the best if it was still up. But for now, I have no more faith in these softwares anymore. I guess I'll go back to the time when it was paper and pen.

Partsnut
02-08-2023, 05:19 PM
Hi all....

I was a successful Computrak user many years ago and then life got in the way.

Hope I can find another copy of the software as my old laptop is no longer running and I'm ready for a come back :-)

Hope all my friends here are doing well

Regards,
Lindsay Hurst

Hi Lindsay,

I recently sent you an email but haven't heard from you.
Hope all is well with you.

If you see this post, please respond.
Hopefully, you will re-instate your Web Page.
There is lot's of interest in what you have done and what you will be doing.:headbanger:

dogkatcher
02-08-2023, 10:27 PM
Bris had a Free Software download link for Compu Trac 2006:

http://www.brisnet.com/library/software/computrak-setup.exe

I'm using Windows 11, maybe an older Windows version will enable the program. Good Luck if you try.

Partsnut
02-09-2023, 09:34 AM
Hi Dogkatcher,

Thanks for the heads up.
It's been a long time since we last conversed.
It's nice to hear from you.

I am actually a registered subscriber of Computrak.
The version I have works with the current operating systems.
I never really used this software very much or put in any time learning what this software was capable of. Now, after many years I recently picked it up again and after lot's of studying, testing and practicing I have concluded that this software in fact, was better then anything I had come across.

Rubin Boxers work was probably, in my humble opinion, is one of or is the best and quickest methods that exists. It is in fact a work of genius. I decided that this application would be my sole handicapping device.

Rubin used his mathematical and engineering skills to produce a product that indeed makes winning at the races a reality.
Unfortunately and to my best knowledge, this software is no longer available. The original site no longer exists.

In an effort to constantly improve my skills with this software, I decided to reach out to some of the successful users of CompuTrak.
I was also hopeful that LRH4 ( Lindsay Hurst) would re-instate his old web page and users group.

mabred
02-12-2023, 02:58 PM
hope he starts the group up again!!!

thanks

Partsnut
02-12-2023, 07:50 PM
hope he starts the group up again!!!

thanks

I've sent LRH4 an email but evidently and for whatever the reason might be, he has chosen not to respond.
Hopefully, we will here from him in the near future.

I believe a CompuTrak users group would be a winning proposition for those users that are seeking a complete understanding of it's correct usage. I believe they will soon learn what the true winning capabilities of this software are and can be going forward.

I have sent you a PM.