PDA

View Full Version : This says it all. Pat Robertson on the President

Secretariat
10-20-2004, 11:43 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/10/19/robertson.bush.iraq/index.html

Here's part of the article for JM from the CNN Interview with Paula Zahn. Unbeleivable.

NEW YORK (CNN) -- The founder of the U.S. Christian Coalition said Tuesday he told President George W. Bush before the invasion of Iraq that he should prepare Americans for the likelihood of casualties, but the president told him, "We're not going to have any casualties."

Pat Robertson, an ardent Bush supporter, said he had that conversation with the president in Nashville, Tennessee, before the March 2003 invasion U.S.-led invasion of Iraq. He described Bush in the meeting as "the most self-assured man I've ever met in my life."

"You remember Mark Twain said, 'He looks like a contented Christian with four aces.' I mean he was just sitting there like, 'I'm on top of the world,' " Robertson said on the CNN show, "Paula Zahn Now."

"And I warned him about this war. I had deep misgivings about this war, deep misgivings. And I was trying to say, 'Mr. President, you had better prepare the American people for casualties.' "

Robertson said the president then told him, "Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties."

The White House has made no reaction to Robertson's comments.

Robertson, the televangelist who sought the Republican presidential nomination in 1988, said he wishes Bush would admit to mistakes made.

kenwoodallpromos
10-20-2004, 02:02 PM
You got the quotes exactly correct.
And Bush is the guy that is whipping your guy's ass, especially when the old Demo leaders jump in.

ljb
10-20-2004, 02:42 PM
from Kenwoodall\And Bush is the guy that is whipping your guy's ass
Ken you are a perfect match for Bush. You deny reality also. :D

Secretariat
10-20-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by kenwoodallpromos
You got the quotes exactly correct.
And Bush is the guy that is whipping your guy's ass, especially when the old Demo leaders jump in.

Uh..Ken..exactly right?..."We're not going to have any casualities"...is this your perception of exactly right?

ljb
10-20-2004, 02:46 PM
sec,
Like i said, Ken has a problem with reality. Some on this board tend to get all fussy when the truth bites em in the arse. Ken just denies it! :D

CryingForTheHorses
10-20-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Secretariat
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/10/19/robertson.bush.iraq/index.html

Here's part of the article for JM from the CNN Interview with Paula Zahn. Unbeleivable.

NEW YORK (CNN) -- The founder of the U.S. Christian Coalition said Tuesday he told President George W. Bush before the invasion of Iraq that he should prepare Americans for the likelihood of casualties, but the president told him, "We're not going to have any casualties."

Pat Robertson, an ardent Bush supporter, said he had that conversation with the president in Nashville, Tennessee, before the March 2003 invasion U.S.-led invasion of Iraq. He described Bush in the meeting as "the most self-assured man I've ever met in my life."

"You remember Mark Twain said, 'He looks like a contented Christian with four aces.' I mean he was just sitting there like, 'I'm on top of the world,' " Robertson said on the CNN show, "Paula Zahn Now."

"And I warned him about this war. I had deep misgivings about this war, deep misgivings. And I was trying to say, 'Mr. President, you had better prepare the American people for casualties.' "

Robertson said the president then told him, "Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties."

The White House has made no reaction to Robertson's comments.

Robertson, the televangelist who sought the Republican presidential nomination in 1988, said he wishes Bush would admit to mistakes made.

So this guy WAS a Bush supporter, Has he gone on Kerry's side?..I know Bush isnt the fan favorite..Tell me..What is sogood about Kerry?..Do you think he is the 2nd coming of Christ?.I just dont understand why al the Bush bashing

NoDayJob
10-20-2004, 06:07 PM
:D Isn't Pat Robertson the one that GOD talks to? Maybe he (Pat) already knows who's going to win the election? How 'bout it Pat! Oh yeah, I forgot, Sam Kinison (RIP) did a take off on good ol' Pat and conversations with GOD. :D

NDJ

sq764
10-20-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by ljb
from Kenwoodall\And Bush is the guy that is whipping your guy's ass
Ken you are a perfect match for Bush. You deny reality also. :D

LJB, let me ask you seriously. If you had to bet who will win this election as of today, who do you think WILL WIN?

Not who you want to, or who you hope to, but who will?

Buckeye
10-20-2004, 08:03 PM
We're supposed to consider Pat a source?

Get real.

He lost it awhile ago.

Secretariat
10-20-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by McSchell_Racing
So this guy WAS a Bush supporter, Has he gone on Kerry's side?..I know Bush isnt the fan favorite..Tell me..What is sogood about Kerry?..Do you think he is the 2nd coming of Christ?.I just dont understand why al the Bush bashing

There's no Bush bashing here. Robertson is a friend of GW and simply was warning him that he should warn the people about the casualties associated with an invasion of Iraq. GW told his friend not to worry there would be no casualties.

No big deal. GW also told us to beware the WMD's in Iraq as well. He also told us they'd greet us as liberators in the street.

I'm not bashing Bush here. Simply reporting what he said, and what his good buddy Pat Robertson said Bush told him.

No one says Kerry is the 2nd coming. But there is a midway point between the second coming, and a man trying to do the best he can. It's GW and Pat that seem to have God's cell phone number.

ElKabong
10-20-2004, 09:21 PM
Top of the hour news on abc radio...Bush camp denies making this statement, doesn't know how Robertson could come up with it.

Maybe God threw Pat R a curveball and Pat R pulled a Tavares and broke his head against a telephone or something???

I'll listen again at the top of the hr to see if this info's correct. Afterall abc radio was the outlet that stated the British captive was being set free from Zarqauoi last coupla weeks....turned out to be false.

Tom
10-20-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by ljb
sec,
Like i said, Ken has a problem with reality. Some on this board tend to get all fussy when the truth bites em in the arse. Ken just denies it! :D
You got your posters mixed up again. I think you meant to say SEC has problems with rality and goes into denial and persoinal attacks on third parties to avoid having to admitt the truth. You did a nice job tutoring hem, L......his mind is mush....DNC mush.:D

Steve 'StatMan'
10-20-2004, 11:43 PM
I don't know if 'there won't be any causalties' was meant to be figuratively, like in tens of thousands, vs. a literal interpretation (none whatsoever). Plenty of squables in Christianity between literal and figurative interpretations, and Robertson strikes me a serious literalist. I can see where a serious guy like Pat Robertson would misunderstand the meaning behind the words being said. Bush probably was trying to say something calming in 'Texas-ese' to him privately, perhaps causually, and Robetson once again has taken things literally, and not the way they were meant.

Frankly, I'm still amazed its only roughly 1000, although still tragic, I'm saddened and pissed at the insurgents over each one, but its still a far cry from the massive horrible defeat that Sadam promised us our troops were in for, trying to scare us into thinking he'd use WMD's on our troops despite appearently not having them.

Absolutely no one would have expected zero casualties in an invasions like this, including President Bush, who never in his public comments said this would be easy.

Frankly, I think, once again, Pat Robertson is messed up. Remember him and Jerry Falwell talking and agreeing on air that the U.S. deserved the attacks of 9/11 because of our sinful ways? I'm really glad Pat Robertson didn't get a presidential nomination when he ran a number of years ago now.

If Bush made the comments, his only error was in talking casually to Pat Robertson. Maybe no President or political leader should talk to Robertson directly if he's going to misinterpret and talk publicly about what he thinks he heard. Maybe instead they should consult their advisors to carefully preparing comments with carefully chosen words like they do for all public addresses. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Equineer
10-20-2004, 11:43 PM
Secretariat,

Deny and attack the messenger is what we can expect... the administration will now villify Pat Robertson... or worse.

Remembering what happened to Ambassador Wilson and his wife Valerie, I think we should pray for Robertson's safety.

Steve 'StatMan'
10-20-2004, 11:46 PM
Pray for Pat Robertson's Mind.

schweitz
10-20-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Equineer
Secretariat,

Deny and attack the messenger is what we can expect... the administration will now villify Pat Robertson... or worse.

Remembering what happened to Ambassador Wilson and his wife Valerie, I think we should pray for Robertson's safety.

You are not dense enough to think that Bush would say or believe this---especially considering he publicly stated that it was not going to be easy.

My how desperate the left is getting as we get closer to the election.

Nice try at spinning it though. :D

Secretariat
10-21-2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Steve'StatMan'BTW
Pray for Pat Robertson's Mind.

Why? Because he told Bush that he should warn the American people that there might be casualities in going into Iraq, and Bush said "Don't worry! Be happy!?"

ljb
10-21-2004, 07:24 AM
From sq764
LJB, let me ask you seriously. If you had to bet who will win this election as of today, who do you think WILL WIN?

Don't recall the exact date but someone on this board offered me 2 to 1 odds against Kerry a while back. A link to msnbc has the bookies putting Bush at 58 Kerry at 42.
Just looked at electoralvote.com they have Kerry in front.

I think Kerry is going to win.

Now then having said that, I am assuming the vote is honest. There has been some talk of Repubs disenfranchising voters in fl and oh. So this one may go to the courts again. If this happens it is a sad day for America and may result in Bush getting appointed again.

PaceAdvantage
10-21-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Equineer
Secretariat,

What are you trying to say? Are they gonna pull a "Vince Foster" on them?

PaceAdvantage
10-21-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by ljb
Now then having said that, I am assuming the vote is honest. There has been some talk of Repubs disenfranchising voters in fl and oh. So this one may go to the courts again. If this happens it is a sad day for America and may result in Bush getting appointed again.

Actually, what we KNOW as FACT, is that the DNC has instructed their minions to FABRICATE tales of "disenfranchisement" WHERE NONE EXIST!!!

That we know. And THAT is the SCARIEST part, coming from such a clean and honest party as the DEMOCRATS.

Imagine if a manual used by the Republicans was found instructing their people to commit fraud? Why, that would be the subject of at least 10 threads by Sec and boys. But where this matter is concerned, they're quiet as a church mouse.

I see you guys are following the DNC orders of lying about voter disenfranchisement already, right here on this board. You are good little soldiers, aren't you? Planting the seed already....do you get an additional gold star?

The only talk of Republican's disenfranchising voters in FL and OH has been the LIES of the DNC as INSTRUCTED in their PLAYBOOK.

You guys are a disgrace.

ljb
10-21-2004, 08:31 PM
PA,
That's a good boy. Smear and attack the messenger. Nice job buddy, you want a $300 tax cut ? :D

PaceAdvantage
10-21-2004, 08:45 PM
You can't smear or attack with the truth. The truth is the truth. It is as pure as the driven snow.

And as we all know, the truth IS out there.