PDA

View Full Version : Old movie re: terroisim

ljb
10-20-2004, 09:18 AM
Time Magazine this week has a short story about the 1965 movie "The Battle of Algiers".
This movie deals with Agerian rebels bloody victorious war against French colonial authorities.
This has some interesting points in it.
One. The French have captured and killed all known terrorists, but in the process they bred another batch.
Two. French colonel Mathieu, crosses out the names of terroists thinking that he is winning.
Mind you this is a 1965 movie.
The movie is being released on dvd by Criterion.
Those wishing to learn more about terroisim may want to check this one out.
disclaimer I do not hold a position in Criterion.

Secretariat
10-20-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by ljb
Time Magazine this week has a short story about the 1965 movie "The Battle of Algiers".
This movie deals with Agerian rebels bloody victorious war against French colonial authorities.
This has some interesting points in it.
One. The French have captured and killed all known terrorists, but in the process they bred another batch.
Two. French colonel Mathieu, crosses out the names of terroists thinking that he is winning.
Mind you this is a 1965 movie.
The movie is being released on dvd by Criterion.
Those wishing to learn more about terroisim may want to check this one out.
disclaimer I do not hold a position in Criterion.

Great movie. Another good one is Lawrence of Arabia in which Lawrence shows Iraqis how to use terrorism to defeat the Turks.

kenwoodallpromos
10-20-2004, 01:59 PM
"victorious war against French."

Secretariat
10-20-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by kenwoodallpromos

Except when we need their flu vaccine.

Tom
10-20-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by kenwoodallpromos

That could be any number of bowling teams after a couple.:D

ElKabong
10-21-2004, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Tom
That could be any number of bowling teams after a couple.:D

Rotflmao !!

One oldie but goody was SABOTEUR. Made in 1942 or 43 with Bob Cummings (of 'Love that Bob'). After seeing ole Bob the Wolf on the tv show, it was hard to picture him as an aircraft assy line worker in California. :cool:

entertaining movie for its time, tho.

ljb
10-21-2004, 07:28 AM
Tom,
Again you are missing the message. Did you watch a lot of faux tv today?;)

Tom
10-21-2004, 10:05 PM
For your info, I do not watch FOX. I watch CNN ( Lou Dobbs and Wolf Blitzer at noon.
I don't listen to Rush very often, I don't listen to anything on the radio regulary other than music.
And I cannot not miss a point that doesn't exist. Your posts are all pointless...only virtual grafffitti.