PDA

View Full Version : Lean & Mean Exacta Wagering

karlskorner
10-19-2004, 10:33 AM
Gordon Pine's thoughts for those who have to play the Exacta

www.netcapper.com/TrackTractsArchive/TT030117.htm

OTM Al
10-19-2004, 02:32 PM
It is certainly one way to use the exacta. I've actually been considering changing my exacta plays from 3 horse boxes, with which I've had moderate success a a little more agressive use of the exacta as a place bet with top contenders over the overlay coupled with a win bet on the overlay. I find that I've been doing well picking winners, but my tri betting has been abysmal and I think I should get away from the types of tris and exacts I've been playing.

DJofSD
10-19-2004, 06:27 PM
I like the exacta as a place bet. If I'm trying to beat the favorite, instead of playing my selection in both the win and place pool, I bet a straight exacta: the favorite over my pick.

DJofSD

IRISHLADSTABLE
10-19-2004, 06:39 PM
Using your top 3 selections only from each race.

Take your top selection (A) your 2nd selection (B) and your 3rd
choice (C)

A over B,C. and a Ex Box B-C

Jimmy

keilan
10-19-2004, 07:37 PM
If your top selection were "A" why on earth would you not be putting him under the B & C horses as your 2nd wager? Boxing your 2nd and 3rd choice horses makes no sense to me. If you are making money or even breaking even wagering like that, then you clearly need to re-examine your selection process. You are making 3 wagers and using your "A" horse in only one of them. Doesn't seem like good advice but...............