PDA

View Full Version : Winticket will have Breeders Cup

JustRalph
10-19-2004, 02:10 AM
I received an email today from Winticket.com. They advised me that they have reached an agreement with Magna to allow wagering on the Breeders Cup. One Day only at Lonestar.

As of a few days ago.......this agreement was in doubt. I believe the agreement may include "Brisnet" also....but you may want to check.......there was some discussion in the war room the other day about this issue.....I thought I would post a note concerning the agreement. FYI

BillW
10-19-2004, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by JustRalph
I received an email today from Winticket.com. They advised me that they have reached an agreement with Magna to allow wagering on the Breeders Cup. One Day only at Lonestar.

As of a few days ago.......this agreement was in doubt. I believe the agreement may include "Brisnet" also....but you may want to check.......there was some discussion in the war room the other day about this issue.....I thought I would post a note concerning the agreement. FYI

Interesting, and good news!

BTW, I was under the impression that the BC lleased the facility and controlled the show, as opposed to the host track (sort of like OakTree meet). Does anyone have any insight into this?

Bill

schweitz
10-19-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by BillW
Interesting, and good news!

BTW, I was under the impression that the BC lleased the facility and controlled the show, as opposed to the host track (sort of like OakTree meet). Does anyone have any insight into this?

Bill

Bill, you are correct and that is why Winticket/Brisbet will offer wagering(including day before wagering)---they announced this some time ago.

schweitz
10-19-2004, 11:08 PM
By "day before wagering" I mean early wagering on the BC on Friday, Nov 1st.

schweitz
10-19-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by schweitz
By "day before wagering" I mean early wagering on the BC on Friday, Nov 1st.

Must have the election locked in my brain---of course I mean Friday, Oct. 29th.

BillW
10-19-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by schweitz
Bill, you are correct and that is why Winticket/Brisbet will offer wagering(including day before wagering)---they announced this some time ago.

In the last e-mail bulletin from Brisbet (arrived in the last week) the opposite was announced. I haven't seen anything to the contrary as yet. I should be clear, it was for Tx residents only (but Brisbet does not restrict me from wagering HOU and RET)

Due to contractual restrictions, BrisBET.com will be unable to
accept wagers from Texas residents, online or by telephone, on the
Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships at Lone Star
Park on October 30, 2004. Texas residents may access all other
features related to the Breeders' Cup program on BrisBET.com,
except wagering.

All other BrisBET.com members in states where wagering is permitted
may wager on the Breeders' Cup program at Lone Star Park.

In addition, due to NBC exclusivity rights, no Internet sites, including
BrisBET.com, may stream video of the Breeders' Cup Championship
races on the Internet. Be sure to tune in to your local NBC affiliate for
live television coverage of the Breeders' Cup races from Lone Star
Park on October 30. Check your local listings for broadcast times.

There will be four non-Breeders' Cup races on the Lone Star
program, tentatively carded as races 1, 10, 11 and 12. Live
streaming video for these races will be available on
BrisBET.com.

I think this is final word. I should have been clear about the "Tx. residences only" clause. Sorry about confusing the issue.

Bill

JustRalph
10-20-2004, 12:21 AM
This is my communication with them. See below:

Yes Sir, You will be able to wager on the Breeder's Cup at Lonestar Park. But only for that day.

Thank You
Mickalene
C.S. Agent

> Is it true that Winticket will not allow me to bet on the Breeders cup this year?

> Ralph

schweitz
10-20-2004, 12:25 AM
Now I am confused--I must have missed that e-mail---I don't understand because I was sure that Breeder's Cup was in charge of everything. I'm going to the BC but was planning on wagering ahead of time to miss the long lines---now I guess I'll have to drive out to Lone Star the day before to place my wagers---what a pain.

BillW
10-20-2004, 12:37 AM
Ralph,

Yes you are OK ... It was my error, the restriction was for Tx. residents only.

schweitz,

They keep their e-mail newsletters on line. Check the e-news link right under the login area on Brisbet's front page. That will take you to their archive. It's in the last newsletter.

Again sorry about the confusion, I musta been pre-caffine buzz at the time. :rolleyes:

Bill