PDA

View Full Version : Teams down 3-0 question

BetHorses!
10-18-2004, 11:49 PM
They showed a stat the other night how only two teams in pro sports came back to win a best of 7 series after trailing 3-0, both times in NHL. Does anyone know how many times teams behind 3-0 actually forced a game 7?

Just curious

Zaf
10-18-2004, 11:54 PM
Islanders came back against Pittsburgh down 3-0. I think the Islanders actually accomplished this feat twice. Am I correct ?

ZAFONIC

BillW
10-18-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by zafonic
Islanders came back against Pittsburgh down 3-0. I think the Islanders actually accomplished this feat twice. Am I correct ?

ZAFONIC

I've blocked it out, but probably :( .

Zaf
10-19-2004, 12:09 AM
OOPS , Sorry Bill, I forgot where you came from.

Found This:

April 26, 1975 - The Islanders come back from a three games to none deficit to defeat the Pittsburgh Penguins 4-3 in the second round of the playoffs. Westfall scores with just over five minutes left in regulation and Resch makes 30 saves in the Isles' 1-0 victory, which makes them the second team in NHL history (Toronto, 1942) to make such a comeback.

ZAFONIC

Zaf
10-19-2004, 12:11 AM
May 12, 1975 - In the semifinals, the Islanders fall behind three games to none, this time to the Philadelphia Flyers, but rally once again to force another Game Seven with a 2-1 win at home. Gerry Hart's third period goal snapped a 1-1 tie to clinch the victory.

May 14, 1975 - Westfall presents Philadelphia icon Kate Smith with a bouquet of roses before her performance of "God Bless America," but the Flyers go on to win Game Seven, 4-1, to eliminate the Islanders in the Stanley Cup Semifinals. Al Arbour salutes his team's maturity by saying, "If I called a practice next week, every one of them would show up."

ZAFONIC