PDA

View Full Version : A move away from parity?

Valuist
10-18-2004, 10:46 AM
Right now, it looks like the Super Bowl winner will be one of 3 teams: New England, Philly or Indianapolis. Seattle has proven they aren't up to the Grade 1 level. Around this time in recent years, I would've said any one of 8 to 10 teams had a legit shot. Not so this season. As for the second tier, I would say Denver is the 4th best team. Maybe Minnesota 5th but that defense just doesn't look good enough. The Jets are solid, but they will be tested for class this weekend. I'm not as sold on the Giants, who have had some fortunate scheduling. They're clearly vastly improved but could be exposed soon.

andicap
10-18-2004, 11:58 AM
Steelers might be 5th best --- but I agree with your overall premise.

Still it's early yet. Teams get injuries. Others improve as the year goes on.

Parity can also mean a lot of mediocrity -- which I think you will find there is. By the end of the season, we'll see how many 7-9 8=8 ad 9=7 teams there are.

And of course strength of schedule plays a huge part in a team's record. Look who the Jets have beaten up on lately (and I use that word in all irony)...49ers, Dolphins and Bills....what have they won, two games at the most between them???

I'm a Giants fan, but I'm not quite sold on them either. Until they beat a bona fide team -- Eagles, Vikings, Falcons in NFC -- I won't be convinced, tho they can still make the playoffs by beating teams like Detroit this weekend.

sq764
10-18-2004, 12:27 PM
As of today, it looks like New England and Philly are on a collission course..

A lot can happen between now and then though.. For now, I think they are clearly the 2 best teams in the NFL..

NoDayJob
10-18-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Valuist Right now, it looks like the Super Bowl winner will be one of 3 teams: New England, Philly or Indianapolis.

:D SURELY YOU JEST...THE JOKELAND FADERS WILL COME THROUGH AGAIN! PROBABLY BE PLAYING AGAINIST THE FRISKY FARTYNINERS OR THE ST. LOUIS CLAMS. HEH, HEH! :D