PDA

View Full Version : Hor$ense

betchatoo
10-15-2004, 04:49 PM
Got a brochure for this program (Hor$ense) today. Wondered if anyone had ever tried it

kitts
10-16-2004, 03:41 PM
I tried it a while back-it was not for me.

keenang
10-21-2004, 07:12 PM
I CAN SAY THAT THIS IS ONE OF THE BETTER PROGRAMS I HAVE TRIED, AND LIKE LEFTY I HAVE TRIED A BUNCH
GENE

betchatoo
10-22-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by keenang
I CAN SAY THAT THIS IS ONE OF THE BETTER PROGRAMS I HAVE TRIED, AND LIKE LEFTY I HAVE TRIED A BUNCH
GENE ..

Can I ask, what did you like about it?

keenang
10-22-2004, 07:57 PM
I LIKE THIER ODDS AS COMPARED TO THE MORNING LINE.
I ALSO LIKE THAT THEY HAVE CONTENDERS SEPARATED FROM NON CONTENDERS.
GENE

socantra
11-01-2004, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by betchatoo
Got a brochure for this program (Hor$ense) today. Wondered if anyone had ever tried it

I used an earlier DOS version for a while and found it a bit 'chalky' for my tastes, but he does some very interesting things in defining the degree of playability for a particular race.

He's got several articles posted on his website which should give you a fair idea of his approach to handicapping.

socantra...

acorn54
11-01-2004, 06:49 AM
low priced winners are fine with me if the bottom line shows a profit
there is a money back policy if you cant show a profit after 50 races
acorn (guy)

socantra
11-01-2004, 09:55 AM
I didn't intend my post to be critical. Joe Mainardi has done a lot of work on the program, and it has many more features now than it did when I tried it. He has some very interesting ideas and I think a lot of people might find the program very useful.

As you say, he does offer a moneyback. I just didn't find that it fit my handicapping style, and I think we all have to use a tool that fits. Unfortunately, that search can be long and expensive.

socantra...

acorn54
11-01-2004, 10:04 AM
hi socantra

i purchased the horsesense software on ebay for $100 on thursday night so should be getting it in a few days.
i like the unique aspects it has of analyzing a race for playability
and the fact that it produces an odds line.
did you find the odds line accurate?
seems alot of software out there is just variations on the same theme of generating numbers based on a pace line
horsesense seems to be different.
acorn (guy)

socantra
11-01-2004, 11:05 AM
It's been a couple of years since I fooled with Hor$ense. There are many features included now that weren't there then, and I don't remember how far I actually got into personalizing the ones that were there.

Out of the box I didn't really find the line to be much more accurate than many of the other computer generated lines out there, but I'm a Sartin guy; what do I know about odds lines.

At the price range you are talking about it sounds like a quite reasonable deal, and it puts you in line for a good price on his major upgrade coming next year if you decide you like it. If not, there is the moneyback. Hard to go too far wrong.

I do feel the program shows promise. and moves in some directions not seen in most of the standard run of the mill software out there. I think it could be a quite useful tool if it fits you well enough that you can make it a part of you, and that's all you can ask of any software.

good luck,
socantra...