PDA

View Full Version : Nifty program

Tom
10-14-2004, 11:40 PM
www.fineprint.com

PDF Facotry, allows you to EASILY creat PDF files using printer output from other apps programs. I made on today using twoo Word docs, and Excel sheet, an Email, and output from a specialized program to make one file with a complete hisory of a project I was working on. Handy.
The program gives you a new printer option - directs you print output to a PDF file, and as long you leave it open, you can keep sending new output that will just add on more pages. Then save it and presto! one file from many. A very useful thing for racing would be saving DRF charts - right now you have to save one for each race (Why, DRF, why?)
With this program, you can put a whole day's into one file, much easier handling.
Could be handy for those who take multiple read outs to the track with them - make one file for each track and do a lot less searching for stuff under pressure.

andicap
10-15-2004, 10:48 AM
Tom,
In HTR now, I can just print all my readouts to file...and print out my stuff from there. How would this make my life more easier in that respect?

Tom
10-16-2004, 10:39 AM
Print out ALL you data into one file would be it for HTR.
I am going to use if on DRF charts, and for comp;iling PA interesting posts in to one main file.
If you use DRF, you could make a file with the PPs, your HTR screens, etc.
I have a zillion uses for it at work tht will save time there which leaves more free time to devote to horses:D

Tom
10-16-2004, 05:58 PM
Andy,
Thinking more, this might be helpful for you in your work. I assume you do a lot writting on your computer?
This prgram would allow you to make one file with docuements, spreadsheets, phots, etc, copy and pastes from website for notes, etc, all arranged and handy.