PDA

View Full Version : This is a hell of a note huh?

JustMissed
10-14-2004, 05:36 PM
Snatched this from drudgreport.com:

"XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX THU OCT 14, 2004 10:58:04 ET XXXXX

DNC ELECTION MANUAL: CHARGE VOTER INTIMIDATION, EVEN IF NONE EXISTS

**World Exclusive**

The Kerry/Edwards campaign and the Democratic National Committee are advising election operatives to declare voter intimidation -- even if none exists, the DRUDGE REPORT can reveal.

A 66-page mobilization plan to be issued by the Kerry/Edwards campaign and the Democratic National Committee states: "If no signs of intimidation techniques have emerged yet, launch a 'pre-emptive strike.'"

[HIGHLIGHT OF ELECTION DAY MANUAL, NOVEMBER 2004. CLICK FOR IMAGE .JPG FILE]

The provocative Dem battle plan is to be distributed in dozens of states, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

One top DNC official confirmed the manual's authenticity, but claimed the notion of crying wolf on any voter intimidation is "absurd."

"We all know the Republicans are going to try to steal the election by scaring people and confusing people," the top DNC source explained.

Developing... "

Kinda makes you wonder what to expect November 2nd.

JM

PaceAdvantage
10-14-2004, 05:40 PM
This whole country is so screwed up politically, that it may be beyond hope. The media bears much of the burden.

It's disgusting what both sides will do to get elected. Makes you wonder why. It can't be the great pay and wonderful stress free hours.

Why do both these parties want it so badly? Must be other perks involved. Oh, but wait a minute, the Democrats are as pure as the driven snow, so scratch what I just said.....

Never mind.

Equineer
10-14-2004, 07:29 PM
PA,Why do both these parties want it so badly? Must be other perks involved.You got that right... it's all really a tug of war between the Bush/Cheney Middle East gravy train and Kerry/Edwards, who want to board the Pacific Rim gravy train that Clinton/Gore rode. :)

I've tried highly touted Persian cuisine in NY and DC... doesn't even compare to a tourist trap like the Empress Of China in SF.

Since we are being sold out both ways... maybe our taste buds should determine this election. Kerry has promised to upgrade the Chinese food that middle income Americans eat at Mall Food Courts.

Secretariat
10-14-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
This whole country is so screwed up politically, that it may be beyond hope. The media bears much of the burden.

It's disgusting what both sides will do to get elected. Makes you wonder why. It can't be the great pay and wonderful stress free hours.

Why do both these parties want it so badly? Must be other perks involved. Oh, but wait a minute, the Democrats are as pure as the driven snow, so scratch what I just said.....

Never mind.

PA,

Even though I am voting for Kerry, I do agree with you one point. Major reform is needed. We are now living in a corpocracy. We have lost a lot of our country.

I recommend the following changes whoever wins the election.

1. Get rid of the electoral college. Now there's only a couple of states in play. This is ridiculous if you live in Texas or California. Politicins gear up for thee battleground states ad the <Cheney> with the rest.,

2. The media has a vested interest in keeping the race close for politcal advertising dollars. The founding father did not have to address this. Congress must deal with it. Personally, I beleive in a constitutional amendment to ban political advertising on the airways, and fund public debates.

3. I agree with the Green Party candidate's suggestion in that many parties can run, AND you list priority of choices, and you adjust until a majority leader is selected.

Right now, multiple voices are not heard, only those with enough money and part of the party machines, and the media and lobbyists controlling the message and the candidates. I'm sick of it too.

Equineer
10-14-2004, 07:57 PM
Secretariat,

You are right about the media. They resurrected Kerry's campaign when it seemed like the polls might gap too far in Bush's favor. People who let the media interpret the campaign and its issues for them need protection from the media. This election seems headed just where the media bucks want it to go... a dead-heat photo, then blink the totes for two months afterwards.

ljb
10-14-2004, 07:58 PM
From PA,
It's disgusting what both sides will do to get elected.
I agree with you totally.
I also agree with Secretariat. A drastic change in our political process is needed.

JustRalph
10-14-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Secretariat
1. Get rid of the electoral college. Now there's only a couple of states in play. This is ridiculous if you live in Texas or California. Politicins gear up for thee battleground states ad the <Cheney> with the rest.
yeah right....... and give the government away to California and New York...............no way!

Tom
10-14-2004, 08:13 PM
Catch 22...the only people who can change the system are the ones we want to change it to get out of office.
An honest man CANNOT getl elected presidnet. Being bought and paid for by lobbyists is a pre-requisite.
This is why I will never vote for anyone from either major party ever again. Right now, I am looking closely at the Green Party and the Libertarians. The Constitutinal party is a distant third, but I am giveing a fair evaluation. I know none of them can win, but the point is to give credibility to thord parties aso that eventually, in 20 years or so, maybe we will actually get to the point where we have a choice for a real leader, not a Wal Mart special.
I see no danger in voting for crazies that have some redeeming ideas in order to attack the system. the candidates are no longer the focus...no matter who we vote in, we will get screwed by a liar and sold out.
Our system is shot and it cannot be fixed in the near future. It will take another 9-11, on a grander scale, befroe the morons who run thing understand that we are in WWIII and are not doing anywehre near enough to win it. Bush has done a lot, but he fall woefully short. The biggest problem we have is that so many people who have the right to vote have the brains of donkeys.
The reality is that there are more ignorant, downright stupid people in this country than intelligent ones. And they are dragging us down.
I blame this on the democrate party for their agenda of dumbing down Amercia and teaching our childred what to think instead of how to think, and the so-called black leadership who are in effect keeping thier own people in slavery for their own politcal and economic gains by perpetuating the victim philosophy instead of truly helping peopl eget ahead and become independent - which would remove the need for THEM.

schweitz
10-14-2004, 09:39 PM
You guys crack me up--everything is screwed up---need to make changes, even Consttutional changes---you know what we need to do? We need to use the system that other country uses---what was that country with the better system? I can't seem to remember. :D :rolleyes: :D

PaceAdvantage
10-14-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by schweitz
You guys crack me up--everything is screwed up---need to make changes, even Consttutional changes---you know what we need to do? We need to use the system that other country uses---what was that country with the better system? I can't seem to remember. :D :rolleyes: :D

For the record, I advocated NO changes. Just voiced an opinion and blamed the media for the most part...

I think the electoral college is a good thing, and should remain in place. It's done the job well over the years.

I think the system set in place by the Founding Fathers is fantastic, and has held up through the years remarkably well. However, a dose of common sense, honesty, integrity and decency will go a LONG way to getting us back on track.

schweitz
10-14-2004, 10:21 PM
For the record, I advocated NO changes. Just voiced an opinion and blamed the media for the most part...

I think the electoral college is a good thing, and should remain in place. It's done the job well over the years.

I think the system set in place by the Founding Fathers is fantastic, and has held up through the years remarkably well. However, a dose of common sense, honesty, integrity and decency will go a LONG way to getting us back on track.

Wasn't your post I was commenting on ( I agree with you)--just those that followed.

Tom
10-14-2004, 10:32 PM
What do you do when neither candidate represents your values?

schweitz
10-14-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Tom

Vote for the one that comes closest.

betchatoo
10-14-2004, 11:41 PM

I am curious why you think the electoral college is a good thing. And this is a serious question not an attack on your politics or beliefs. I have trouble believing in its fairness or validity for either side. For example, in Illinois this year, a couple of million Republican voters will be, for all intents and purposes, disenfranchised from the national election because there will be a million more Democratic votes in this state. So to a great extent, their vote doesn't count.

What is wrong with the concept of one man, one vote and majority elects the officials?

boxcar
10-15-2004, 12:42 AM
Tom asks:

Find leadership in a country that does, and then relocate pronto. (Have you considered our neighbors to the north and zee south?) :D

Boxcar

NoDayJob
10-15-2004, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by JustMissed
Kinda makes you wonder what to expect November 2nd.

JM

:D It won't make any difference who's elected. If you allow for inflation, since Wallace said, "There isn't a dimes worth of difference between the two parties", it's down to a penny. I wonder how long it will take for the so called "entitlements" and the proposed "health care for all" to bring this once great Republic to its knees. Cicero believed that when the public was allowed to vote its own largesse the society would decline. You better have a back up plan, or be prepared to continue working until you're 85-90 to foot the bill, cuz der ain't no "free lunch". :D

NDJ

OTM Al
10-15-2004, 09:06 AM
The debates have settled one thing in my mind and that is that both of these guys are idiots. I'm writing in myself in November....only one I can trust.

NoDayJob
10-15-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by OTM Al
The debates have settled one thing in my mind and that is that both of these guys are idiots. I'm writing in myself in November....only one I can trust.

:D SPELL YOUR NAME FOR ME AND YOU'VE GOT AT LEAST 2 VOTES :D

NDJ

Tom
10-16-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by boxcar
Tom asks:

Find leadership in a country that does, and then relocate pronto. (Have you considered our neighbors to the north and zee south?) :D

Boxcar

Well, Mexico has all our jobs....Canada has snow.....YIKES!:)

Tom
10-16-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by NoDayJob
:D SPELL YOUR NAME FOR ME AND YOU'VE GOT AT LEAST 2 VOTES :D

NDJ

THREE!

kenwoodallpromos
10-16-2004, 12:07 PM
1- register seniors to vote in high scholl while in required civics class.
2- make all candidates for all levels and all offices go out and collect signatures to get on the ballot. Now most candidates pay their way onto the ballot, and major parties are automatically placed there.
3- send sample ballot out 60 days early with 3-page bio and political record of all candidates.

boxcar
10-16-2004, 01:18 PM
Secretariat wrote:

1. Get rid of the electoral college. Now there's only a couple of states in play. This is ridiculous if you live in Texas or California. Politicins gear up for thee battleground states ad the <Cheney> with the rest

Very bad idea. The electoral college was a brilliant safeguard incorporated into the constitution by the Founding Fathers. God help us if this we ever abolish this safeguard and we become a mob ruled nation!

Boxcar

Tom
10-16-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by boxcar
Secretariat wrote:

1. Get rid of the electoral college. Now there's only a couple of states in play. This is ridiculous if you live in Texas or California. Politicins gear up for thee battleground states ad the <Cheney> with the rest

Very bad idea. The electoral college was a brilliant safeguard incorporated into the constitution by the Founding Fathers. God help us if this we ever abolish this safeguard and we become a mob ruled nation!

Boxcar

You mean the DNC is not a "mob?":confused: