PDA

View Full Version : I can't wait for the Sox/Yanks, but....

sq764
10-12-2004, 04:34 PM
.....I would never in a million years pay this for 3 tickets.. This is just freaking insane.. And what's more insane is that they will probably sell

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16122&item=2276361397&rd=1

OTM Al
10-12-2004, 04:44 PM
Those aren't even front row seats and the seats are in the outfield. You are right though. Sombody with way too much money will buy them. I liked the news story about the people that tried to line up at Yankee Stadium saturday night/sunday morning after they clinched to get LCS tickets. This was a problem because a) the LCS tickets went on sale the same day that the DCS tickets did, about 2 weeks ago, and b) the ticket office didn't even open Sunday.

I actually thought about trying to get LCS tickets when they really went on sale, but even the face price seems a bit too much for me, though I've seen playoff games already, so maybe I'm a little jaded

BIG RED
10-12-2004, 04:57 PM
On e-bay or a scalper I can see these prices. I still don't get how legit ( like ticket-tron ) can charge huge prices. I can never figure that out. That knocks all the regular joes out, and their families

Dave Schwartz
10-12-2004, 05:47 PM
LOL - Season ticket prices for a single game, huh?

The first time the Angels went to the playoffs (1983 I think) I got 2 tickets for the first-round versus the Brewers. The seats were so far up in left-field that the infielders looked like ants... and that was through my binoculars.

No joke.

Dave Schwartz

Bubbles
10-12-2004, 06:07 PM
You want a ticket story, I'll give ya one.

Me and good ol' SilverSow were at Yankee Stadium in '99, for the Subway Series. We have seats out near Monument Park in left, then this black limo pulls up.

Guy inside says, "You got tickets? It's your lucky day."

Eight rows behind third base. It was perfect. And on top of that, Clemens got shelled.

sq764
10-12-2004, 09:05 PM
Times have changed...

I remember going to Veterans Stadium (in Philadelphia) and getting sweet 200 level seats for $10..

My wife and I went to Citizens Park this year for the Phillies Marlins game.. It was $92 for 2 tix.. Almost same view..

Zaf
10-12-2004, 09:13 PM
When My Grandfather took me to Mets Games in the early 70's I remember that Box Seats , the best in the house were $4. I still have some of those old ticket stubs laying around in a box somewhere. 6 - 0 Yanks :eek:

ZAFONIC

sq764
10-12-2004, 09:19 PM
As I get older, I am so much more inclined to stay home and watch the game on tv..

For an Eagles game, it's almost impossible to find tix.. If you do, it's about $300 for 2 tix, $20 for parking, 60,000 fans in traffic, $5.50 beers... Insane..

Instead my wife and I get wings and beers and sit in the living room for free... And when the game's over, we're home..