PDA

View Full Version : BEL MON

SAL
10-11-2004, 11:18 AM
Picks for Belmont Monday:

R1 #8 Tampa’s Big City-Zito does well with 2nd time out runners. This one had a couple of excuses in his debut, slop and a wide trip. Returns today with go-to guy Castellano up, should run better here.

R2 #7 Awesomeness-His maiden breaker was a good one, pressing the pace 3 wide and drawing off. Laid off since his first try against winners, where he got involved in a multi-horse battle for the lead. I’m guessing something went amiss there, forcing the layup. Steady drills since then, Tagg does ok with laid up runners.

R3 #7 Stag Dancer-Sire doing well with FTS. Lake does ok with firsters, and runner draws the interest of Bravo, a jock that does well with FTS also.

R4 #1 Daddy Joe-Ran pretty well first time out in a NW1. Had a bit of trouble in that one, but was making up ground at the end. Will probably go off favored here, may be playable if he’s 5/2 or better.
\
R5 #6 House Key-Almost blew up the tote at the Spa 2 races back. Followed that up with a so so effort in the slop. Pace should be to his liking today, I’m expecting a good effort here at a price.

R6 #12 Mikethemoondog-Had a terrible trip first time out. A wide trip is a possibility again today, I’m thinking the blinkers will improve his early speed to get better position. Tagg does well with 2nd time out runners, and he shows steady drills since his debut.

R7 #7 Boston Garden-My longshot special. First turf try can be excused, he had trouble and it was at a longer distance. Breeding says he should like the turf, and I expect him to be a pace factor in here. Longshot trainer gets Bravo, an excellent turf jock to ride.

R8 #7 Country Judge-Not much pace signed up here, so I’m leaning in this runner’s direction. Castellano will probably send him to get first jump, as this runner has shown decent early speed in the past. Two of his three lifetime wins come at Belmont also.

R9 Pass-Frankel’s runner looks tough, and will be a short price for sure.

R10 #12 Shining Rock-Ran well in two starts at this distance on this turf course. Should be competitive in this field.

chickenhead
10-11-2004, 02:25 PM
I'm trying to learn how to use Cj's figs....in the 5th they pointed me to House Key as well (or at least I think they did...:) )..let's hope for a good one at decent odds!

chickenhead
10-11-2004, 03:21 PM
LOL....KOD was right, that horse will probably never run again...

Race 6 I'll go with the 4 Cannonball Rock with the highest last out figs and a better pace scenario today...

I should say that if my picking continues to be terrible, that should in NO WAY reflect on CJ's figs...:) Chalk it up to operator error...

cj
10-11-2004, 03:55 PM
You seem to be using them same as me. I tuned in for the 4th and caught the $17 winner, was co top fig with the 2-1 favorite, a no brainer.

In the 5th, we had the same horse, who just finished I believe :(

In the 6th, same horse again. I expected a better place price with an 80-1 shot beating us out. but $8 isn't too shabby.

I don't like the next race at all, because I figure the favorite to win.

chickenhead
10-11-2004, 04:01 PM
glad to hear I'm not totally off base....

I'm making a small play here in the 7th with the 5 Actaeon

chickenhead
10-11-2004, 05:06 PM
9th -- 8 Fortunate Damsel

cj
10-11-2004, 05:23 PM
Very nice call! I'm going to try to cap off a nice day with the 11 in the last at a big price.

chickenhead
10-11-2004, 05:33 PM
I'm looking for a bomb here as well....I'm gonna give the 1 horse a chance..