PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Jeremy?

TOOZ
10-10-2004, 07:36 AM
I have a feeling you will see a new rider on Afleet Alex next time. Johnnie V got the jump on him, Rose swung wide too late and in my eyes should have won the race. If I owned that horse, the decision would be made before the race became official.

JPinMaryland
10-10-2004, 07:52 AM
Is it up to the jockey to swing him out like that in the first place? Or is it up to the horse to come in between horses? or is the horse supposed to wait a little. It seemed to me taking him wide was open to question in the first place, you're suggesting that he should have done it sooner??

Just asking, not really sure.

TOOZ
10-10-2004, 08:08 AM
I just think he got bottled up, waited for something to open, when it didn't he made the move he had to but it was too late. He was only 2 lengths back at the half and 1 length back at the three quarters. I just think if he makes his move earlier he wins the race, not necessarily how wide he had to go.

Valuist
10-11-2004, 10:58 AM
Great ride by Velazquez. Very subtly kept Afleet Alex locked in until it was too late. Big race by Afleet Alex, however. He had to switch lanes and was getting to the winner pretty good.