PDA

View Full Version : More Fear Coming Our Way

Dan
10-09-2004, 04:30 PM
Has any of these political parties mentioned this problem of the shortage of flu vaccine this year? Probably not.

This happens every year. Now this year there is even less because of the manufacturing fiasco in England.

Of course the media in a few months will be spreading fear again when stories of someone dieing in a village in Cambodia catching the flu from his pet rooster will be making the headlines. Then it will become a world-wide epidemic. Then the media will be saying, "The end of the world is near because the flu is spreading!"

I'd like to know just who is in charge of this stuff? They make only 100 million doses then half of that is bad - for a country of almost 300 million people? This is nuts.

BL

"I want you to get up right now, and go to the window, open it, and stick your head out and yell, 'I’M AS MAD AS HELL AND I’M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!'" - Howard Beale

witchdoctor
10-09-2004, 09:15 PM
Part of the problem is companies can't afford the liabilty of producing the vaccine in the US (Thanks John Edwards, et al) and therefore we have to get it from abroad.

Secretariat
10-10-2004, 01:02 AM
Unbeleivable. Now you're blaming John Edward's for the flu shortage vaccine.

kingfin66
10-10-2004, 01:34 AM
We're talking flu shots right? This is a preventative measure only. In my experience, the flu shot hasn't prevented the flu all that well. Will someone please enlighten me as to where the crisis lies and how it is a political issue?

Suff
10-10-2004, 01:43 AM
It's a big corporate game. Schering Plow... A big US Drug Maker and a Big Republican booster got a New Flu Vaccine approved by the FDA this Year. Its Called "FLUMIST". Of course its more expensive than the Flu Vaccine. So they scare up the Public That we're all gonna die without a FLU VACCINE. (You wait, Influenza wiil be the word of the week).

Lesson. How to make BIG BUCKS off the Mass's.

Step one. Scare the people
Step two. Shorten supply
Step three. Introduce new, more expensive substitute.

Oldest Trick in the books.

Geez , I wish I had a few of you guys at my Poker table at Foxwoods Today. You'll Fall for anything.

From Thier INVESTOR section. Dates are eeerily similiar to the "SUPPLY" Crisis

FluMist(R) Now Available for the 2004-2005 Flu Season
MedImmune Now Shipping Intranasal Influenza Vaccine to Healthcare Professionals Nationwide

GAITHERSBURG, Md., Oct 7, 2004 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- MedImmune, Inc. (Nasdaq: MEDI) announced today that FluMist(R) (Influenza Virus Vaccine Live, Intranasal) is now available to the general public in doctors' offices, hospitals and some pharmacies throughout the United States. .

As stated in the October 5, 2004 Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report distributed by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control of prevention (CDC): "Intranasally administered, live, attenuated influenza vaccine, if available, should be encouraged for healthy persons who are aged 5-49 years and are not pregnant, including health-care workers (except those who care for severely immunocompromised patients in special care units) and persons caring for children aged <6 months."

Tom
10-10-2004, 11:40 AM
So you are saying a Brittish lab is not making serums so that a republican can make money here?????

Email me directions to Foxwoods...I want a seat at YOUR table!:D