PDA

View Full Version : Keeneland opening day follies

Rico8812
10-08-2004, 10:23 PM
Anybody watch Keeneland today? In the third race the $2 exacta paid $378. The $2 quinella paid $1,500!!! Might be the craziest payout i've ever seen, especially at a big track.

Then in the first stake, champali goes off at 9-1. You see his odds the whole race, as he's in the top 4. Even down the stretch, 9-1. Well he gets up to win, and pays.....$10 even.

crazy stuff.

the little guy
10-09-2004, 12:08 AM
Champali was actually 7-2 when they went in the gate and went UP to 4-1.

You must have misread the board.

cj
10-09-2004, 02:27 AM
I was shut out trying to bet Runway Model in the Alcibiades S, then watched her get up from way back in the final strides, and at 17-1. Very empty feeling in the stomach, I am a little better this morning. This hadn't happened to me in a while. I did have a pretty good string going of getting shut out on losers, so I know it probably evens out over time, but it still sucks at that moment :)!

BillW
10-09-2004, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by cj
I was shut out trying to bet Runway Model in the Alcibiades S, then watched her get up from way back in the final strides, and at 17-1. Very empty feeling in the stomach, I am a little better this morning. This hadn't happened to me in a while. I did have a pretty good string going of getting shut out on losers, so I know it probably evens out over time, but it still sucks at that moment :)!

Damn, Craig, 2 days after we were discussing that exact thing, kinda like discussing a no hitter in the late innings of a ball game. :eek:

arkansasman
10-09-2004, 10:48 AM
Anybody watch Keeneland today? In the third race the $2 exacta paid $378. The $2 quinella paid $1,500!!! Might be the craziest payout i've ever seen, especially at a big track.

It looks like Peter Wagner and the other computer teams are not going after the quinella pools.

sjk
10-09-2004, 11:00 AM
The quinella pools are less than 5% of the exacta pools. No one is likely to make a serious bet into these pools.

If I were at the track and looking at exacta prices on the odds board, I bet I would spend half my time waiting for useless quinella prices to pass by. The same is of tracks offering rolling doubles that no one plays.

Playing at home I have access to exacta prices whenever I wish. This is an example of tracks being totally out of touch with what the majority of players are interested in giving people added reasons to play off-track.