PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga: Sunday, July 21

Teach
07-21-2019, 09:50 AM
Good Morning. I went through withdrawal symptoms yesterday, as the Spa card was cancelled. There’s nothing like being at "The Spa," even vicariously.

I should mention that it’s been, as my mother used to say, like a shvitzbod (steam bath) around here west of Boston. Yet, today, it’s cloudy. That may hold down the temperatures (the humidity may be something else). I ask: “How did we survive without air conditioning?” As an aside (I have no monopoly on this), I grew up in a 3rd floor, inner-city Boston apartment. Talk about summertime heat with no A/C. Anyway…

Race One: No Picks

Race Two:

Let’s get this show on the road! We open with a 7-panels sprint-route on the main for 3-year olds and up, n2L’s, that are in for a “16k tag”. The “logical” is the 6-year old lightly-raced chestnut gelding, :6: BUSINESS CYCLE. Yet, something, most definitively, concerns me: his last race. In that race on June 1st at Monmouth, this Curlin-bred gelding should have had every chance in the world of winning. The pace up front was done in quarter-horse-style fractions. If I had bet this gelding, I would have been frothing at the mouth; yet he came up empty. In his favor, it was his first race back-off-a-layoff. This Smart Strike-bred is now dropping to a level where he should win. Yet, in all candor, I for one am “buying insurance”. Javier Castellano is in the irons for trainer Chad Brown. Others: :1:, :2:, :8:

Teach
07-21-2019, 11:56 AM
Race Two: :1: - :2: - :4: - :3:

Race Three: :9: - :5: - :1: - :6:

Race Four: :1: - :5: - :2: - :3:

Race Five: :2: - :5: - :6: - :4:

Race Six: :1: - :2: - :4: - :13:

Race Seven: :1: - :5: - :7: - :8:

Race Eight: :6: - :5: - :3: - :4:

Race Nine: :2: - :1: - :3: - :10:

Race Ten: :2: - :7: - :6: - :9:

Race Eleven: :4: - :5: - :6: - :3: