PDA

View Full Version : HRTV - which tracks

andicap
10-08-2004, 12:12 PM
neither the HRTV website nor past threads have answered this question:
besides the Magna owned tracks, what tracks does Magna carry besides
Mountaineer and Louisiana Downs (T-bred only, please)

Obviously I know it doesn't have the NYRA and KY tracks but I'm thinking of returning to the Dish Net and want to see how HRTV would complement TVG.

Speed Figure
10-08-2004, 12:44 PM
If you want to watch SA and Gulfstream get it. After that HRTV is nothing.

BillW
10-08-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by andicap
neither the HRTV website nor past threads have answered this question:
besides the Magna owned tracks, what tracks does Magna carry besides
Mountaineer and Louisiana Downs (T-bred only, please)

Obviously I know it doesn't have the NYRA and KY tracks but I'm thinking of returning to the Dish Net and want to see how HRTV would complement TVG.
Andi,

It's a reasonably nice complement. Philly park and Penn Nat. get some air time. Woodbine is another. They also have Australian races every night which I find nice for "backround noise". I don't play them, but they are interesting to watch while I'm doing other stuff on the computer.

These are off the top of my head, I'm sure there are others I'm not thinking of at the moment. (and tracks that will show up when they are in meet)

Bill

andicap
10-08-2004, 01:14 PM
wondering about Monmouth and other spring/summer tracks.....
is there any overlap??? some tracks that might have non-exclusive deals on both since TVG doesn't show many of the tracks it has rights to every day.
Seems HRTV shows more races... more hard-core..

BillW
10-08-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by andicap
wondering about Monmouth and other spring/summer tracks.....
is there any overlap??? some tracks that might have non-exclusive deals on both since TVG doesn't show many of the tracks it has rights to every day.
Seems HRTV shows more races... more hard-core..

MTH and MED are two I forgot and they are just as goofy as TVG, with less substance as far as specials go ( i.e. "The Works", Sales coverage etc.)

With AUS coverage, they do show more races (i.e. more hours per day), but the density is about the same.

HRTV overlaps on smaller tracks such as DEL, SUF, CA fairs RET etc.

Bill

garyoz
10-16-2004, 10:15 PM
Does HRTV carry Tampa Bay Downs?

BillW
10-16-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by garyoz

Things are normally so volatile that they normally don't promise anything more that a few weeks ahead of time. I'll let you know in a few months :). I seem to remember Magna fighting with them over GP signal cost, if my memory is correct and that wasn't resolved possibly they don't.

Bill

JustRalph
10-16-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by garyoz
I would like to know about this one too.........

JimG
10-16-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph
I would like to know about this one too.........

Ralph,

I bet they do on Tuesday for sure. As I recall, few tracks running and Tampa can be showcased that day of the week. Obviously, any day Gulfstream and/or Santa Anita is running in the winter, Tampa will take a back seat. Who introduced you to betting Tampa anyway??:D

Jim

JustRalph
10-16-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by JimG
Who introduced you to betting Tampa anyway??:D
Jim

;) The same guy who helped me learn to play those Turf Races.....! :D

Valuist
10-18-2004, 05:53 PM
HRTV carries Hawthorne, at least most of the time. For full fields and juicy payoffs, I can't think of a better track than Haw.