PDA

View Full Version : John Velasquez--"Just The Best"--Better Than All The Rest"

CapperLou
10-06-2004, 08:36 PM
Boy oh Boy!!!!!!

Johnny V does it again---4 winners today!!!

I marvel at what this guy is doing--he's in a class by himself--and is SO MUCH BETTER than anyone else in route races. I see him on a 6-1 shot in 9th BEL today and am shocked. I do not like the 4-5 favorite at all.

And they let Johnny get away at 6-1---wow!!!!

And then another supreme stretch ride--keeping his mount going and holding off the challengers!!!

Johnny is in a class by himself amongst riders today. Just my opinion and no one will change it. And yes--of course he's getting live mounts--every trainer and owner wants the best guy on their horse so they have the best chance of winning.

Congrats John---and don't ever forget what Angel has taught you and done for you. What a combination!!!!

All the best,

CapperLou

CapperLou
10-06-2004, 10:29 PM
Velazquez !!!!!

Sorry for wrong spelling on thread!!

the little guy
10-07-2004, 12:16 AM
Just another rider.

He will go down as one of the all-time myths. He rides OK, but no better than many. Prado is MUCH better.

If Jose Espinoza rode for Pletcher he would win just as many.

Honestly, it reminds me of the Emperor's New Clothes.

cj
10-07-2004, 02:45 AM
Prado and Dominguez are better for my money.

Tee
10-07-2004, 02:58 AM
Seriously now,

Fast horses put jockeys in the winners circle.

JMHO

betchatoo
10-07-2004, 07:20 AM
A good jockey can improve a horse's chances but lets face it...

I never saw a jockey carry a horse over the finish line

cj
10-07-2004, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by betchatoo
...I never saw a jockey carry a horse over the finish line

I saw Laffit come very close on many occasions! :D

Valuist
10-07-2004, 09:36 AM
And Fires also. Fires and Pincay probably hit horses harder than anyone.

CapperLou
10-07-2004, 10:19 AM
Obviously a rider has to have a good horse under him--but--a good rider can make a big difference in many races under certain circumstances!!!

I'm just saying that I believe John V is the best at what he does right now. Edgar is a class act also.

Pincay was the strongest and most competitive rider I saw during his years of riding!!

All the best,

CapperLou

P.S. The rider who is the one to watch and who is probably going to be the best in the future is Dominguez as CJ mentions. And--right now you can get some good prices with him.

CryingForTheHorses
10-07-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by CapperLou
Boy oh Boy!!!!!!

Johnny V does it again---4 winners today!!!

I marvel at what this guy is doing--he's in a class by himself--and is SO MUCH BETTER than anyone else in route races. I see him on a 6-1 shot in 9th BEL today and am shocked. I do not like the 4-5 favorite at all.

And they let Johnny get away at 6-1---wow!!!!

And then another supreme stretch ride--keeping his mount going and holding off the challengers!!!

Johnny is in a class by himself amongst riders today. Just my opinion and no one will change it. And yes--of course he's getting live mounts--every trainer and owner wants the best guy on their horse so they have the best chance of winning.

Congrats John---and don't ever forget what Angel has taught you and done for you. What a combination!!!!

All the best,

CapperLou

This guy is a very good rider, We have a rider at Calder that reminds me of him..Eddie Castro is a excellent rider

CryingForTheHorses
10-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Tee
Seriously now,

Fast horses put jockeys in the winners circle.

JMHO

Sharp Post!!

cj
10-07-2004, 04:57 PM
But bad jockeys, like bad trainers, can cause fast horses to lose.

CapperLou
10-07-2004, 05:16 PM
Eddie Castro is a constantly improving rider and there is no telling how good he is going to be. Reminds me a little bit of years back when Santos and Solis were here!!!

They sure did well!!!

I like Eddie and notice that Marty Wolfson is liking him more each month---getting away from Gary B and Cruz & before that Garcia. Interesting!!!

All the best,

CapperLou

I wonder if Eddie will become another Cornelio at Calder--we will have to wait and see!!!!

Tee
10-07-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by cj

If a jock is extremely bad - what is he/she doing on a "fast" horse to begin with. Just sit, don't fall off & let the horse do his/her thing & all should work out.

As for the trainers, some great thoroughbred athletes overcome their trainers shortcomings. I don't think Laura DeSeroux is a very good all around trainer, but Azeri did quite well under her tutelage. Same thing as above - a very good/great horse almost is self trained.

What's btwn the ears or not btwn the ears is hard to overcome by any jock or trainer.

CryingForTheHorses
10-07-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by cj

Sharper Post!!!