PDA

View Full Version : NY Times -- what a great paper!

chickenhead
10-06-2004, 04:03 PM
as a west cost guy, I don't get much chance to read the NY Times...in fact until today I've never read one.....I have heard a lot about them.....so today I wanted something to read while I ate lunch..the Sunday NY Times was still in the store so i bought one...

I sat in shock and awe reading such well written news articles....fascinating story about the Iraq nuclear weapon debate that occured within the Intelligence community from about 1997 through the start of the Iraq war.....I was just amazed to be getting this from a newspaper, the SF Chronicle is a piece of garbage and I've known that for a long time....the Times is not just a difference of degree but a difference in kind...I just want to say that you East Coasters are lucky to have this at your disposal, I'm going to have to look into getting a West Coast subscription...

IRISHLADSTABLE
10-06-2004, 04:29 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/

Equineer
10-06-2004, 06:19 PM
Yes, the Pope has a double subscription to the Sunday NY Times... his only double subscription. The second copy gets passed up rather than around or on.

JustRalph
10-06-2004, 07:20 PM
It used to be known for the great Crossword Puzzle. Now it is known as the "the great puzzle" nobody can tell what parts are true.........."Caveat Emptor"

ljb
10-06-2004, 07:59 PM
From Just Ralph
Now it is known as the "the great puzzle" nobody can tell what parts are true..........
Kinda like a Cheney speech ! :D :D :D

Tom
10-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Yes, the Times is a bit loose on checking facts, and many storeies, completley made up, were printed not long ago. No telling how many others fit this phony bill. Bit I would look for other sources to confirm anythey they print.

chickenhead
10-06-2004, 08:19 PM
......single news source is never a good idea.....but I read more useful info in one article than I get in a full week of the Chronicle...not even close between them. If someone has a better paper to recommend I'll try it...

Tom
10-06-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by chickenhead
......single news source is never a good idea.....but I read more useful info in one article than I get in a full week of the Chronicle...not even close between them. If someone has a better paper to recommend I'll try it...

Daily Racing Form!
Simulcast Weekly!

If it ain't in one of these, you don't to know it!:D

JustRalph
10-06-2004, 11:20 PM
I can't remember the last time I read a real paper. With the internet ...........who needs them. Everytime I read the paper, I have already seen the stories at least 12 hours earlier............

Tom
10-07-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph
I can't remember the last time I read a real paper. With the internet ...........who needs them. Everytime I read the paper, I have already seen the stories at least 12 hours earlier............
You roll them up into logs and burn them in the winter, when it is cold and you can't afford fuel oil. BS burns hot!
:D

hcap
10-07-2004, 06:59 PM
Maybe I should print out your posts, all 8200 +, and not worry about the cost of heating oil this winter. Wonder if I have to adjust the burner to the BS setting?

Maybe bush can release all the BS from the National BS reserve, he replenished to the brim, that will really cut down our dependence on foreign oil.

:eek: :eek:

Should be nice and toasty.

Tom
10-08-2004, 12:21 AM
I love it when they come unglued.

Hcap watching the debate......