PDA

View Full Version : Wed Belmont, Hawthorne

Valuist
10-06-2004, 09:42 AM
Bel 1st-Have to like Devil's Last Dance here. I have her as the best in the June 27 race, 3 wide both turns trying to close on a soft pace wire winner. They've tried to get her back on turf twice but both were taken off. Another key is if any of the AEs draw in, since two are legit contenders.

Bel 4th-Higher Ground. 1st time tag; has the biggest back number in the race; tossing out the route attempt.

Bel 6th-Land of Dreams-probably best in her last 2 races. The 0 for 19 barn likely will help the price.

Bel 8th-probably the most wide open race of the day. L'Oiseau D'argent was in against a ton of speed last time out and now really only has to beat Royal Affirmed out of the gate. Colonial Bay is dangerous. He got hung up in the gate last time and was declared a non-starter parimutuelly, yet only lost by 2.5 lengths.

Bel 9th- another wide open race. I think Countervail is interesting at a price. Good situational numbers for Motion, and a good grass rider in Castellano plus the rail. And it doesn't hurt that Frankel/Prado have drawn the 12 hole.

Haw 2nd-3 likely betting favorites are a combined 0 for 38. At least Cooper Country has only failed 5 times; ran respectably twice on turf and gets capable turf riding Marquez.

Haw 4th-Keepitinthebag moves way up at Haw. He should be laying 2nd behind a slow pace. Vinci has won almost as many at Haw as he did in 4 months at AP.

Haw 5th-Trying to beat heavy chalk Piano Tunner. Talk to Chrissy should be able to clear coming out of the 5f race at Hoo. Gets high win % connections Martinez/Zimmerman.

Haw 7th-Tighthold has lost 10 times but only once at M10 and he was second that time, beating two future winners. I also think the Beyer people shortchanged his Aug 19 and June 19 races.

Haw 8th- Bold Bayou Baby is the one to beat, IMO. One of two 3YO, got shortchanged by about 5 Beyer pts on May 10, which would've been right in line w/her FG efforts. Broussard is unbeaten at the meet. I have Bad Kitty's last dirt race 3 lengths slower than Beyer does so I'm playing against her. Rich City Girl is the main danger and she could be tough on the turnback.

Haw 9th-Feverinthesouth should be a solid price and should clear on the lead. These live horses from $hitbox tracks generally are solid overlays at Haw.