PDA

View Full Version : South Carolina Account Wagering options....

Vinman
06-12-2019, 08:03 PM
A buddy of mine is moving from Jersey to South Carolina, which we all know is one of the most anti-gambling states in the country. Any shot for him to be able to wager online through one of the ADW outfits?

Same question if he were to use an out of state address.

If SC uses the same kind of sophisticated geolocator technology as NJ, which has NY folks crossing into NJ to place their sports bets, I'd say the odds ain't good.

What sage advice is there other than "If you want to play horses, don't move to South Carolina".

Vinman

spiketoo
06-13-2019, 12:24 AM
What is 'sophisticated geolocating'? I've yet to find any geolocating authentication including NYRA bets that can't be circumvented by using a VPN.

Someday Silent
06-15-2019, 03:19 PM
I'm from South Carolina. I think the "offshore" options are better than they were a few years ago, but since I haven't bet much recently I'm not sure. I have a cousin who lives in Kansas City so usually I make picks, he puts them in through his account, and then we split the winnings or eat losses together. Pay Pal is a great friend to me in this situation.

JustRalph
06-15-2019, 07:02 PM
I'm from South Carolina. I think the "offshore" options are better than they were a few years ago, but since I haven't bet much recently I'm not sure. I have a cousin who lives in Kansas City so usually I make picks, he puts them in through his account, and then we split the winnings or eat losses together. Pay Pal is a great friend to me in this situation.

what do you do at tax time?

signers? etc.........