PDA

View Full Version : BetMix

lefty359
06-12-2019, 12:34 AM
Software junkie here.Ran across this and wonder if anyone here has tried it.
One good thing, for $50 a month all the data is included. hat's a good deal right here if the software itself is any good.

Light
06-12-2019, 02:11 PM
I tried it for about 3 months, maybe a couple or 3 years ago. Never made any money off it. I can't remember exactly why I dropped it but it was for that reason that I can't quite remember that I dropped it.

One thing I do know is that you are limited by the programs protocol of what "factors" they offer for you to base your betting decision on and I did not like their menu of factors. Not as good as mine.

lefty359
06-12-2019, 03:32 PM
Thanks, light. I notice they have 145 factors to choose from. That's a lot.

lefty359
06-12-2019, 05:12 PM
I said 145 factors but I blve it's 45. Still a lotof factors, can't imagine any factor that's not included.

fmazur
06-12-2019, 06:15 PM
I have been using Betmix on and off since they first came out. Currently, there are 51 factors you can use. I am now on Betmix and will probably stay on as it is well worth it for what you get. The main problem with Betmix is that there is just too much information and things you can do with it though I have learned to love it for that very reason. If you can think of any information you may want, it probably can do it. A few of examples:

Between 1/1/2017 and Jun 12,2019
Bob Baffert with Mike Smith at S.A. 31races 10W 18Pl 21Sh
0 wins in 13 starts at DelMar
12 wins in 17 starts at New York tracks
Mike Simth has only had 2 turf mounts for Baffert, finishing 2nd in one at 12.90/1 and 14th in the other at 8.80/1.

1/1/2019 thru March 12, 2019
Mdn Clm ML of 5/2 all tracks 415 races 126W 206Pl 270Sh ROI .89.5
Tampa 50 races 16W 22Pl 32Sh ROI .99

May 2019 Horse with Bullet work 226 races 59W 106Pl 153 Sh ROI .72
Avg. odds 2.48 Avg odds o winner 1.78

1/1/19 thru 6/12/19 Claimed last 1382 races 243W 469Pl 631Sh ROI .84
Claimed with Bullet 165races 37W 59Pl 73Sh ROI .99.6

This year Mdn from post 5 357 races 39W 89Pl 141 Sh ROI .59

Light
06-12-2019, 06:26 PM
I said 145 factors but I blve it's 45. Still a lotof factors, can't imagine any factor that's not included.

I can. Their factors are very cliche,redundant and common. Everyone has them.
Check out their free "race of the day" and you will see the 45 factors.

Go here

https://betmix.com/free-race-of-the-day/

and then scroll down to "Betpad" race profile and scroll the pad. You will see the cliche 45 factors that everyone has.

lefty359
06-12-2019, 07:22 PM
Thanks, guys.
I chkd out free race yesterday at Parx, had winner but bet dn to 3/2.
Didn't seem to be a free race for today.
I played Belmont with software I'm currently using. Only bet 3 of them. Had two wins. $21.60, $13.40.

fmazur
06-12-2019, 08:50 PM
Light/Lefty359

You do not use all the factors. You find out what works best at what you are comfortable with. Race of the day gives you access to maybe 20% of Betmix.

I never have more than 5 factors, usually only two or three.
I will try to attach the two totally different, but profitable plays.
The Baffert play is an automatic bet for me. Oaklawn if I am aware of a play. I have had several big ones there, but some long run outs.

Oaklawn Mdn Long Shot method 2018 and 2019---Uses only one factor.
156 races 25 wins (16%) ROI 250% 34 Pl(22%) ROI 136% 45 SH(29%) ROI 105%

Baffert Mdn 1st time starter---2017 thru today USES only one factor
51 Races 29 wins(57%) ROI 165% 36 Pl(71%) ROI 135% 37 SH ROI 106%

NorCalGreg
06-12-2019, 09:31 PM
Software junkie here.Ran across this and wonder if anyone here has tried it.
One good thing, for $50 a month all the data is included. hat's a good deal right here if the software itself is any good.

I was a BET-MIX user before Pace-View. I really enjoyed it--lotta fun! I subscribed for at least 6 months....maybe more.

I didn't make a profit--my horrendous money mgt sure didn't help any.

I'm surprised it's still only $50 a month...I'm pretty sure it was the same price 4-5 years ago.

-NCG

kingfin66
06-12-2019, 09:58 PM
At one time it was $30/month, but the price rose to $50. People who had it at $30 were grandfathered in. I think once in a while they even have a special offer where you can still get it for $30. $50 isn't too bad, but I agree with Light, the factors are pretty limited and not very original.

Light
06-12-2019, 10:18 PM
I played Belmont with software I'm currently using. Only bet 3 of them. Had two wins. $21.60, $13.40.

What software are you currently using to get those 2 nice priced horses? With software like that who needs Betmix?

lefty359
06-13-2019, 12:13 AM
I'm using RDSS. I'm an old Sartin guy so really enjoy it, but just as I did in the 90's I still enjoy taking a look at other software. Just can't help myself...

Light
06-13-2019, 12:02 PM
When you picked those two winners, was that betting just one horse to win per race or multiple horses to win per race?

lefty359
06-13-2019, 12:31 PM
Light, I've always been a 2 horse Bettor even before Sartin. So it was 2 horses per race. Still a nice profit.
One of the horses was a first choice, the other a second choice.

fmazur
06-13-2019, 02:53 PM
I was curious, so I ran the 8th and 9th at Belmont thru Betmix.

Light
06-13-2019, 03:10 PM
But it depends on your "mix".

Partsnut
06-14-2019, 09:57 AM
I have used Bet mix on several occasions and found that you were limited as to how many races you could use for any specific mix.
The product was progressively updated but stopped and has not been updated or improved for quite some time
Dave Williams, the provider was very accomadating and helpful and would work with you.

Occasionally, I would hit a "bomb". However,
It was not consistent enough for me to successfully bet on my win criteria and odds
requirements. I am a win bettor and bet just one win horse per race if I get my required odds on a specific horse.
I will say, I enjoyed using it but it did not give me what I needed.
I am now exploring my own database analysis using some obsolete and long gone software. I normally model just one or two tracks.

fmazur
06-14-2019, 11:27 AM
That is the point of Betmix. The mix I used had the winner in the top 3 75% of the time and the top 4 84%. This was over the last 80 races of that type i.e Turf Alw. for the 8th and Turf claimer for the 9th. The mixes narrow down the contenders.

I use Betmix mainly for all the back data it provides and allows you to manipulate. It has data going back to 2012.

One of my quick handicapping plays, in the race below #4 #7 and #9 all show early speed. I now look for an off the pace horse. In this case, I did have the winner at 13.20 and no it doesn't always work out that way.

Attachments are from Betmix data show how the race should set up and the results.

Partsnut
06-14-2019, 12:20 PM
I have found that if you learn to set your odds criteria, determine what your acceptable return should be, use a good database and know how to hedge or dutch your bets you will achieve success,
Here is an example of a recent dutch bet I mage recently, I invested a total of 16 dollars for win and place.

lefty359
06-14-2019, 12:21 PM
The bottom line is do you keep betting records and have you increased your BR using Betmix. It does look like an interesting program...

lefty359
06-14-2019, 02:07 PM
Can you work on the next day's races the night before? eems like a lot of work to do the day of the race.
Thanks in advance.

Partsnut, that was a nice hit you showed. I haven't had a bomb like hat in ages.

Partsnut
06-14-2019, 03:03 PM
When you have a model set up you can wait for the scratches and then you let your model dictate your contenders. I normal look for my top 2 or 3. Then I play the track live and use a good ( Hedge, Dutch ) software.
I look for a 200% return on any bet that is not hedged. In other words, I look for longshot situations. I pass a lot of races. I play one or two tracks at most.

Partsnut
06-14-2019, 03:20 PM
Example: R3 GPX Live

Partsnut
06-14-2019, 03:37 PM
Example: R3 GPX Live

As you might expect the odds flucuated until after post time and dropped after my bet

Heres the results

lefty359
06-14-2019, 03:50 PM
Nice pick. It was my 3rd choice.

fmazur
06-14-2019, 09:05 PM
Longer than that. I picked the toughest race I could find.

Belmont Sunday, June 16th 9th race.

kingfin66
06-14-2019, 09:14 PM
For those who are interested, the picture posted by fmazur features both the Score and the mix associated with the score factors. In this case, the Score is straight out of the box and is composed of the factors listed: L Fin, Lengths, Speed Last, and Class Diff. This is a good starting point for Betmix. You can also use the database feature to check the ROI for Score and the individual Score factors. I am curious as to what the ROI would be for horses with top 3 Score, Top 3 mix based on the score factors and a Score of less than 100. Of these elements, the first and third ones are easy to find for various conditions. The actual mix can only be determined for small sets of races (if I remember correctly).

kingfin66
06-16-2019, 07:31 PM

The :11: wins and pays $78.00. This mix was right out of the box. The :10: was the only scratch, but I doubt that would have had much impact on the mix score. For me, the race was unplayable regardless of handicapping tool because of the presence of four FTS, but will a nice example of what Betmix can do.

Light
06-16-2019, 11:30 PM
You are really talking about 2 different things. It's nice that BetMix had the horse ranked 3rd.

But then you need a betting strategy that would have included this horse in your bets. Today if my betting strategy included a horse my program ranked 2nd I would have made $122.

We don't always play what our program spits out because our betting strategy says NO.

jk3521
06-17-2019, 08:17 AM

If you downloaded the BRIS Race Summary for that race you get the same horses listed in almost the same order. This is a good way to search for longshots. If a longer priced horse is in the top 4 , consider them.

mikesal57
06-17-2019, 08:28 AM
If you downloaded the BRIS Race Summary for that race you get the same horses listed in almost the same order. This is a good way to search for longshots. If a longer priced horse is in the top 4 , consider them.

When "yours or any" program can consistently get a longshot in the 3rd or 4th position then you have something real good...

The thing is .....How do you handle betting 4 horses?

I believe that finding a vulnerable favorite is key....if he is...then you have a big advantage in that race....

So what do you do?

Mike

jk3521
06-17-2019, 08:38 AM
The longshot over the other three plus the favorite, if not one of the top four, could be the way to go if betting exotics. Seen it happen many times.

Light
06-17-2019, 12:54 PM
Seen it happen many times.

That phrase is anecdotal,not statistical.The problem with BM is that a certain betting strategy can be created to back fit a long shot 3rd choice. But since most races are not won by long shots, good luck in sticking to it. And good luck that that strategy can catch the next long shot who is ranked 4th. I tried with BM and the variables are too great to allow a profit.

What happens in BM when you adjust your betting strategy in one way, say to catch long shots, it will negatively affect your ability to catch horses in the other categories, say in the mid priced range. You then try to compensate for that and it never ends.

I overrode my program when it gave me its second pick where I would have collected $122 yesterday, a horse who never routed. So I'm supposed to say, "horses like that win, seen it many times". Baloney. I know they win only 10%of the time at best and their ROI is a huge negative.

On top of that this was an 8yo not a 3 or 4yo who never routed. That was my rationale for overriding the program. The program knew it was a first time router but not that it was an 8yo. But on that same day I also overrode a horse whose trainer is 0-33, but keyed him behind the favorite in the exacta. No boxing. Of course the horse wins and my exacta and DD are screwed.

So if there is anything I could say "seen it happen many times", its things like that.

That's why I am working on a statistical form of selecting my bets. Like you would do in Blackjack. Instead of saying "seen it happen many times", you will have statistics to back it up or throw it out. It does work from my limited play in it but the database still needs much more data.

fmazur
06-17-2019, 03:02 PM
If anybody wondered, I did bet the #11 & #12 to win in the 9th at Belmont. I did not use the #5 as he was too low in odds. This is how you get nice plays in Betmix. According to Betmix a longshot figured to win this race.

Speed Figure
06-18-2019, 03:11 AM
That phrase is anecdotal,not statistical.The problem with BM is that a certain betting strategy can be created to back fit a long shot 3rd choice. But since most races are not won by long shots, good luck in sticking to it. And good luck that that strategy can catch the next long shot who is ranked 4th. I tried with BM and the variables are too great to allow a profit.

What happens in BM when you adjust your betting strategy in one way, say to catch long shots, it will negatively affect your ability to catch horses in the other categories, say in the mid priced range. You then try to compensate for that and it never ends.

I overrode my program when it gave me its second pick where I would have collected $122 yesterday, a horse who never routed. So I'm supposed to say, "horses like that win, seen it many times". Baloney. I know they win only 10%of the time at best and their ROI is a huge negative.

On top of that this was an 8yo not a 3 or 4yo who never routed. That was my rationale for overriding the program. The program knew it was a first time router but not that it was an 8yo. But on that same day I also overrode a horse whose trainer is 0-33, but keyed him behind the favorite in the exacta. No boxing. Of course the horse wins and my exacta and DD are screwed.

So if there is anything I could say "seen it happen many times", its things like that.

That's why I am working on a statistical form of selecting my bets. Like you would do in Blackjack. Instead of saying "seen it happen many times", you will have statistics to back it up or throw it out. It does work from my limited play in it but the database still needs much more data.

So let me get this straight! you supposedly have your own software program that gives you a $122 horse that's the 2nd pick and you don't bet it, but your asking Lefty what software he's using to get $21.60 & $13.40 winners? this makes absolutely no sense at all!

fmazur
06-18-2019, 12:19 PM
Kingfin66
I am curious as to what the ROI would be for horses with top 3 Score
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are the stats for the Mix I use. I went back 80 races for these.

17Win 22PL 28SH 7 more wins in top 3
10Win 18PL 25SH 10 more wins in top 3

27Win 40PL 53SH 17 more wins in top 3

34% WIN 55% of top 3 win
50% PL
66% SH

Attached Most recent 40 races Previous 40 races

fmazur
06-18-2019, 03:02 PM
I can get a lot (maybe all) information in relation to horse racing. You have to be more specific though, i.e. 6F clm, 1-mile turf RTE, all 3Y.O. moving up in class, a trainer with jockey, etc. If you don't do it this way, too many horses are involved. I ran your top 3 Score for 2019 and came up with 20,000+ horses. The ROI was 79.6% Win 80.5% Pl and 82.5% show.

From Jan 1, 2019, thru Jun 18, 2019
Using only AQU, BEL, GP, TAM, SA, FG, OP and CD
ROI for horses with top 3 Score

Light
06-18-2019, 06:45 PM
So let me get this straight! you supposedly have your own software program that gives you a $122 horse that's the 2nd pick and you don't bet it, but your asking Lefty what software he's using to get $21.60 & $13.40 winners? this makes absolutely no sense at all!

It was a DD. Parx 6/16 Races 6&7. So first leg my software had the $14 horse right on top. So I'm alive in the second leg. My program had the eventual $16.80 winner ranked 2nd. But I didn't like that the horse was routing for the first time as an 8yo. So left him off the ticket. DD paid $122.

fmazur
06-19-2019, 02:02 PM
Another nice thing about Bettmix is they point out the 10 races most likely to have good payoffs. Attached are the top 10 from June as well as the top 10 for June 19th

Light
06-19-2019, 11:59 PM
The ROI was 79.6% Win 80.5% Pl and 82.5% show.

From Jan 1, 2019, thru Jun 18, 2019
Using only AQU, BEL, GP, TAM, SA, FG, OP and CD

But that's based on 100% ROI being the break even mark. With 80% ROI you are losing 20 cents per dollar. So how is that "nice"? Because in your next post you say "Another nice thing about Bettmix....".

kingfin66
06-20-2019, 10:03 AM
But that's based on 100% ROI being the break even mark. With 80% ROI you are losing 20 cents per dollar. So how is that "nice"? Because in your next post you say "Another nice thing about Bettmix....".

That is not fair and you know it. He was trying to be helpful and respond to something I had requested from him. It is obvious that it does not reflect how he/she necessarily uses Betmix. His next post was simply sharing about info that is available to Betmix users. In other words, it is another nice feature. Why pick a fight with someone who is only trying to be thoughtful in responding to a request made by the OP?

headhawg
06-20-2019, 10:47 AM
Why pick a fight with someone who is only trying to be thoughtful in responding to a request made by the OP?Because that's what he does.

fmazur
06-20-2019, 11:47 AM

Yes, I know that if I made them plays I would lose 20 cents per dollar, so I do not do that. I obviously look for something better. Here are methods I used at AQU. and Oaklawn, one for favorites and one for long shots. 250% ROI on the long shots and 121% ROI on the favorites. The long shot method had 16% winners, while the favorite one had 48% winners. Different tracks, different time of year, different surfaces, different distances, etc., require a different method, which Betmix allows me to find. At some tracks, nothing works and at others, you get some very nice plays. Right now 6F ALW. and 6F CLM at Parx are doing very well. Betmix allows me to determine whether I should be looking for chalk, midprice or long shots. With long shots, I will play two and sometimes three horses in a race.

hndcpr59tp
06-20-2019, 12:11 PM
Hi. I am selling off all my software programs that I have purchased thru the years. If anyone is interested, just private message me and send me a list of what you are looking for.

Tom

Light
06-20-2019, 02:50 PM
That is not fair and you know it. He was trying to be helpful and respond to something I had requested from him. It is obvious that it does not reflect how he/she necessarily uses Betmix. His next post was simply sharing about info that is available to Betmix users. In other words, it is another nice feature. Why pick a fight with someone who is only trying to be thoughtful in responding to a request made by the OP?

Asking for clarification is not picking a fight. If you are incredibly insecure about what you are saying, I guess you could perceive it that way.

Light
06-20-2019, 02:54 PM
Yes, I know that if I made them plays I would lose 20 cents per dollar, so I do not do that. I obviously look for something better. Here are methods I used at AQU. and Oaklawn, one for favorites and one for long shots. 250% ROI on the long shots and 121% ROI on the favorites. The long shot method had 16% winners, while the favorite one had 48% winners. Different tracks, different time of year, different surfaces, different distances, etc., require a different method, which Betmix allows me to find. At some tracks, nothing works and at others, you get some very nice plays. Right now 6F ALW. and 6F CLM at Parx are doing very well. Betmix allows me to determine whether I should be looking for chalk, midprice or long shots. With long shots, I will play two and sometimes three horses in a race.

I hope you don't perceive my questions as trying to knock you as Kingfin suggests because I certainly have no issue with you personally and am focused on the subject of Betmix. If you are happy with it that's great. And I hope you do have a winning "mix".

Speed Figure
06-20-2019, 02:59 PM
Asking for clarification is not picking a fight. If you are incredibly insecure about what you are saying, I guess you could perceive it that way.

I'm asking for clarification of your software? All you do is talk about! now SHOW THAT IT'S REAL!

Light
06-20-2019, 03:56 PM
I'm asking for clarification of your software? All you do is talk about! now SHOW THAT IT'S REAL!

I don't need to prove anything to anyone. Do you see software guys showing off their software? No they do not. And they are selling their software. I am not.

fmazur
06-20-2019, 07:20 PM
I hope you don't perceive my questions as trying to knock you.

Nah! I'm too old for that stuff. I am from the original Prodigy board on AOL in the mid-90s, so I've seen it all. Right now, all I do is fool around with Betmix, make my daily bets and rest. I used to use A-Odds and Multicaps, but now use Betmix for all the statistical data it has. Also, it has much more data and cost a lot less than I paid for the Bris files. A-Odds and Multicaps are very good programs and I had success with them for many years.

JimG
06-20-2019, 08:13 PM
Nah! I'm too old for that stuff. I am from the original Prodigy board on AOL in the mid-90s, so I've seen it all. Right now, all I do is fool around with Betmix, make my daily bets and rest. I used to use A-Odds and Multicaps, but now use Betmix for all the statistical data it has. Also, it has much more data and cost a lot less than I paid for the Bris files. A-Odds and Multicaps are very good programs and I had success with them for many years.

I thought I recognized your name/handle. I was also on the original Prodigy horse racing forum. Have enjoyed your posts on BetMix. Continued success to you.

Jim

fmazur
06-21-2019, 06:59 PM
I thought I recognized your name/handle. I was also on the original Prodigy horse racing forum. Have enjoyed your posts on BetMix. Continued success to you.

Jim
Thanks, Nice to know some of us from Prodigy are still around.
I think there may be a few of us here. I think andicap was on Prodigy.

lefty359
06-22-2019, 03:14 PM
fmazur, I took a sub of Betmix to see if I could create some winning mixes. What is your procedure for creating mixes? I am unsure of exactly how to proceed. In the videos there seem to be a number of ways, but what's best?

Thanks in advance.

fmazur
06-23-2019, 11:32 AM
What I have found best is to be current. Here is the 9th a Laurel today.
This particular race (according to the mix) is wide open. I would look at the 3, 5 & 6 for a possible bet as their ML odds are high and they do figure in this race.

Here is how I created this mix.

1 Go to Birddog
2 Pick date/track/race in this case Laurel race 9 today
3 Click speed (left side under hdcp overview has 4 green bars)
Most predictive for this particular race

4 Click save mix (I am calling it Lrl Test)
5 Click race profile report (this will give you a new window)
6 Go to the new window and select no mix selected---This brings up a box where you select your mix.

In this mix, the top choice wins 35% and is in the money 73% of the time.

lefty359
06-23-2019, 11:51 AM
What I have found best is to be current. Here is the 9th a Laurel today.
This particular race (according to the mix) is wide open. I would look at the 3, 5 & 6 for a possible bet as their ML odds are high and they do figure in this race.

Here is how I created this mix.

1 Go to Birddog
2 Pick date/track/race in this case Laurel race 9 today
3 Click speed (left side under hdcp overview has 4 green bars)
Most predictive for this particular race

4 Click save mix (I am calling it Lrl Test)
5 Click race profile report (this will give you a new window)
6 Go to the new window and select no mix selected---This brings up a box where you select your mix.

In this mix, the top choice wins 35% and is in the money 73% of the time.

Thanks, most appreciated.

Partsnut
06-27-2019, 11:52 AM
Betmix Selections GPX 06-27-19

I am a subscriber of Betmix and find this interactive software to be very intuitive.
It is an excellent and well though out data mining source and handicapping tool.
There are many options included in Betmix that gives the user a very versatile approach in the dissertation of any given race,

I am going to stick my neck out and post my selections for today's Gulfstream Park.

I will list my top 3 horses in order of my projected finish.
Keep an eye out for the top 2 horses.

R1.....3,8,7

R2.....1,5,2

R3.....8,3,6

R4.....11,3,2

R5.....6,1,7

R6.....5,4,7

R7.....5,9,2

R8.....2,1,3

R9.....7,11.8

fmazur
06-27-2019, 01:10 PM
My Betmix quick mixes. You really picked a tough card. I would be looking at
the two with the highest odds in most of these races. I am curious to see how this comes out.
In actuality, there are only three or four beatable races here.

1---10/3/7/11 Edge to #10

2---5/7/1/2 #5 looks best #2 as a L.S.

3---8/3/7/1 #8 the best

4---11/3/10/4 All 4 figure go with highest odds

5---6/8/2/1 Tuff race to figure

6---2/8/1/6 Going with the 1st time starters

7---3/9/2/6 Tuff race Would pass

8---2/3/1 Close between edge to #2

9---7/11/5 7 & 11 look best

fmazur
06-27-2019, 03:49 PM
If you are patient with Betmix, you can get some nice ones. I went 1 for 4 yesterday using L.S. plays.

hracingplyr
06-27-2019, 03:58 PM
Betmix Selections GPX 06-27-19

I am a subscriber of Betmix and find this interactive software to be very intuitive.
It is an excellent and well though out data mining source and handicapping tool.
There are many options included in Betmix that gives the user a very versatile approach in the dissertation of any given race,

I am going to stick my neck out and post my selections for today's Gulfstream Park.

I will list my top 3 horses in order of my projected finish.
Keep an eye out for the top 2 horses.

R1.....3,8,7

R2.....1,5,2

R3.....8,3,6

R4.....11,3,2

R5.....6,1,7

R6.....5,4,7

R7.....5,9,2

R8.....2,1,3

R9.....7,11.8

Race 6. 7 wins pays 54.80
4 2nd 9.00

$2.00 Exacta pays 309.00 (little light if u ask me)

Bob

mikesal57
06-27-2019, 04:22 PM
Race 6. 7 wins pays 54.80
4 2nd 9.00

$2.00 Exacta pays 309.00 (little light if u ask me)

Bob

thats cause Bill was all over it....:)

good call!!

fmazur
06-27-2019, 04:25 PM
A nice Betmix feature---Eliminator Quickly eliminate 5 from the field. #11 as FTS Betmix throws out 2/4/5/12. Leaves only 6 to consider. I did use the #8, but others could have seen this differently.

lefty359
06-27-2019, 07:35 PM
Both Bill and Fmazur came up with some good prices today!

fmazur
06-27-2019, 07:47 PM
Churchill 6th
A nice example of the eliminator in use. All but two horses were eliminated and they ran 1/2 I am including my mix for the race.

fmazur
06-27-2019, 07:55 PM
Key hit for me was the 3/4/10/11 Ex. Box in the 4th

lefty359
07-02-2019, 12:27 AM
I'm beginning to think there's something to BetMix. Had a $54+ winner at GP today with it. Also had a $17+ win at Parx.
Have had several longshots during my testing phase that weren't bet. Won't be letting these slip though my fingers anymore.

fmazur
07-02-2019, 04:56 PM
I'm beginning to think there's something to BetMix. Had a $54+ winner at GP today with it. Also had a $17+ win at Parx.
Have had several longshots during my testing phase that weren't bet. Won't be letting these slip though my fingers anymore.

Nice hits. It appears you are seeing how Betmix can point you to some nice long shots. I find most of my long shots show up in turf races, then maiden and maiden claimers, most notably in races rated as chaos. Over the years Betmix has put me on to several $100 plus horses. Best ever (below) where I bet the #2 and #6. The long shot races usually require you to use two and sometimes three horses.

fmazur
07-02-2019, 04:59 PM
Make that #4 and #6. The #2 was a bet against chalk.

lefty359
07-02-2019, 06:50 PM
I agree. I've always been a 2 horse bettor and sometimes 3. We are on the same wave length

FocusWiz
07-02-2019, 07:52 PM
The interface has improved quite a bit since I gave up my subscription 6 years ago. I tried it this past weekend and had a reasonably good hit rate but had a losing result overall. It seems more robust and a bit more complicated than I remember, but they kept my mixes around (if only I could remember which ones I liked the best).

Today, I tried the free race of the day (8th Race at Parx) on my phone (that is convenient) and managed to have the :3: and :6: at the top of my picks. Since they had reasonable ML odds, I placed $2 on each and boxed them with the favorite for an exacta. I forgot about it and went about my day. Imagine my surprise this evening when I saw that the winner was the :3: who paid $52.00 and an $84.40 exacta.

I think this was a bit more luck than I would have liked since I had trouble moving the sliders on my phone and did fewer factors than normal, but I seem to recall that closely tuning the tool creates very chalky picks while leaving out some factors can direct you to horses you may overlook.

Is there a way to tell MixMaker to tune for ROI instead of winners?

fmazur
07-03-2019, 03:15 PM
Is there a way to tell MixMaker to tune for ROI instead of winners?

Yes, there is. I have found that if you can think of anything data related, Betmix can handle it. Look at the ROI column in the attached file, where I sorted by best ROI. It shows you the positive ROIs.
Click on the image to expand the size for easier reading.

fmazur
07-03-2019, 03:41 PM
Today, I tried the free race of the day (8th Race at Parx) on my phone (that is convenient) and managed to have the :3: and :6: at the top of my picks. Since they had reasonable ML odds, I placed $2 on each and boxed them with the favorite for an exacta. I forgot about it and went about my day. Imagine my surprise this evening when I saw that the winner was the :3: who paid $52.00 and an $84.40 exacta.

Nice hit. I am amazed the #3 paid so well. Betmix really liked him.

fmazur
07-03-2019, 05:29 PM
Another way to get ROIs in Betmix.

FocusWiz
07-03-2019, 08:17 PM
Another way to get ROIs in Betmix.Thanks for your responses. This is certainly a valid way to find this. However, I remember tuning things years ago and trying to find ways to increase the ROI column rather than improve the Win%. It still has tune for First Place or Trifecta. I seem to recall suggesting to them that tuning for ROI might be a good alternative. However, that being said, I found when using QuickHorse (which has that feature) that a single longshot win (which could be a result of a disqualification or other issue) can cause a "mix" to look good from that perspective even though this might be the only time that particular combination would pay off.I am amazed the #3 paid so well. Betmix really liked him.I really did not look closely until after the race, but I also would not have expected those odds. I certainly would not have discarded the horse on my first pass through the past performances.

I appreciate your posts. Thanks!

lefty359
07-09-2019, 02:43 PM
I played mostly GP Sun and 2 races from Ellis. Had some nice winners but was topped off by a $42.00 winner in 11th race at GP. The horse won easily.
Great program.

fmazur
07-09-2019, 03:22 PM
I played mostly GP Sun and 2 races from Ellis. Had some nice winners but was topped off by a $42.00 winner in 11th race at GP. The horse won easily.
Great program.

Betmix can get some really good ones. I bet the #7 and #8 in this race as both
were playable long shots. This is where Betmix works best.

fmazur
07-09-2019, 03:47 PM
Betmix makes it easy to find price plays as they list the 10 most likely to produce these wins. Here are their top L.S. races for July 7th along with the winning payoffs. As you can see, a lot of nice pays and only one favorite.

LONGSHOT RACES (JUL. 7)
TRACK RACE DISTANCE CLASS LS SCORE
Woodbine 7 8F Turf Claiming 43--14.90

Woodbine 4 9F Turf Mdn_Claimer 39--42.60

Gulfstream Park 11 7.5F Turf Mdn_Sp_Wt 39--44.00

Gulfstream Park 7 7.5F Turf Claiming 38--20.20

Woodbine 11 8.5F Turf Allowance 37--26.60

Laurel Park 6 8F Turf Claiming 36-- 8.80

Woodbine 6 5F Dirt Allowance 35--12.40

Woodbine 8 7.5F Turf Claiming 35--15.40

Laurel Park 5 5.5F Turf Claiming 35--14.60

Belmont Park 6 6F Turf Mdn_Claimer 34-- 3.40

mikesal57
07-09-2019, 05:22 PM
Betmix makes it easy to find price plays as they list the 10 most likely to produce these wins. Here are their top L.S. races for July 7th along with the winning payoffs. As you can see, a lot of nice pays and only one favorite.

LONGSHOT RACES (JUL. 7)
Woodbine 7 8F Turf Claiming 43--14.90

Woodbine 4 9F Turf Mdn_Claimer 39--42.60

Gulfstream Park 11 7.5F Turf Mdn_Sp_Wt 39--44.00

Gulfstream Park 7 7.5F Turf Claiming 38--20.20

Woodbine 11 8.5F Turf Allowance 37--26.60

Laurel Park 6 8F Turf Claiming 36-- 8.80

Woodbine 6 5F Dirt Allowance 35--12.40

Woodbine 8 7.5F Turf Claiming 35--15.40

Laurel Park 5 5.5F Turf Claiming 35--14.60

Belmont Park 6 6F Turf Mdn_Claimer 34-- 3.40

Yes.... systems can pick long shots....but how much money went into these...ROI's anyone?

lefty359
07-09-2019, 05:52 PM
My ROI since I stared to bet these, is a little over 100&

fmazur
07-09-2019, 07:58 PM
Yes.... systems can pick long shots....but how much money went into these...ROI's anyone?

Betmix is not a system. The races I posted merely informed me that there is likely to be a long shot winner. I do not play exacts, but there are some huge scores. Here are the July 9th Betmix L.S. races with win and exacta prices.
There are two races (5th & 8th) not yet run at Mountaineer.

LONGSHOT RACES (JUL. 9)
Indiana Grand 3 8F Turf Allowance 40--79.00/1148.20
Parx Racing 4 6F Dirt Claiming 39--16.00/96.80
Indiana Grand 7 8.5F Turf Allowance 38--29.80/185.60
Indiana Grand 6 5.5F Dirt Mdn_Sp_Wt 36-- 3.80/14.00
Mountaineer 8 5.5F Dirt Claiming 34--
Mountaineer 5 5.5F Dirt Claiming 32--
Louisiana Downs 7 8.3F Dirt Mdn_Claimer 31-- 7.20/82.80
Indiana Grand 4 5.5F Dirt Allowance 31--31.80/174.60
Parx Racing 2 5F Dirt Mdn_Claimer 31--17.80/108.00
Parx Racing 5 7.5F Dirt Claiming 30-- 4.80/14.60

mikesal57
07-09-2019, 08:37 PM
My ROI since I stared to bet these, is a little over 100&

:headbanger:

I would figure your system hopping is finally over ?

lefty359
07-11-2019, 12:00 PM
Mike, it's never over. But these days there are precious few handicapping softwares left. I have tried most of them. So it may be close to over now that I'm using RDSS and Betmix.

mikesal57
07-11-2019, 12:38 PM
Mike, it's never over. But these days there are precious few handicapping softwares left. I have tried most of them. So it may be close to over now that I'm using RDSS and Betmix.

:ThmbUp:

azeri98
12-06-2019, 06:13 PM
Does anyone know if the monthly subscription rolls over or do you have to rejoin. If it rolls over, How do you cancel?

Partsnut
12-06-2019, 07:11 PM
Does anyone know if the monthly subscription rolls over or do you have to rejoin. If it rolls over, How do you cancel?

I am a yearly BetMix subscriber.. I don't believe that the monthly subscription rolls over but I would write to: dave@betmix.com and tell him what you're intentions are and what you would like. He will always answer you within 24 hours.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

fmazur Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/images/buttons/green/viewpost.gif (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2489453#post2489453)

Betmix is not a system. The races I posted merely informed me that there is likely to be a long shot winner. I do not play exacts, but there are some huge scores. Here are the July 9th Betmix L.S. races with win and exacta prices.
There are two races (5th & 8th) not yet run at Mountaineer.

LONGSHOT RACES (JUL. 9)
Indiana Grand 3 8F Turf Allowance 40--79.00/1148.20
Parx Racing 4 6F Dirt Claiming 39--16.00/96.80
Indiana Grand 7 8.5F Turf Allowance 38--29.80/185.60
Indiana Grand 6 5.5F Dirt Mdn_Sp_Wt 36-- 3.80/14.00
Mountaineer 8 5.5F Dirt Claiming 34--
Mountaineer 5 5.5F Dirt Claiming 32--
Louisiana Downs 7 8.3F Dirt Mdn_Claimer 31-- 7.20/82.80
Indiana Grand 4 5.5F Dirt Allowance 31--31.80/174.60
Parx Racing 2 5F Dirt Mdn_Claimer 31--17.80/108.00
Parx Racing 5 7.5F Dirt Claiming 30-- 4.80/14.60

------------------------------------------------------------------------
BetMix is probably the best value in horse racing.
I have used a lot of different softwares but I will state, unequivocally,that BetMix is far and away the best of all.
I say this and can back up what I say. Please see attached files.
I have some more proof if you need it. It takes a lot of work but for me being retired and with lot's of free time, It's well worth the effort. It is a very diverse and technologically efficient multi faceted application that will work if given the time and betting discipline to be successful at the game.

Partsnut
12-06-2019, 07:41 PM
Here's some more recent results with BetMix.

Partsnut
12-06-2019, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by mikesal57 http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/images/buttons/green/viewpost.gif (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2489453#post2489453)

Just 3 bets at the beginning of this month gave me a whole month worth of ROI.

Appy
12-10-2019, 05:37 PM
I know Partsnut has been around the game and investigating software programs a long time. If you're looking for something to try and he says it's worth looking into, I'd look into it.
I love looking at different software programs, especially with great programs becoming outdated as technology marches onward. It never hurts to keep an open mind.

Partsnut
12-10-2019, 06:20 PM
I know Partsnut has been around the game and investigating software programs a long time. If you're looking for something to try and he says it's worth looking into, I'd look into it.
I love looking at different software programs, especially with great programs becoming outdated as technology marches onward. It never hurts to keep an open mind.

I appreciate your comment.
I am and have Beta tested some new and future additions to BetMix and can honestly say that I was overly and happily impressed
with what I was fortunate enough to be testing. I am not at liberty to mention the new features but I expect Dave Williams will be releasing them shortly. One thing I will say is that these technologically advanced features additionally enhance and far surpass any horse racing software or application I have seen or had the pleasure of using. To my mind, BetMix is horseplayers dream.

Sea Hero
12-12-2019, 10:32 PM

I can answer that. You get automatically billed every month unless you ask Dave not to auto bill you. You cancel by emailing Dave to cancel. He cancels it without any question or objection.

I never got Bitmix to work for me, but somebody else could do very well with it.

azeri98
12-29-2019, 09:07 PM
I can answer that. You get automatically billed every month unless you ask Dave not to auto bill you. You cancel by emailing Dave to cancel. He cancels it without any question or objection.

I never got Bitmix to work for me, but somebody else could do very well with it.

Thanks

Short Ass Sam
07-22-2022, 09:57 PM
That is the point of Betmix. The mix I used had the winner in the top 3 75% of the time and the top 4 84%. This was over the last 80 races of that type i.e Turf Alw. for the 8th and Turf claimer for the 9th. The mixes narrow down the contenders.

I use Betmix mainly for all the back data it provides and allows you to manipulate. It has data going back to 2012.

One of my quick handicapping plays, in the race below #4 #7 and #9 all show early speed. I now look for an off the pace horse. In this case, I did have the winner at 13.20 and no it doesn't always work out that way.

Attachments are from Betmix data show how the race should set up and the results.

I don't play the races like I used to but when I found BetMix I couldn't stop going through it all, creating mixes, searching back for jock/trainer combos etc but my number one go to in the end was PPView and always will be when I get at it at again at some point.

I would copy it and paste it to EXCEL and highlight the things that were important to me first then I would go looking at rest of what's available. When I play again, BetMix is getting my $$$.

Add to that, Dave Williams knows how to treat customers. Anytime I had a question he would respond back so fast and we even did a ZOOM with me once when I had a question.

Best to all

geroge.burns99
07-23-2022, 06:56 AM
I don't play the races like I used to but when I found BetMix I couldn't stop going through it all, creating mixes, searching back for jock/trainer combos etc but my number one go to in the end was PPView and always will be when I get at it at again at some point.

I would copy it and paste it to EXCEL and highlight the things that were important to me first then I would go looking at rest of what's available. When I play again, BetMix is getting my $$$.

Add to that, Dave Williams knows how to treat customers. Anytime I had a question he would respond back so fast and we even did a ZOOM with me once when I had a question.

Best to all

Thx for bringing up a 3 year old post....;)

Nobody talks much about this anymore...

I did sit in with Bill and watched him work it.....

Its a nice program that you can learn lots of stuff with it...

Right off the bat , you have years of back data to work with ...

The big Commercial software on here gives to about a month back data unless you buy more at a steep price for a years worth . So your stuck for a few months till you build up the database

Researching and building Angles was easy after watching his many tutorials

another big plus as the other guys are not up to par on this...

And theres the price ...$50 per month or 500 for the year....Half of what the other guys go for....

IMO ...a great way to start off and just might be your goto for a while

Partsnut
07-23-2022, 12:00 PM
geroge.burns99;2818983]Thx for bringing up a 3 year old post....;)

"Nobody talks much about this anymore...

I did sit in with Bill and watched him work it.....

Its a nice program that you can learn lots of stuff with it...

Right off the bat , you have years of back data to work with" ...

Hi George,

It was a pleasure showing you the features of BetMix.
You are and will always be a good friend of mine.

It was a great tool and I enjoyed using it for quite a while

However, I am no longer using BetMix. I found that in my situation and for my purposes, It was no longer the progressive tool that it was initially meant to be.

When the Stronach group bought BetMix it appeared to me that the focus of BetMix was now dedicated towards the improvement and creation of a it's tote board and wagering app. This was very understandable to me. because like everything else, it's all about the money

As far as I was concerned, promises of adding new features such as auto creation of mixes and an improved long-shot module never happened. In fact and as far as I know, nothing much has been done for the past couple of years to further enhance the app.

I recently reached out to Dave Williams and also tried to call him to ask him what possible features, if any, would be added to BetMix and got no response. It was my hope that there would be something that would cause me to re-subscribe but his inaction caused me to look elsewhere. Happily, I tried Stats Race Lens and with their frequent promotions, I was prompted to subscribe for a full year. For those that are unfamiliar with Stats Race Lens, they are part of Equibase, the sole supplier to all of the other data suppliers currently offering data products to the horse racing public. Who else would have the best and most accurate numbers available? Just the Stats Race Lens racing form format where the user can adapt the racing form to there own specifications and their adaptable True Odds Module is well worth the subscription price. You also have the ability to create spot plays and angles which appear in various places and notify you as they occur. I also appreciate There friendly, helpful and courteous customer service. There are many instructional videos and assistance when needed from experts such as Ellis Starr (Ubercapper) who is a member of this site.

It's all there for the serious player.:ThmbUp:

geroge.burns99
07-23-2022, 12:24 PM
Hi George,

It was a pleasure showing you the features of BetMix.
You are and will always be a good friend of mine.

It was a great tool and I enjoyed using it for quite a while

However, I am no longer using BetMix. I found that in my situation and for my purposes, It was no longer the progressive tool that it was initially meant to be.

When the Stronach group bought BetMix it appeared to me that the focus of BetMix was now dedicated towards the improvement and creation of a it's tote board and wagering app. This was very understandable to me. because like everything else, it's all about the money

As far as I was concerned, promises of adding new features such as auto creation of mixes and an improved long-shot module never happened. In fact and as far as I know, nothing much has been done for the past couple of years to further enhance the app.

I recently reached out to Dave Williams and also tried to call him to ask him what possible features, if any, would be added to BetMix and got no response. It was my hope that there would be something that would cause me to re-subscribe but his inaction caused me to look elsewhere. Happily, I tried Stats Race Lens and with their frequent promotions, I was prompted to subscribe for a full year. For those that are unfamiliar with Stats Race Lens, they are part of Equibase, the sole supplier to all of the other data suppliers currently offering data products to the horse racing public. Who else would have the best and most accurate numbers available? Just the Stats Race Lens racing form format where the user can adapt the racing form to there own specifications and their adaptable True Odds Module is well worth the subscription price. You also have the ability to create spot plays and angles which appear in various places and notify you as they occur. I also appreciate There friendly, helpful and courteous customer service. There are many instructional videos and assistance when needed from experts such as Ellis Starr (Ubercapper) who is a member of this site.

Stop that Bill...you know I'm not Geroge....

As for Stats Race Lens.....I message a few guys that were in the tournament and a few mentioned that....

I'd like to watch over you again....

I'll message you my Cell as I got rid of the land line probably after we last talked...

Mike

Partsnut
07-23-2022, 12:38 PM
Mike,

Not a problem.

Bill

fmazur
07-23-2022, 02:57 PM
I am still using Betmix, now in my 5th year. I make bets almost every day.
Here are my automatic plays for today.

Partsnut
07-23-2022, 05:47 PM

Hi Frank,

I'm not taking away anything from BetMix. It's a good app.
I know you do very well with it.
However, It's just not progressive and consistent enough for me.
The work needed for me to achieve the meaningful result I wished to accomplish was more then I wished to expend . Plainly speaking, It was not worth the effort. I find that Stats Race Lens is a far better mousetrap.
Of course, I respect your opinion. If you are happy with what you are using, then by all means, keep on using it.;)

lefty359
07-23-2022, 07:03 PM
fmazur,What is your win pctg and R.0.I?

geroge.burns99
07-23-2022, 09:13 PM

Nice .....5 years is an accomplishment and devotion in these days

I'm a little over 2 years with HTR.....

Been posting my Spot Plays this week to show that well thought out systems can be created...

Heres todays ...I was at even money by the first couple of plays...

Saturday Jul 23 2022

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post TRK Pn Horse MLO KLine DIST CLA EPR VI #H LAY (K)-r Spot# AML Tote $WIN $PLA $SHO Date
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11:30 ELP-01 #7 Indicia 8/1 5.0 8.0T SOC 094 36 07 050 102 3 002 5/1 0.0 07/23/2022
11:30 ELP-01 #7 Indicia 8/1 5.0 8.0T SOC 094 36 07 050 102 3 009 5/1 0.0 07/23/2022
12:27 MTH-02 #7 Freedom 6/1 10.7 5.5D MSW 093 27 08P FTS 096 5 004 5/1 0.0 07/23/2022
12:54 ELP-04 #7 The Pen 12/1 15.3 7.0D C30 099 37 06 099 088 6 001 8/1 0.0 07/23/2022
13:00 WO-01 #6 Nantuck 9/2 4.2 9.0T CLF 102 35 06 063 105 3 009 4/1 0.0 07/23/2022
13:05 iSAR-01 #8 Mo's Tr 12/1 9.6 8.5T MSW 098 25 10 021 096 5 010 9/1 0.0 07/23/2022
13:05 iSAR-01 #8 Mo's Tr 12/1 9.6 8.5T MSW 098 25 10 021 096 5 014 9/1 0.0 07/23/2022
13:22 ELP-05 #2 Sailor' 5/1 4.9 8.5T M50 096 24 11 035 101 2 009 7/2 0.0 07/23/2022
13:22 MTH-04 #7 Irish D 8/1 6.6 8.3D NW1 099 27 09 111 100 4 010 9/1 0.0 07/23/2022
13:52 MTH-05 #13 Minneso 10/1 35.2 8.0T C12 098 18 13 013 081 8 010 9/1 0.0 07/23/2022
13:52 MTH-05 #12 On the 4/1 5.3 8.0T C12 098 18 13 049 100 3 009 4/1 0.0 07/23/2022
14:00 DEL-04 #7 Stormy 10/1 6.6 8.0D C12 094 26 08 015 096 4 010 8/1 0.0 07/23/2022
14:33 WO-04 #2 Bringer 4/1 3.4 10.0T MSW 099 28 11 028 106 2 015 3/1 0.0 07/23/2022
14:43 iSAR-04 #5 Heringt 8/1 8.0 8.0T MSW 101 28 09 049 100 4 009 6/1 0.0 07/23/2022
14:46 ELP-08 #7 Shoshon 8/1 3.3 8.0D NW1 099 31 07 025 102 1 002 8/1 0.0 07/23/2022
15:00 GP-06 #5 Blessed 12/1 7.6 8.0D C06 097 25 08 042 095 4 002 5/1 0.0 07/23/2022
15:10 iWO-05 #3 Moqadam *5/2 2.3 8.5T NW1 101 30 09 027 109 1 009 2/1 0.0 07/23/2022
15:43 WO-06 #1 Cairo C 8/1 10.1 6.5T MSW 096 27 11 021 098 5 014 7/1 0.0 07/23/2022
15:51 SAR-06 #5 Powerfu 9/2 8.4 6.0D MSW 098 24 09 FTS 101 5 004 7/2 0.0 07/23/2022
16:42 GP-09 #5 Meetmei 4/1 3.3 6.5D NW1 101 39 07 024 107 2 012 7/2 0.0 07/23/2022
17:01 SAR-08 #3 Prisone 8/1 8.8 6.0D NW1 106 33 08 043 099 5 012 7/1 0.0 07/23/2022
17:32 DMR-02 #7 Shemake *2/1 1.8 6.5D M20 090 42 06P 021 112+1 016 7/5 0.0 07/23/2022
18:34 DMR-04 #11 Halosnh *5/2 3.3 5.0D MSW 096 25 10 FTS 107 1 004 2/1 0.0 07/23/2022
18:34 DMR-04 #2 Flying 12/1 15.9 5.0D MSW 096 25 10 FTS 093 7 004 9/1 0.0 07/23/2022
18:34 DMR-04 #11 Halosnh *5/2 3.3 5.0D MSW 096 25 10 FTS 107 1 011 2/1 0.0 07/23/2022
18:47 iSAR-11 #8 Catch T *9/5 3.3 8.5T STR 101 30 11 022 105 2 009 9/5 0.0 07/23/2022
19:04 DMR-05 #6 Sydney 5/1 8.6 8.5T NW1 103 26 12 192 100 5 004 4/1 0.0 07/23/2022
19:34 DMR-06 #8 Sumo *8/5 1.8 6.5D C16 100 30 10P 168 112+1 004 1/1 0.0 07/23/2022
19:34 DMR-06 #8 Sumo *8/5 1.8 6.5D C16 099 30 10P 168 112+1 011 1/1 0.0 07/23/2022
20:34 DMR-08 #6 The Big *8/5 2.7 5.0D MSWs 095 36 10P 079 108 1 015 6/5 0.0 07/23/2022
20:46 EVD-06 #2 Guitarz *2/1 6.7 8.0D C05s 095 31 07 050 101 4 015 9/5 0.0 07/23/2022
21:13 EVD-07 #7 Beachco 5/1 5.5 8.0T CLF 098 28 10 069 100 2 009 6/1 0.0 07/23/2022
22:02 CT-07 #2 Free Sa 20/1 33.3 7.0D STKs 102 37 08P 042 083 8 004 9/1 0.0 07/23/2022
22:04 DMR-11 #6 Bellabe *4/1 2.9 8.0T GR2 104 21 12 202 106 1 001 5/1 0.0 07/23/2022
23:59 LA-04 #2 Equipo 8/1 6.7 2.5D C05 093 32 07 013 099 4 010 7/1 0.0 07/23/2022

Plays: 35 Bets: 0 Wins= 0 ITM= 0 WROI= 0.00 PROI= 0.00

Mike

geroge.burns99
07-24-2022, 07:23 AM
Nice .....5 years is an accomplishment and devotion in these days

I'm a little over 2 years with HTR.....

Been posting my Spot Plays this week to show that well thought out systems can be created...

Heres todays ...I was at even money by the first couple of plays...

Saturday Jul 23 2022

Post TRK Pn Horse MLO KLine DIST CLA EPR VI #H LAY (K)-r Spot# AML Tote $WIN $PLA $SHO Date
11:30 ELP-01 #7 Indicia 8/1 5.0 8.0T SOC 094 36 07 050 102 3 002 5/1 0.0 07/23/2022
11:30 ELP-01 #7 Indicia 8/1 5.0 8.0T SOC 094 36 07 050 102 3 009 5/1 0.0 07/23/2022
12:27 MTH-02 #7 Freedom 6/1 10.7 5.5D MSW 093 27 08P FTS 096 5 004 5/1 0.0 07/23/2022
12:54 ELP-04 #7 The Pen 12/1 15.3 7.0D C30 099 37 06 099 088 6 001 8/1 0.0 07/23/2022
13:00 WO-01 #6 Nantuck 9/2 4.2 9.0T CLF 102 35 06 063 105 3 009 4/1 0.0 07/23/2022
13:05 iSAR-01 #8 Mo's Tr 12/1 9.6 8.5T MSW 098 25 10 021 096 5 010 9/1 0.0 07/23/2022
13:05 iSAR-01 #8 Mo's Tr 12/1 9.6 8.5T MSW 098 25 10 021 096 5 014 9/1 0.0 07/23/2022
13:22 ELP-05 #2 Sailor' 5/1 4.9 8.5T M50 096 24 11 035 101 2 009 7/2 0.0 07/23/2022
13:22 MTH-04 #7 Irish D 8/1 6.6 8.3D NW1 099 27 09 111 100 4 010 9/1 0.0 07/23/2022
13:52 MTH-05 #13 Minneso 10/1 35.2 8.0T C12 098 18 13 013 081 8 010 9/1 0.0 07/23/2022
13:52 MTH-05 #12 On the 4/1 5.3 8.0T C12 098 18 13 049 100 3 009 4/1 0.0 07/23/2022
14:00 DEL-04 #7 Stormy 10/1 6.6 8.0D C12 094 26 08 015 096 4 010 8/1 0.0 07/23/2022
14:33 WO-04 #2 Bringer 4/1 3.4 10.0T MSW 099 28 11 028 106 2 015 3/1 0.0 07/23/2022
14:43 iSAR-04 #5 Heringt 8/1 8.0 8.0T MSW 101 28 09 049 100 4 009 6/1 0.0 07/23/2022
14:46 ELP-08 #7 Shoshon 8/1 3.3 8.0D NW1 099 31 07 025 102 1 002 8/1 0.0 07/23/2022
15:00 GP-06 #5 Blessed 12/1 7.6 8.0D C06 097 25 08 042 095 4 002 5/1 0.0 07/23/2022
15:10 iWO-05 #3 Moqadam *5/2 2.3 8.5T NW1 101 30 09 027 109 1 009 2/1 0.0 07/23/2022
15:43 WO-06 #1 Cairo C 8/1 10.1 6.5T MSW 096 27 11 021 098 5 014 7/1 0.0 07/23/2022
15:51 SAR-06 #5 Powerfu 9/2 8.4 6.0D MSW 098 24 09 FTS 101 5 004 7/2 0.0 07/23/2022
16:42 GP-09 #5 Meetmei 4/1 3.3 6.5D NW1 101 39 07 024 107 2 012 7/2 0.0 07/23/2022
17:01 SAR-08 #3 Prisone 8/1 8.8 6.0D NW1 106 33 08 043 099 5 012 7/1 0.0 07/23/2022
17:32 DMR-02 #7 Shemake *2/1 1.8 6.5D M20 090 42 06P 021 112+1 016 7/5 0.0 07/23/2022
18:34 DMR-04 #11 Halosnh *5/2 3.3 5.0D MSW 096 25 10 FTS 107 1 004 2/1 0.0 07/23/2022
18:34 DMR-04 #2 Flying 12/1 15.9 5.0D MSW 096 25 10 FTS 093 7 004 9/1 0.0 07/23/2022
18:34 DMR-04 #11 Halosnh *5/2 3.3 5.0D MSW 096 25 10 FTS 107 1 011 2/1 0.0 07/23/2022
18:47 iSAR-11 #8 Catch T *9/5 3.3 8.5T STR 101 30 11 022 105 2 009 9/5 0.0 07/23/2022
19:04 DMR-05 #6 Sydney 5/1 8.6 8.5T NW1 103 26 12 192 100 5 004 4/1 0.0 07/23/2022
19:34 DMR-06 #8 Sumo *8/5 1.8 6.5D C16 100 30 10P 168 112+1 004 1/1 0.0 07/23/2022
19:34 DMR-06 #8 Sumo *8/5 1.8 6.5D C16 099 30 10P 168 112+1 011 1/1 0.0 07/23/2022
20:34 DMR-08 #6 The Big *8/5 2.7 5.0D MSWs 095 36 10P 079 108 1 015 6/5 0.0 07/23/2022
20:46 EVD-06 #2 Guitarz *2/1 6.7 8.0D C05s 095 31 07 050 101 4 015 9/5 0.0 07/23/2022
21:13 EVD-07 #7 Beachco 5/1 5.5 8.0T CLF 098 28 10 069 100 2 009 6/1 0.0 07/23/2022
22:02 CT-07 #2 Free Sa 20/1 33.3 7.0D STKs 102 37 08P 042 083 8 004 9/1 0.0 07/23/2022
22:04 DMR-11 #6 Bellabe *4/1 2.9 8.0T GR2 104 21 12 202 106 1 001 5/1 0.0 07/23/2022
23:59 LA-04 #2 Equipo 8/1 6.7 2.5D C05 093 32 07 013 099 4 010 7/1 0.0 07/23/2022

Plays: 35 Bets: 0 Wins= 0 ITM= 0 WROI= 0.00 PROI= 0.00

Mike

Ended up with a 2.01 ROI on the day :)

ubercapper
07-25-2022, 12:18 PM
Hi George,

Thanks for the kind words. BTW It's just Race Lens now as the partnership with STATS ended earlier this year.

BarchCapper
07-25-2022, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the kind words. BTW It's just Race Lens now as the partnership with STATS ended earlier this year.

Was not aware of that change. I returned to Race Lens in June, but haven't noticed anything dramatically different so far. Going forward, will it be just a "legacy" product, without further development?

lefty359
07-31-2022, 07:02 PM
Took a look at Free race yesterday, It was DMR 9
today looked at free race and it was still yesterday's but it was SAR 7.
What?

ubercapper
08-01-2022, 11:22 AM
Was not aware of that change. I returned to Race Lens in June, but haven't noticed anything dramatically different so far. Going forward, will it be just a "legacy" product, without further development?

There are plans for development, based on customer suggestions over the past year or so as well as using some of the metrics GPS can provide (not necessarily but possibly - MPH, Stride Length, Stride Frequency, etc..). If you have suggestions send to racelensfeedback@equibase.com

ubercapper
08-01-2022, 11:24 AM
Took a look at Free race yesterday, It was DMR 9
today looked at free race and it was still yesterday's but it was SAR 7.
What?

The race may change at 9 pm pacific but I'm not sure and what you're reporting is odd behavior. If you see this again please send screenshots (including timestamp) to racelensfeedback@equibase.com

BarchCapper
08-01-2022, 01:01 PM
There are plans for development, based on customer suggestions over the past year or so as well as using some of the metrics GPS can provide (not necessarily but possibly - MPH, Stride Length, Stride Frequency, etc..). If you have suggestions send to racelensfeedback@equibase.com

Intriguing! Thanks as always for the response, especially since this slid off the topic of the original poster.

Tom
08-02-2022, 10:47 PM
What are you guys most interested in with Race Lens?
Looking at the program tonight, the True Odds look interesting to me.

geroge.burns99
08-03-2022, 04:38 AM
What are you guys most interested in with Race Lens?
Looking at the program tonight, the True Odds look interesting to me.

I'd like to see a few races where a price horse won...

andicap
08-05-2022, 11:53 AM
Ended up with a 2.01 ROI on the day :)

Mike
Do you feel you need to use Access to find good spot plays in HTR?

geroge.burns99
08-05-2022, 01:23 PM
Mike
Do you feel you need to use Access to find good spot plays in HTR?

I do get a full picture ,since HTR allows you to use only Ranks 1 & 2....

And there factors that are NOT in Robot but in the exports

Also Regression Analysis is important to me that I do in Excel

Yes, I do use Robot and Access and Excel in my research....

I export stuff every day

lefty359
08-05-2022, 09:20 PM
What's the BETMIX email? Don't see it on site.

geroge.burns99
08-05-2022, 10:23 PM
What's the BETMIX email? Don't see it on site.

dave@betmix.com

lefty359
08-06-2022, 03:43 PM
Thanks, Mike.
Her responded fast

geroge.burns99
08-06-2022, 08:32 PM
Thanks, Mike.
Her responded fast

Anytime Left.....

I watched over Bill yesterday and wasn't that impressed with Stats ....

There was a high point in their Win % Selections but there has to be more than that

BetMix , IMO, has more functionality and a more thorough way of digging deep into researching

It was a quick look and Bill had it only a month , so there could be things I didn't see...

But there are videos that will show more

Partsnut
08-07-2022, 09:15 AM
Mike,

I have used both BetMix and Race Lens. There are things I like about both applications. However, and from what I am recently seeing and from some of the results I've been getting and the success rate I am enjoying, my preference would be Race Lens hands down.
The accuracy, simplicity and flexibility of the Race Lens numbers cannot be matched. In my opinion, It is an excellent handicapping device.
It offers one the ability to become a more creative handicapper.
It allows one to think outside the box and offers the ability to confirm or dismiss ones conclusions.

I would be happy to consult and compare notes with other Race Lens users.

geroge.burns99
08-07-2022, 04:02 PM
Mike,

I have used both BetMix and Race Lens. There are things I like about both applications. However, and from what I am recently seeing and from some of the results I've been getting and the success rate I am enjoying, my preference would be Race Lens hands down.
The accuracy, simplicity and flexibility of the Race Lens numbers cannot be matched. In my opinion, It is an excellent handicapping device.
It offers one the ability to become a more creative handicapper.
It allows one to think outside the box and offers the ability to confirm or dismiss ones conclusions.

I would be happy to consult and compare notes with other Race Lens users.

Thxs Bill for the look over....

I'll watch some videos and you can play around with it some more...

we'll discuss more down the road if I see anything worthy

Mike

geroge.burns99
08-11-2022, 02:02 PM
Well, I know Bill will disagree with me but I'd prefer BetMix

IMO I believe Stats Lens is a glorified PP......

It has of course PP's and a few angles on it like Bris Prime PDF @ Twinspires for free

You can click a line a watch the race replay in the program ..no big deal

But this is all in well if you like handicapping from the PP's , most don't

As for the "Angles"

If you can understand this statement then you know where its coming from

With Angles YOU have to be the driving force start one....

Your the one that creates the angle then you have to test it

It can be good or bad or use less...then you start all over again...

Not like some software where you can pick a few criteria's and then hit begin

and get a cumulative report on what you can go forward with....

The disappointing part of Stats is the $129/Month price

With BetMix at $50 , there's much more value

You can watch this video ....at the 36 minute mark you can see how angles are done...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR-qVY2MPLE

BarchCapper
08-11-2022, 04:08 PM
The disappointing part of Stats is the $129/Month price

With BetMix at $50 , there's much more value

You can watch this video ....at the 36 minute mark you can see how angles are done...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR-qVY2MPLE

Should be noted that Race Lens, though it does have the $129/month "sticker" price, also has the $299 quarterly ($100/month) and $999 yearly ($83+/month), which are further augmented by frequent advertised discounts to those "standard" packages which I've seen as large as 40% (which brings a yearly down to $50/month). These discounts are almost always available to both new and existing subscribers. That makes it nice because if your subscription is running, but a promo comes up that will expire before your sub runs out, you can take advantage of it, and your sub will be extended the appropriate amount of time.

The most recent promo I used was a Triple Crown promo, where they were offering $99 for a 3 month subscription ($33/month). The promo was valid for signing up until Belmont Stakes day, so I resubscribed Belmont week, and the subscription will carry me through all of Saratoga and Del Mar.

Bet Mix may have similar promos making theirs better than the $50/month, $500/year also.

geroge.burns99
08-11-2022, 06:32 PM
Should be noted that Race Lens, though it does have the $129/month "sticker" price, also has the $299 quarterly ($100/month) and $999 yearly ($83+/month), which are further augmented by frequent advertised discounts to those "standard" packages which I've seen as large as 40% (which brings a yearly down to $50/month). These discounts are almost always available to both new and existing subscribers. That makes it nice because if your subscription is running, but a promo comes up that will expire before your sub runs out, you can take advantage of it, and your sub will be extended the appropriate amount of time.

The most recent promo I used was a Triple Crown promo, where they were offering $99 for a 3 month subscription ($33/month). The promo was valid for signing up until Belmont Stakes day, so I resubscribed Belmont week, and the subscription will carry me through all of Saratoga and Del Mar.

Bet Mix may have similar promos making theirs better than the $50/month, $500/year also.

BC....

thxs for the promos that come out...

I would like to hear more from people using it for a while to contradict my opinion.....

This is for andicap on the HTR stuff I worked on...came in 12-11

I hid the factors I'm using ;)

BarchCapper
08-12-2022, 12:01 PM
BC....

thxs for the promos that come out...

I would like to hear more from people using it for a while to contradict my opinion.....

You're welcome! I know I've found it useful. RaceLens has contributed to my profitable periods over the past couple of years as I returned to the game after a long hiatus.

I don't know that anyone needs to contradict your opinion though - we all are most comfortable with different approaches/methodologies to handicapping. Sounds like BetMix and/or HTR are good for you. RaceLens is up my alley. I will be looking at the angles video you mentioned - always want to stay open to different approaches!

geroge.burns99
08-12-2022, 12:15 PM
You're welcome! I know I've found it useful. RaceLens has contributed to my profitable periods over the past couple of years as I returned to the game after a long hiatus.

I don't know that anyone needs to contradict your opinion though - we all are most comfortable with different approaches/methodologies to handicapping. Sounds like BetMix and/or HTR are good for you. RaceLens is up my alley. I will be looking at the angles video you mentioned - always want to stay open to different approaches!

Appreciate the response BC....

It sounds like your a PP person and not much angle wise....????

If thats true then I understand you liking the PP part of RaceLens
Mike

BarchCapper
08-12-2022, 01:04 PM
Appreciate the response BC....

It sounds like your a PP person and not much angle wise....????

If thats true then I understand you liking the PP part of RaceLens
Mike

I have a few angles that I've created that don't "select" automatic bets for me, but quickly point out horses I want to give another look to across all the cards for the day. I also have a couple of the supplied angles activated for the same purpose.

One of my favorite uses is running quick back tests of "pronouncements" analysts make or write regarding tendencies of individual trainers/jockeys/tracks.

I also like being able to research how the progeny of statebred sires/dams do exclusively at the "home track" - AR-breds at Oaklawn/IA-breds at PRM/MN-breds at CBY, etc. That could be considered an "angle".