PDA

View Full Version : Trakus fails again

cj
06-09-2019, 11:45 AM
Nothing for the last three races on the Belmont card including the Belmont Stakes. It is amazing how often the system fails when the interest is highest.

Robert Fischer
06-09-2019, 12:01 PM
Nothing for the last three races on the Belmont card including the Belmont Stakes. It is amazing how often the system fails when the interest is highest.

:D and that (Belmont) was the best 'trakus example' race.

Tom
06-09-2019, 04:44 PM
Maybe they read me asking about the blue thing on the track and went out and removed it! :blush: :lol::lol::lol:

bobphilo
06-09-2019, 05:35 PM
Actually, the Trakus overhead view was a big help, with other sources, in deciding what kind of trip and ride Trakus got - how much was Ortiz responsible?
I must say through, that I wish that NBC would use that blimp, that they already have in the air, to give a real overhead view of the race, not just the tourist shots. I guess they figure their viewers are too dumb about racing to care about trips. They already stopped doing an isolated replay of the winner's and favorite's complete trips. Maybe someday we'll get 3 hours of fluff and a 25 seconds of stretch run.
I'll admit the extra coverage about the Derby DQ and analysis was excellent but do we need a historical 145 year first to see some good replays?
Even the TVG post race show that was supposed to be 30 minutes about the Belmont just did their usual of coverage of other races and made little more than a passing comment about the race.

classhandicapper
06-10-2019, 11:55 AM
It looks like they updated it.

cj
06-11-2019, 12:34 AM
It looks like they updated it.

Yes. Who knows how it was done, probably two guys like you and me watching video. :)

johnhenry81
06-11-2019, 07:18 AM
Yes. Who knows how it was done, probably two guys like you and me watching video. :)

or an unpaid intern....;) did take em a while.

classhandicapper
06-11-2019, 12:14 PM

Well, at least if it was us it would be accurate. ;)

Tom
06-11-2019, 01:34 PM
Electronic timing - racino taking over the timing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYUTGqea9Wk

098poi
06-11-2019, 01:41 PM
"Round and round and round she goes and where she stops only Treasure Island knows"

My first instinct is to cringe and think how stupid this is. Then I realize if I were there I'd probably say, "Can I go next?"