PDA

View Full Version : R10 Manhattan

Aerocraft67
06-08-2019, 10:53 AM
Before the Belmont Stakes we have the Chad Brown Stak—I mean the Manhattan Stakes for older horses going 10 furlongs on the turf.

As the track handicapper said, :8: Bricks and Mortar does not have to win this race. But he looks pretty legit. First go at the extra half panel is the only knock on him.

:10: Channel Maker may be a step slower at five years old. He'll need to need to work out a trip not too far back. It's hard to read where he fits running style wise. But he may be the class of the field. I'd like to see more value than second choice to do much with him.

Things get interesting with the third choice :7: Olympico. Best late run. Respectable USA debut, and may well improve on that second off the layoff. Tons of experience at 10f. Upside at four years old. Would like to see a little price here. Otherwise willing to bet he'll handle firm turf.

:3: Robert Bruce has run some hot paces lately. Distance no problem. Speed and class fit here but don't stand out. Tied for third choice and probably won't get any cheaper. Running style similar to formidable :8:. Probably one I'll perilously bet against. Call him my "can't bet them all" horse.

What to do with :4: Qurbaan? He doesn't win, especially at this distance, but usually hits the board. Otherwise has fitting class and speed. Pretty confident putting him underneath.

:1: Raging Bull didn't embarrass himself in the Turf Classic at Churchill last time out and that classy field puts him here. But he got beat by two of these there, and doesn't have much else to recommend him. Like :3:, runs a similar style as :8:. Did I mention the extra panel he has to run? Seems up against it here, but could surprise if he sustains an aggressive move. Ads blinkers, so there's that.

Seven-year-old :2: Catcho En Die laid off nearly 10 months coming into this with no angle to suggest that's favorable. It's not like he's the only one that can get the distance and looks weakest among a crowded field of mid-packers. No thanks.

:5: Channel Cat has some upside and Pletcher and experience at the distance, but he's outclassed. Maybe someone can make a longshot case for him.

The Fair Grounds Handicap puts :6: Bandua here, but that's about it. He looks to get the lead. Not sure that'll do him much good. The :4: should keep him honest. Even :1: may decide to take an early run at the lead for his shot.

I need to see some prices here but I want to do something with :4:,:7:,:10: or maybe even :1:. Basically dissimilar running styles to the :8: which will dominate those, I reckon.

Robert Fischer
06-08-2019, 12:14 PM
Deep field, made even tougher (for me) by a trainer having four entrants in the race.

At a glance, Robert Bruce is the most interesting mid-range price.

Bricks is a must 'A'. That last race he got a bad setup, and the track was soft, and he still ran down Qurbaan.

Channel Maker is somewhat scary. I could see going either way, with this guy.
Qurbaan is really good, but I'm kind of leaning against after he didn't win with the setup vs. Bricks.

The other's are tough as well.

I suppose that I'm rooting for Robert Bruce to return to past form and land a nice price, but it's a difficult betting race.

GaryG
06-08-2019, 12:35 PM
I look for Robert Bruce to make a big forward move with a race under his belt and more favorable conditions.

jay68802
06-08-2019, 12:46 PM
:9: Epical Could get loose here and at the price is worth a shot.

:8: Bricks and Mortar and the :10: Channel Maker both can win here, note that Rosario is on the :10: and not the :1:.

The :3: Robert Bruce and the :7: Olympico deserve at least a look.

Aerocraft67
06-08-2019, 12:57 PM
:9: Epical Could get loose here and at the price is worth a shot.

I thought he'd be further up front and an interesting pace factor accordingly—but he scratched.

Tom
06-08-2019, 05:17 PM
Chad has 4 out of 9 in here! That is terrible for racing. :puke:

I'll go with the :1: and :5:

Maybe Chad will let one of his price horses go to pay off his big fine.

cj
06-08-2019, 05:17 PM
Not a big fan of this race, going to give back a little of my winnings on :3: Robert Bruce. He should appreciate the firmer ground. I'll also box in the exacta with his Brown-mate :8: Bricks and Mortar. Action bets.

Tom
06-08-2019, 05:23 PM
:3: should be my second horse, but I like the odds on the :5: too much.

cutchemist42
06-08-2019, 05:27 PM
I think the :8: should be the fave but those odds are too low for me for the win. I would next look at :10: than the the :7: . I really dont think much of the :3:.

Tom
06-08-2019, 05:28 PM
Man, Twinspires is horrible today -- every time I switch to PA and
then go back, I have to reset all the tracks again.

098poi
06-08-2019, 05:32 PM
Win on :4:, :10:. Oh let's say $250 on each.

PaceAdvantage
06-08-2019, 05:33 PM
I only had to reset the tracks every couple of hours...so only once so far...

Anyway, I'm having a horrible day, so pay no attention to these longshot picks:

:6::5:

Secondbest
06-08-2019, 05:36 PM
I'm going with Qurbaan the :4: . He's the tandem with the favorite. At 10-1 worth a shot

Tee
06-08-2019, 05:37 PM
Try to get some exotics going with a longshot in the :6: Bandua.

098poi
06-08-2019, 05:44 PM
Win on :4:, :10:. Oh let's say $250 on each.

Now you see why my TS account only has 20 cents in it.

Tom
06-08-2019, 05:46 PM
Time for some more opioids!
Make it stop!
:rolleyes:

cj
06-08-2019, 05:49 PM
Not a big fan of this race, going to give back a little of my winnings on :3: Robert Bruce. He should appreciate the firmer ground. I'll also box in the exacta with his Brown-mate :8: Bricks and Mortar. Action bets.

Exacta wasn't too bad, $19.20. Irad kept his brother pinned in on Robert Bruce who was loaded. Don't know if he could have beaten the winner but it would have been close.

GMB@BP
06-08-2019, 05:49 PM
Exacta wasn't too bad, $19.20. Irad kept his brother pinned in on Robert Bruce who was loaded. Don't know if he could have beaten the winner but it would have been close.

3 had a subtle tough trip, alot like McKinzie he never got a free run, just wasnt as dramatic.

098poi
06-08-2019, 05:54 PM
I am no one to give jockey advice but Mike Smith was trying to win aggressively on the backstretch with the :4:. Zooming to a multi length lead with a lot of race left. Absurd

Robert Fischer
06-08-2019, 06:01 PM
I am no one to give jockey advice but Mike Smith was trying to win aggressively on the backstretch with the :4:. Zooming to a multi length lead with a lot of race left. Absurd

Usually I zig-zag around winning wagers, today it looked like he had the Met Mile and the Manhattan flip-flopped and zig-zagged :)

Lol, give me that trip on McKenzie...

i can kinda see trying something... Last race Qurbaan had the track and the trip significantly in his favor, and couldn't beat Bricks and Mortar.

However, it did quickly move from brilliant to blooper in the Manhattan when the field creeped back safely in touch, in unison, only moments after he used horse attempting to be smart and decisive.

Ortiz bros. were just singing this same "welcome to my house" song to Mike Smith in the Manhattan...