PDA

View Full Version : G1 R6 Belmont Jaipur 6/8/19

Lemon Drop Husker
06-07-2019, 09:48 PM
At least this race finally gets the elevation to a G1 like it deserves after dawdling in G3/G2 land.

The turf isn't quite smoking like years past, so Disco Partner or anybody that beats him likely won't break the 6F turf world record.

:1: Undrafted: I mean, you seriously have to enjoy a 9YO running in a G1 race. And he isn't a walkover no-chancer. Maybe exotics bound, but a recent bullet and a good enough record at Belmont are a tad bit interesting.

:2: Om: 2nd race as a 7YO and his form is in serious decline. His G1 win at Santa last March is likely the feather in his hat. Just not fast enough for these.

:3: Dirty: An up and comer off of a monster in his 4YO beau. Class is the question, but World of Trouble is in his back lines. Problem is he does his best work on firm turf which is never the surface at Belmont.

:4: Gidu: Working his ass off, and I guess the connections said why not for his 4YO debut. Needs to find at least 10 lengths from his prior best.

:5: Diamond Oops: 2nd time on turf, and maybe they found something? :58.2 work is impressive, but this is a hard reach.

:6: Disco Partner: World record holder at this very track, at this very distance, in this very race. Maybe on the back end of his career, but he is always dangerous here. You won't get the deserved price you want, but you can't dismiss.

:7: Belvoir Bay: West Coast invader has won 5 of his last 9, and has Graded Stakes wins to his credit. Ran just 12 days ago, so this is a quick turnaround with a ship across the country. Tough horse, but that is a tough sell as well.

:8: World of Trouble: The horse to beat, and in gate to wire fashion. He has won back to back races in the G1 7F Carter on dirt and then the G2 Churchill Turf Sprint. And before that, two wins on a sloppy track. Not much this horse can't do. Deserving favorite, and if not for a neck loss in the BC Turf Sprint, he'd be on a 7 race winning streak. Undoubtedly the horse to beat, and a single on many a horizontal ticket.

:9: Wild Shot: Well..., they are taking a shot with his first ever turf race being a sprint in G1 company. Since July of '17, his form is garbage. Reeks of a last ditch effort and not sure why he is even given the chance.

SUMMARY: Gotta beat the :8:. Or you settle with him winning and spread horizontally, or all underneath. :6::7: are the only ones that make any sense that can beat him.

Secondbest
06-07-2019, 10:44 PM
Gidu ran today and won.

Lemon Drop Husker
06-07-2019, 10:50 PM
Gidu ran today and won.

Cross him off then. :pound:

Aerocraft67
06-07-2019, 11:38 PM
I like :2: Om here. Class, late run, more forward than rival :6: Disco Partner. And arguably more in the tank than that one at seven years old. Second with trainer and route-to-sprint angles. Seems at least as inclined to sprint as route.

Only problem with :8: is the price.

Would like to see more class on the :7:.

Contention drops off after those four. Give me :2: with some :8: defensively.