PDA

View Full Version : Kerry and his "L" word

boxcar
10-05-2004, 01:04 PM
People who live in glass houses should act very slowly before casting stones at another

Kerry dearly loves using the "L" word, trying to convince the public that Bush "lied" about the war.

An online buddy of mine sent the following to me that pertains to an ad that the Kerry Campaign is currently running. The ad itself is one BIG LIE! Bush had nothing whatsoever to do with the large Medicare premium increase -- an increase that was voted on by Kerry and signed into LAW by none other than SlickWilly!

Boxcar

17% Increase in Medicare..................

Have you seen the John Kerry commercial in which George Bush pledges to help Seniors on Medicare and "the very next day imposes a 17% premium increase - the biggest in history"? That ad is a stoke of genius on Kerry's part and will surely gain him many votes among the uninformed.

I found it so amazing that I did some homework on the issue. As it turnsout the 17% increase was not imposed by President Bush but was mandated by the "balanced budget agreement" signed by President Clinton, voted into
law by Senator John Kerry, and was scheduled to come into effect during the Bush administration. President Bush had no authority to reverse what had been voted into law by Senator Kerry during the Clinton administration.

Once again Kerry is counting on the ignorance of the American people. Don't be duped by his mendacity.

Tom
10-06-2004, 10:38 PM
Boxcar, did you get the same impression from Little Johnny last night? That he was talking down to eveybody?

How many times did he say something to the effect of ,"I want to make sure everyone understands....."

boxcar
10-06-2004, 11:01 PM
Tom wrote:

Boxcar, did you get the same impression from Little Johnny last night? That he was talking down to eveybody?

How many times did he say something to the effect of ,"I want to make sure everyone understands....."

You bet! This is part 'n' parcel of Liberalism. Liberals believe deep in their hearts that Nanny Government knows best; therefore, the masses should listen up and take heed whenever a liberal political talking head speaks.

Boxcar

Buckeye
10-06-2004, 11:19 PM
Cheney brought this out last night.

"He mentioned Medicare up 17 percent, somehow that that was something we caused. No. The 17 percent increase in Medicare premiums was the direct result of a statute adopted in 1997. John Kerry voted for it.

It establishes the formula for Part B of Medicare that says, in effect, it has to cover 25 percent of the cost of the program. And the reason the money had to go into the trust fund was to make certain that we could cover those eligible for benefits."

Steve 'StatMan'
10-06-2004, 11:30 PM
Tom wrote:

Geeze, Edwards could have said a line I heard a comedian use one night "...and you're an astute audience, which means I think you're smart." :D

kenwoodallpromos
10-07-2004, 02:31 PM
Both parties try to credit their side for "ggod" stuff and dis the other side for the "bad".
They also want dictatorship for the president of whatever party they are but want tp handcuff the opposite party's president when the other side takes over.