PDA

View Full Version : I posted a winning $47k Stronach-5 ticket yesterday

Robert Fischer
06-01-2019, 01:18 PM
(Ticket #8) http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152529

Am I allowed to post this here?

bragging rights?

Mannn... this Rainbow-6 stuff is building up at Gulfstream, and we have Saratoga, and the Breeders Cup...

Only 3 people hit that Stronach-5 yesterday.

I have a few 'kinks' to work out in my ticket structure, but is rounding into form, so as to be potentially very useful to a team or big player.

"Trio Of Bettors Rewarded With $47,721 In Stronach 5

The Stronach 5 proved very rewarding to three bettors Friday as each walked away with $47,721.30.

The unique, national pick 5 kicked off with Fast Enough, a 2-year-old gelded son of Eddington making his career debut, winning the third race at Santa Anita Park. After turf races from Laurel Park and Gulfstream Park, the Stronach 5 headed back to California where the longshot Startender ($37) won the fifth race at Golden Gate Fields.

The sequence ended back at Gulfstream where Trieste, an 11-1 shot, took the ninth race.

The Stronach 5 features a $100,000 guaranteed pool and industry-low 12-percent takeout.

Friday's Stronach 5 sequence

● Leg One – Santa Anita 3rd Race – Fast Enough $7

● Leg Two – Laurel Park 9th Race – Flyingontheground $4.80

● Leg Three –Gulfstream park 7th Race – Isadorable Aida $5.20

● Leg Four –Golden Gate Fields 5th Race – Startender $37

● Leg Five –Gulfstream Park 9th Race – Trieste $24.80

The minimum wager on the multi-race, multi-track Stronach 5 is $1. If there are no tickets with five winners, the entire pool will be carried over to the next Friday.

For the Stronach 5, if a change in racing surface is made after the wagering closes, each selection on any ticket will be considered a winning selection. If a betting interest is scratched, that selection will be substituted with the favorite in the win pool when wagering closes.

The Maryland Jockey Club serves as host of the Stronach 5."

Jeff P
06-01-2019, 01:45 PM
NICE WORK!

-jp

horses4courses
06-01-2019, 02:08 PM
Very nice :ThmbUp:

I was hoping you cashed, though.

12% takeout is a great deal

Robert Fischer
06-01-2019, 02:47 PM
Very nice :ThmbUp:

I was hoping you cashed, though.

12% takeout is a great deal

Thanks , and thanks Jeff P :ThmbUp:

Bankroll is generally more in the 'Win' and 'Daily Double' zone, as opposed to these multi-race Pick-5 and Pick-6 series of tickets.

I guess, I do honestly feel a 'twinge' of disgust :D,
This would pay $35.7k to a 4th ticket... the opening day Pimlico pick-5 would be $11k,..
-but, I've been working on my play, analyzing various exotic wagers. Trial and error, along with learning as much as I can, so even 'on paper' there's some 'reward'. Even if I have happened catch a few of these decent hits lately, I understand that randomness could just as easily have me 'down'.

There's a lot of money in horse-racing.
Betting syndicates, are interesting with these bigger exotics. Claiming syndicates have room for added quality. Ownership has room for quality.

It's trickier than it seems. Even if you could contribute, you can't just waltz in. These successful operations are based on systemic 'structure' and market position. They aren't 'skill-based'. They have a good thing going. You have these 'moats', so you have to make friends.

Augenj
06-01-2019, 02:57 PM
Congratulations! :ThmbUp:

Afleet
06-01-2019, 11:21 PM
very nice congrats:ThmbUp:

taxicab
06-02-2019, 01:58 AM
Good eye Robert.
The Stronach P-5 always has large competitive fields........it's a tough nut to crack.
Keep on rolling.....:)

Tom
06-02-2019, 10:53 AM
Kudos!

Greyfox
06-02-2019, 10:59 AM
Well done! :jump:
Now be sure to spend it anywhere except the track.

castaway01
06-02-2019, 11:52 AM
Nice selections...it hurt to read you hadn't played it.

LemonSoupKid
06-02-2019, 08:45 PM
How did you come down on the winners of the last 2 legs?

Do you structure your tickets differently according to your 'cappin or play only if the card is your "style"?

Great job, congrats!

Oh wow, just went back and clicked ... interesting

098poi
06-03-2019, 10:28 AM
Very nice. Even as a fantasy post watching and winning at different tracks adds to the excitement.