PDA

View Full Version : Damn, Kerry must be weak!

PaceAdvantage
10-05-2004, 10:38 AM
Let's take all the criticisms of the Bush administration at face value. Let's take all the flak thrown at him by Michael Moore in F-9/11 at face value.

Let's throw in the fact that Bush lost the first debate.....

And he's still TIED with Kerry in the polls (Some have the President still slightly ahead, some have Kerry slightly ahead)???? What gives here folks? How bad is John Kerry as a candidate that he doesn't have a clear cut lead on Bush at this point?

Common sense dictates that there is something lurking behind the scenes with Senator Kerry, one the American public (or at least those being polled) just can't shake.

Maybe the more vocal Kerry supporters among us can answer this question for me, as I've asked it many times.

sq764
10-05-2004, 11:00 AM
Actually, Washington Post poll today:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A6294-2004Oct4.html

Bush Has 5-Point Lead in New Poll

By Richard Morin and Christopher Muste
Washington Post Staff Writers
Tuesday, October 5, 2004; Page A06

President Bush continues to lead Sen. John F. Kerry among likely voters despite surging enthusiasm for Kerry among Democrats and new doubts about whether the president has a clear plan to deal with terrorism and the situation in Iraq, according to a Washington Post tracking poll.

In the aftermath of last week's debate, Bush leads Kerry 51 percent to 46 percent among those most likely to vote, according to polling conducted Friday through Sunday. Independent candidate Ralph Nader claims 1 percent of the hypothetical vote. But Bush held only a three-point advantage among all registered voters, down from seven points in a Post-ABC News survey conducted before the debate.

hcap
10-05-2004, 11:25 AM
PACommon sense dictates that there is something lurking behind the scenes with Senator Kerry, one the American public (or at least those being polled) just can't shake.

Maybe the more vocal Kerry supporters among us can answer this question for me, as I've asked it many times.The swiftboat ads did the damage. The dems are just not as good as hardball and sliming as the repubs. Kerry was leading in almost all polls until he got slimed big time. If Kerry/Edwards get open coverage without obstructions like the swiftys, a few more points in their totals.

Still a wide open race. The real world is likely to determine the outcome more than anything else. If Iraq continues to meltdown, Kerry has the advantage. If the current administration scandals make the main stream media coverage, also Kerry. If bush captures or kills Osama, bush. Major jobs improvement, bush. I think the debates could be a strong influence for the undecided vote.

Another terrorist attack, who knows?

Without any major external events, I still think this is going to look like 2000.

sq764
10-05-2004, 11:29 AM
I love how Kerry's weak campaign is always blamed on Bush's attack ads..

If he had a strong campaign, he would be able to shake the attack ads.. Face it, he spent his whole convention talking about his Nam record and no one gave a shit about it..That's when the shift came about, after voters realized he hasn't a clue.

cj
10-05-2004, 11:48 AM
I've said this before, but I honestly think the Dems would be happier if Kerry lost and they can pin their hopes in Hills in 2008. If Kerry wins, she is pushed back 8 years!

hcap
10-05-2004, 11:51 AM
Sq,

He is shaking the ads. Now.

The swiftboat ads took their toll when they came out. Whether you agree or not. Simply a wonderfull piece of negative political slimming. Your perception is about the dem convention is another Karl Rove&Co success.

This is more like reality.

sq764
10-05-2004, 12:01 PM
Well if you think so and want to blame the ads instead of the weak campaign he put together, whatever makes you happy.

hcap
10-05-2004, 12:33 PM
I will agree Kerry did not handle those attacks well, and yeah in that respect it was a "weak" campaign. But I think the swifties have run their course for most, and since the influx of the clinton gang, the Kerry campaign has shown some agressiveness. I don't think the swifties will do any more real damage.

ljb
10-05-2004, 12:40 PM
From cj
I've said this before, but I honestly think the Dems would be happier if Kerry lost and they can pin their hopes in Hills in 2008. If Kerry wins, she is pushed back 8 years!

I cannot speak for all Dems but I would not be willing to accept four more years of dubya for anyone. He has done enough damage in the four years he has been in to last until 2008 thank you.,

Lefty
10-05-2004, 01:01 PM
PA, what's "lurking" is Kerry's voting record of last 20 yrs.

hcap, Dems not as good at sliming? Have you ever been to moveon.org, have youer heard of Michael Moore?
I'm still laughing.

Lefty
10-05-2004, 01:14 PM
hcap, I mentioned moveon and MM but Clean forgot CBS News. They rush to interview every guy who put out a "Bushbash" book but not one interview of anyone who mentions anything neg about Kerry or something positive about Bush? Do you not think that strange?

boxcar
10-05-2004, 01:34 PM
Talk about a Liberal being out of touch with reality! It appears that Hcp doesn't even have a toe touching the ground.

He conveniently forgets how Bush was shamelessly blamed for a car dragging death of that Texas black man. And he forgets how the Libs brought up Bush's military record long before the Swifties came along.

But PA is right on the mark. Kerry's campaign is pathetically weak. Many people realize that Kerry has been hiding his ultra left-wing voting record that he has amassed over the past two decades or so. AND...that Kerry is one of the biggest patholgical liars to have ever come down the 'pike. Get a load of Kerry before he had presidential aspirations and the Kerry now...who in the last couple of months or so has been trying to shore up a very disgruntled and unsettled anti-war Deaniac base by donning anti-war garb and making anti-war statements.

http://media1.streamtoyou.com/rnc/080304v1.wmv?MSWMExt=.asf

If the above link doesn't work, try the one below.

http://64.203.97.110:80/rnc/080304v1.wmv?MSWMExt=.asf

Boxcar

ljb
10-05-2004, 02:27 PM
Bush had a double digit lead in many polls after the swift boat lies and the convention.
One debate and Kerry pulls ahead.
Damn, Bush must be weak!

hcap
10-05-2004, 02:36 PM
Boxcar,

Glad to see the hurricanes have left safe you on the ground. Well at least physically on the ground

Your audio collage was edited obviously to support your point of view. Just the Chris Mathews bit , that I actually watched was edited outrageously, removing the context in which Kerry responded. I am pretty sure the rest is done in a similiar fashion. In fact Mathews angrily made a point of this over a number of days as it was mangled in the right wing spin machine.

As far as "Bush was shamelessly blamed for a car dragging death of that Texas black man."

All I can say is huh?

I don't think that was the hullabaloo. More like Bush misstating the circumstances of the conviction of the mans' actual killers, and insulting the victims's family by his indifference to a hate crimes bill--" James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes Act". Named after the victim and finally passed 3 years after dubya was no longer govenor.

Bushs' military record has been in dispute for some time. There are still real questions about it. The navy just ruled Kerrys' records are ok.

Flip flopping is a straw man designed to deflect the focus off the dismal bush fiasco in Iraq, and his overall royal dudness

As I wrote another thread...

Kerry was more consistant about his position on the war than bushs' ever morphing rational for going to war.Bush's rhetoric. He says "Kerry voted for the Iraq war."

But when bush asked Congress for the resolution, when Andy Card rolled it out after Labor Day, Bush claimed it was a vote for peace:

..." you want to keep the peace, you've got to have the authorization to use force. But it's -- this will be -- this is a chance for Congress to indicate support. It's a chance for Congress to say, we support the administration's ability to keep the peace."

Kerry from day one....actual quotes

Oct. 9, 2002
Senate floor speech on Iraq resolution:

"In giving the president this authority, I expect him to fulfill the commitments he has made to the American people in recent days -- to work with the United Nations Security Council to adopt a new resolution setting out tough and immediate inspection requirements, and to act with our allies at our side if we have to disarm Saddam Hussein by force. If he fails to do so, I will be among the first to speak out."

Sept. 9, 2003
Speech announcing presidential campaign, Patriot's Point, S.C.:

"I voted to threaten the use of force to make Saddam Hussein comply with the resolutions of the United Nations. I believe that was right -- but it was wrong to rush to war without building a true international coalition -- and with no plan to win the peace."

March 18, 2003
Statement on the eve of the attack on Baghdad:

"Even having botched the diplomacy, it is the duty of any president, in the final analysis, to defend this nation and dispel the security threat. ... Saddam Hussein has brought military action upon himself by refusing for 12 years to comply with the mandates of the United Nations. ... My strong personal preference would have been for the administration ... to have given diplomacy more time."

Dec. 3, 2003
Speech before the Council on Foreign Relations, New York City:

"Simply put, the Bush administration has pursued the most arrogant, inept, reckless and ideological foreign policy in modern history."

Sept. 20, 2004
New York University:

"President Bush tells us that he would do everything all over again the same way. How can he possibly be serious? Is he really saying that if we knew there were no imminent threat, no weapons of mass destruction, no ties to Al Qaeda, the United States should have invaded Iraq?"

Now you tell me when bush says...

"It's a chance for Congress to say, we support the administration's ability to keep the peace. That's what this is all about."

Remember? Bush said he wanted the authorization to use force so that he'd have a strong bargaining chip at the United Nations--and that the U.N. would get new inspectors in, and that, maybe, this would lead to Saddam disarming without a war.
That's why Kerry voted for the resolution. As he said at the time.

Now bush the flip fopper.

Bush keeps revising his Iraq war rationale: The need to seize Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction until none were found; liberating the Iraqi people from a brutal dictator; fighting terrorists in Iraq not at home; spreading democracy throughout the Middle East. Now it's a safer America and a safer world.

In 2000, Bush argued against new military entanglements and nation building. He's done both in Iraq.

He opposed a Homeland Security Department, then embraced it.

He opposed creation of an independent Sept. 11 commission, then supported it. He first refused to speak to its members, then agreed only if Vice President Dick Cheney came with him.

Bush argued for free trade, then imposed three-year tariffs on steel imports in 2002, only to withdraw them after 21 months.

Last month, he said he doubted the war on terror could be won, then reversed himself to say it could and would.

A week after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, Bush said he wanted Osama bin Laden "dead or alive." But he told reporters six months later, "I truly am not that concerned about him." He did not mention bin Laden in his hour-long convention acceptance speech.

"I'm a war president," Bush told NBC's "Meet the Press" on Feb. 8. But in a July 20 speech in Iowa, he said: "Nobody wants to be the war president. I want to be the peace president."

"No matter how many times Senator Kerry flip-flops, we were right to make America safer by removing Saddam Hussein from power," he said last week in Missouri.

Bush has changed his positions on new Clean Air Act restrictions, protecting the Social Security surplus, tobacco subsidies, the level of assistance to help combat AIDs in Africa, campaign finance overhaul and whether to negotiate with North Korean officials....

hcap
10-05-2004, 02:53 PM
Hey Box,

I reiterate, huh?
Here is the lowdown on your totally offbase comment

..."Bush was shamelessly blamed for a car dragging death of that Texas black man."

http://www.workingforchange.com/article.cfm?ItemID=8971

sq764
10-05-2004, 03:22 PM
Hey, hcap, while we're on the subject of Kerry quotes, let's go over some more..

"I actually did vote for the $87 billion before I voted against it."
- John Kerry - New York Times

I will stand up and struggle, as others have, to try to get that right balance between violence, and sex, and things.
- John Kerry - ABC News

"The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country."
- John F. Kerry

"This president always makes decisions late after things have happened that could have been different had the president made a different decision earlier."
- John Kerry in Washington Post

I don't own an SUV,'' said Kerry, who supports increasing existing fuel economy standards to 36 miles per gallon by 2015 in order to reduce the nation's dependence on foreign oil supplies.
Kerry thought for a second when asked whether his wife, Teresa Heinz Kerry, had a Suburban at their Ketchum, Idaho, home. Kerry said he owns and drives a Dodge 600 and recently bought a Chrysler 300M. He said his wife owns the Chevrolet SUV.
"The family has it. I don't have it,'' he said.
- John Kerry - Guardian Unlimited

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
- John F. Kerry

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor, and that one word is 'to be prepared'."
- John F. Kerry

"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."
- John F. Kerry

"The future will be better tomorrow."
- John F. Kerry

"We're going to have the best educated American people in the world."
- John F. Kerry

"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."
- John F. Kerry

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."
- John F. Kerry

"Public speaking is very easy."
- John F. Kerry

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."
- John F. Kerry

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."
- John F. Kerry

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."
- John F. Kerry

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children."
- John F. Kerry

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."
- John F. Kerry

"It's time for the human race to enter the solar system."
- John F. Kerry

"I am for raising that minimum wage. But you have to do it a rate where you're not creating upheaval in the economy. But in many public places, we have living wages already being put in place. … So I am very much in favor of individual efforts—federal government and others—moving to help create the ability for people on the wage to be able to make it and do better. But within the private sector, I think we have to ratchet it up at a rate that is acceptable to the marketplace so we don't have an economic dislocation. But we have to start to get people able to earn more."
- John F. Kerry

ljb
10-05-2004, 03:42 PM
Just have time for two Bush quotes
"I think I got darned good intelligence"
"the intelligence is questionable."

sq764
10-05-2004, 03:47 PM
when you see Kerry, remind him

global = world

national = nation

hcap
10-05-2004, 04:08 PM
sq,

You don't wanna go there. Ever here of bushisms?
Do you think there is any comparison between the preznit and Kerry on bushisms? Even if Kerry hired a team of writers, he could never compete with bush in verbal stupidity

All the quotes I listed were in the context of the vote for authorization to war. Nothing as weird as what the preznit does constantly. Besides I think the debate showed who had the better command of language. I think that will probably be the case for their upcomming debates.

Now here is a bush quote (co-written of course) that makes sense

"A Charge to Keep: My Journey to the White House":
By George w Bush

"My inclination was to support the government and the war until proven wrong, and that only came later, as I realized we could not explain the mission, had no exit strategy, and did not seem to be fighting to win."

hcap
10-05-2004, 04:24 PM
sq,

PS. I guess you now your Kerry so-called quotes are bogus. Quite a few come from the great misscalculaterer himself, the preznit. Guess you sent a "mixed message"

:cool:

sq764
10-05-2004, 04:28 PM
It's funny to watch the Dem hopefuls get so flustered as the clock ticks..

The only responses are "....well, um, Bush said... so there!!"

I am waiting for the "I'm rubber you're glue" defense

PaceAdvantage
10-05-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by ljb
Bush had a double digit lead in many polls after the swift boat lies and the convention.
Damn, Bush must be weak!

Did you see the Kerry representative run away from Sean Hannity when presented with facts the other night? Is that the correct way for a representative of a possible future President to act on national TV?

Lefty
10-05-2004, 05:29 PM
Bush supported the death penalty for both men involved in Byrd's death. How by any(even liberal)stretch of the imagination is that "insulting"

hcap
10-05-2004, 05:40 PM
Boxcar made this statement

"Bush was shamelessly blamed for a car dragging death of that Texas black man."

I pointed out THAT was NOT the story.
As far as insulting the family, see

http://archive.salon.com/politics/feature/2000/10/16/byrds/

" Reached over the weekend, members of the Byrd family said that they weren't surprised Bush got the details of the case wrong. Unlike other Texas public officials -- they cite local mayors, Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, and President Clinton -- Bush was never remotely comforting to their family after Byrd's grisly murder, they say.

"I wasn't surprised that he didn't know," says one of Byrd's younger sisters, Betty Boatner, 46. "I wasn't surprised at all."

Bush "should have known" the details of the trial, says Stella Byrd, James Byrd Jr.'s mother. "But I wasn't surprised about his reaction." She says Bush showed no concern when her granddaughter talked to him in May 1999 to try to persuade Bush to support the James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes Act, which would have increased punishment for criminals motivated by hatred of a victim's gender, religion, ethnic background or sexual orientation. "So I'm sure with that lack of interest, he didn't ask to see what was going on."

The Byrd family, however, seems most angry with Bush for his opposition to the hate crimes law Democratic state legislators named after Byrd. They slam him for not supporting it -- as will an ad coming out this week sponsored by the NAACP National Voter Fund. The Byrd family also plans to vote for Gore

delayjf
10-05-2004, 05:54 PM

Kerry's testimony in front of congress that He had witnessed war crimes committed by US troops is stone hard fact. It is beyond question, and he can't hid from it. That ad has hurt Kerry more than any other ad, and there is no way for him to refute it.

And if Coalitions are so important to him, why did he vote against the first Gulf war which had passed the so called Global test.:confused: :confused:

Tom
10-05-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by ljb
From cj

I cannot speak for all Dems but I would not be willing to accept four more years of dubya for anyone. He has done enough damage in the four years he has been in to last until 2008 thank you.,

And you still think that idiot Kerry can do better?
Maybe because he is such a jerk no one will ever take him serioulsy and he will do for four years what he has done for 20 in the senate...nothing.

Tom
10-05-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by ljb
Damn, Bush must be weak!

You are calling veterens liars with out any facts to back you up. More SBV are calling Kerry bad for the country than are calling him good for it.

Lefty
10-05-2004, 08:05 PM
hcap, can't you just answer the damn question and belay the %^$#links. I do this stuff mostly without links and from a commonsense view. How can supporting the death penalty for Byrds killers be insulting? Answer the damn question without a link please.
What was insulting was the NCAAP ad and they should lose their tax free funding as they are clearly another liberal arm of the DNC.

hcap
10-05-2004, 08:39 PM
As far as insulting the family. Yeah maybe the dems made hay with the family, but the family FEELS insulted. Are they liars? Did they make up the stuff that indicates a somewhat uncarring attitude by bush

" The chasm between the Byrd family and the governor began right after Byrd's murder, when Bush said he wouldn't attend Byrd's funeral because he thought the atmosphere would be too "politically charged" -- even though Hutchison, Transportation Secretary Rodney Slater and other officials had no problem attending. Bush spokeswoman Karen Hughes said that Bush's no-show at the funeral was at the Byrd family's request, but no one in the Byrd family knows about such a request.

"Nobody told him to stay away," says Mullins.

Besides the reason that I posted it all, was simply to counter Boxcars' outrageous statement.

"Bush was shamelessly blamed for a car dragging death of that Texas black man."

Maybe Boxcar mispoke or the hurricanes got to him?
Or maybe he has another source from an "undisclosed location"?
Box?

Last post of the evening. Gonna watch the debate, and the real power behind the throne. Sorta' like David and Goliath. Cheney is smart and tough. Too bad he saw Star Wars (the movie, not the weapon system) and embraced the dark side.

Tom
10-06-2004, 10:35 PM
Hcap, the crimes?
Get a life.
You think killing some becasue of his color is worse than killing someone for his money?
Dead is dead.
To call one more serious than the other is just plain liberal hogwash.
Why not just agree to fry ALL murderers, for what they did and screw why they did it?

Judge: how do you pleaed?
Defendent: Guilty, but your honor, It was nothing personal. I didn't even know the guy!
Judge: Oh, well then, case dismissed.

Lefty
10-06-2004, 10:40 PM
Tom, absolutely right on!

hcap
10-07-2004, 08:36 AM
PACommon sense dictates that there is something lurking behind the scenes with Senator Kerry, one the American public (or at least those being polled) just can't shake.

Maybe the more vocal Kerry supporters among us can answer this question for me, as I've asked it many times.My first responseThe swiftboat ads did the damage. The dems are just not as good as hardball and sliming as the repubs. Kerry was leading in almost all polls until he got slimed big time. If Kerry/Edwards get open coverage without obstructions like the swiftys, a few more points in their totals.Two things that support my hypothesis.

1-http://www.electoral-vote.com/graph.png

http://www.electoral-vote.com/info/graph.html

2- Zogby OCTOBER 6, 2004
The presidential debate has lifted John Kerry back to where he was in our battleground analysis before the Republican convention energized the Bush campaign.

The latest Zogby Interactive poll puts Mr. Kerry ahead of President Bush in 13 of the 16 closely contested states -- two more states than the Massachusetts senator led before the debate and the most since August. The latest survey was conducted between last Thursday, after the debate ended, and Tuesday afternoon, before vice-presidential contenders Dick Cheney and John Edwards debated. "

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/info-battleground04-an1006.html

ElKabong
10-07-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by hcap
Sq,

The swiftboat ads took their toll when they came out. Whether you agree or not. .

If Kerry had signed the SF180 and released ALL his mil records he'd have squashed any negative publicity by the swifts. FACT is, Kerry ran and hid. He still won't sign the 180.

Only one reason he wouldn't sign the SF180....He's hiding some BAD sh-t. Did he get dishonorably discharged, and then tamper the records as many think? After all Kerry's dd214 reads a date of 1978...and why did he get a BSM/ SSM citation 18 years after he left Vietnam? Even (sec of the navy from 1981-87)Lehman said that citation was a fraud...Hmmmm.

We'll never know what he's hiding b/c Kerry won't sign the SF180....GWB released all his mil records....Not Kerry.

Tom
10-07-2004, 06:31 PM
"The swiftboat ads took their toll when they came out. Whether you agree or not. "

Yes. it is hard to ignore the truth biting you in the arse.

hcap
10-07-2004, 07:22 PM
Just like how Kerry demolished the "war" president, and Edwards exposed the REAL presidents' bs.

sq764
10-07-2004, 07:26 PM
demolished the president and still behind.. that's a brilliant thought process on your part Hcap..

hcap
10-07-2004, 07:37 PM
Sq, the polls have tightened, momentum is with Kerry/Edwards.

Day after these were the online polls:

* MSNBC has Edwards Up 60% to 40% in this poll with over 1,580,000 respondents so far.

* CNBC Has Edwards up 59% to 41%.

* CBS News has Edwards over Cheney by a margin of 81% to 17%.

* Right wing Fox News has Cheney winning 50% to 47%.

* AOL lists Cheney as the winner 51% to 49%.

* The CNN poll has Edwards destroying Cheney 78% 18% with nearly 200,000 votes tallied.

* The Wall Street Journal has Edwards crushing Dick 88% to 9%.

* Yahoo News shows Edwards dominating Cheney 62% to 32%.

I think just like Kerrys' initial win on the online polls turned into improvement in real polls, so will Edwards win over darth cheney

Also check out the movement on the graph after the first debate. Today zogby has Kerry ahead in the battleground states.

sq764
10-07-2004, 07:43 PM
Why don't you include all the important polls?

Did you know that if I bet my 4th rated horse over my 6th rated horse with all with all, my superfecta ROI would be 7.05??

Derek2U
10-07-2004, 07:43 PM
I am 100% Hopeful that BUSH will get dumped. He is a total
bum. Not even worthy of being listed as #43. LIAR & A DRUNK.
and even his wife, that pretend-2-be VIP killed a 17 yr old by
running a stop sign. She is a KILLER. It's all so sordid that he
should be pres!! by that's why this USA is in DanGER ... BUSH
attracts trouble like a moth 2 Vegas lights. anyways, YOU DECIDE
as i've done .... TY Budha, it's a Free (sorta) country .... Vote,
thats the issue ....

Lefty
10-08-2004, 12:16 AM
Who was it that said Repubs were cruel? Look at the garbage Derek's spewing.

Tom
10-08-2004, 12:34 AM
Just like how Kerry demolished the "war" president, and Edwards exposed the REAL presidents' bs.

I missed that I guess. What channel is the cartoon network again?

sq764
10-08-2004, 12:39 AM
Derek, you are the main reason abortion should be legal..

Who do the voices in your head tell you to vote for??

Tom
10-08-2004, 12:56 AM
In an effort to attract Texas republican votes, the DNC has re-tooled thier southern image.....

hcap
10-08-2004, 04:16 PM
Sq,

The graph I posted, a bit higher up on the page is live. It changes to reflect each days standings. Yesterday it indicated basically a dead heat. I posted it to support my contention that the swifties effectively slimed Kerry, weakining Kerrys' campaign, and to show momentum.
Today Kerry is in the lead.

Kerry 280 Bush 239

And the 2nd presidential debate has not begun yet. It may be a reaction to the Edwards/Cheney debate, or more likely the BAD, BAD news in the papers for bush

hcap
10-08-2004, 05:57 PM
Hey Tom, In an effort to attract young, republicans while their minds are still forming the GOP has re-tooled their PR spin on the vice-presidential debate.

At least I think it's the young republicans they're after. Might be the preznits' nuk-u-lar buddies.

sq764
10-08-2004, 09:05 PM
My God, has Kerry aged like 10 years since last week??

Tom
10-08-2004, 09:38 PM
Sq,

The graph I posted, a bit higher up on the page is live. It changes to reflect each days standings. Yesterday it indicated basically a dead heat. I posted it to support my contention that the swifties effectively slimed Kerry, weakining Kerrys' campaign, and to show momentum.
Today Kerry is in the lead.

Kerry 280 Bush 239

And the 2nd presidential debate has not begun yet. It may be a reaction to the Edwards/Cheney debate, or more likely the BAD, BAD news in the papers for bush

That much change only telss me that the whole thing is based on BS. If public opinion changes that much so quickly, it is ridiculous to pay any attention to it until Nov 2.
But Hcap must be in som ekind of theray that forces him to work on his finger dexterity by typing drivel endlessly.:eek:

Lefty
10-08-2004, 10:52 PM
SQ, maybe Kerry didn't get his botox trments this week.