PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Pick 3/4 late scratch rules

parshooter
05-27-2019, 11:51 PM
Not certain which place on forum this query belongs. It may have been discussed previously but does anyone know Belmont ticket wager rules on late scratches before the first leg of pick 3 and pick 4 wagers?
Today at Belmont before race 9 the #10 horse Stone Breaker was scratched. I had him on my ticket aw well as the money favorite #6. Unable to cancel the ticket before race started I assumed that when 6 horse won the race, my scratch of #10 would default to the winning 6 horse and I would have a $2 pick 3 ticket. As it happens I had the winner of next two legs but was only paid for a $1 wager.
I usually note that most tracks such late scratches on pick3 and 4 tickets default to the betting favorite.

Onesome
05-28-2019, 12:16 AM
If the scratch happens in the first leg you get a refund on the combos with the scratched horse. If the scratch happened past the first leg, then you get the posttime fav.

parshooter
05-28-2019, 12:40 AM
Thank you.

toddbowker
05-28-2019, 09:30 AM
NYRA actually pays a consolation in the P3 pool if the scratch happens after the first leg. Same as the daily double.

The P4 is the post time favorite swap.

toddbowker
05-29-2019, 05:07 PM
Should have added that they refund scratches in the first leg of the double and pick 3, which was your original question.

SG4
05-30-2019, 01:12 AM
From what I've seen it seems all tracks follow this protocol:

Pick 4/5/6 - a scratch in any leg goes to the post time favorite

Double & Pick 3 - scratch in 1st leg is refund, scratch in later leg is a conso payout if you have the other winners correct.

Is there any track that doesn't abide by this?