PDA

View Full Version : Bejarano

Valuist
10-04-2004, 12:31 PM
It'll be interesting to see how he's bet at the upcoming Kee and CD meets. He was decent value at the spring meets, but a lot has changed. With no Day, Bailey or Sellers at Ellis and TP, he was consistently overbet. For whatever reason, Kentucky bettors seem to focus more attention on the rider than the horse. And Bejarano seemed like he was 6-5 every race at Ellis and TP. With the bigger names back, will he continue to be overbet or be ignored?

CapperLou
10-04-2004, 05:50 PM
It got so bad for me playing against Bejarano at Ellis Park that I stopped playing there--ELP was eating into my profits at Arlington all summer and fall etc.

Yesterday was my last day of playing Turfway--cannot win there as posted in another thread. I think I'm going to PASS on Keeneland too this fall. With all the drugs they allow in KY and my past results there---no reason to keep beating up a broken down horse as they say!!!

Now then: I've got Hawthorne now and have started off very well there as in recent years---so---to hell with Kentucky tracks!!

All the best,

CapperLou

BigJake
10-05-2004, 05:47 PM
I haven't seen very many posts about Kentucky Downs, but if you didn't play the six day meet you missed out big time. RB won 10 or 12 of the 44 races. He was being heavily bet but he didn't win 32 to 34 races. Those races were pure gold. I would bet all eight or nine races and if I won 2 of them I could come out with a profit.

There is a funny story about you saying KY people bet the rider not the horse. My Grandad always told me Pat Day on the favorite was money in the bank. Its a catch 22 because Day was almost always on the favorite.

BigJake

Valuist
10-05-2004, 05:55 PM
Ky Downs is a rough track for me. It seems like its either 1-1 shots or 30-1 shots that win and I don't tend to wager on either of those types very often, certainly not the even money horses. If you look at NY, you see Bailey, Prado or Velazquez getting bet, but not hammered every single race like Day used to, or Bejarano does now. I guess AP was kind of similar, with Douglas getting overbet every race.

CapperLou
10-05-2004, 06:01 PM
I heard that about Pat Day many years ago from some smart horse people.

I love Kentucky and go over there whenever I can to the farms. Over the years I have been fortunate to know some folks who had farms and was able to visit them. My favorite farm has always been Claiborne. The Hancock family are at the top when it comes to horses--I had a lot of fun up and down the Lexington Pike as they say. Lexington and Paris sure have the farms.

I just wish I could win at the KY tracks, but it has been very trying the last few years.

All the best,

CapperLou

P.S. I don't want anything to do with Bejarano==don't want to play him or against him. Not playing KY tracks anymore as of this past Sunday!!! Strange but true!!!!

CapperLou
10-05-2004, 06:08 PM
Keep your eyes on Douglas in California. He is a class rider and I expect he will do well there. Especially watch him on the turf as he is one of the best turf riders in the country and his main competition on the grass will be Nakatani.

The quality of riders has gone down in Southern Cal and Rene should do well. I'll be watching him--wondering too if Senor Lobo will use him on turf there--Lobo one of the best with turfers as Granitz is in Chicagoland. But Tony's go to guy is Razo.

All the best,

CapperLou

Valuist
10-06-2004, 09:24 AM
I don't expect to see Rene back at Arlington next summer. He's getting live mounts from guys like Frankel and Baffert now. When he was out there a few years ago, Pincay, McCarron, Eddie D and PVal were the competition. Now they're all gone.

Tennessee
10-06-2004, 05:10 PM
Bejarano won six of the eight races on Sept. 21 at Kentucky Downs, with a 2nd and a 3rd in the other two. Mutuels on his winners were 12.60-8.00-14.60-7.60-5.00-7.20.