PDA

View Full Version : Camera Angles at Pimlico 5/17/19

Sparky13
05-17-2019, 01:15 PM
Today, when watching races from Pimlico on my computer, there are between 4-6 different camera angles for each race. I have never seen this before at an American Track.

cj
05-17-2019, 01:24 PM
Today, when watching races from Pimlico on my computer, there are between 4-6 different camera angles for each race. I have never seen this before at an American Track.

It is because of the ridiculous amount of overly tall tents in the infield. You can't see squat on the backstretch from the grandstand.

jeebus1083
05-17-2019, 02:15 PM
One of the worst camera angles in racing is the finish line at Thistledown.

Tom
05-17-2019, 03:15 PM
You have no idea where the horses are on the track.
This is a clown show.

The porta potty races are the CLASS of this track.
As Nick Luck pointed, the fat blond is the real Black Eyed Susan.

46zilzal
05-17-2019, 05:24 PM
USELESS...How many times I have written NBC and other coverage, PLEADING them to show the split screen that all race goers are used to!

How can one understand the CONTINUITY of a horse race by constantly flipping perspectives? It does not work.

(CBS understood how to show races: they used the IN HOUSE upper pan all trip)

dilanesp
05-17-2019, 06:14 PM
It is because of the ridiculous amount of overly tall tents in the infield. You can't see squat on the backstretch from the grandstand.

For some reason tracks that host America's biggest races can't resist obstructing the backstretch.

The one organization that deserves props is NYRA. I have never seen them pull this crap.

46zilzal
05-17-2019, 07:20 PM

Upper pan cameras are located WELL above the line of sight that would be blocked by infield interference.

dilanesp
05-17-2019, 07:32 PM
Upper pan cameras are located WELL above the line of sight that would be blocked by infield interference.

Pimlico's grandstand isn't nearly as high up as Churchill's. Their normal pan shot camera is in the box section.

They would need to have the cameras on the roof, where NBC has them. to fix this.

cj
05-17-2019, 07:35 PM

Then why are they using those angles? I think you might be underestimating how big those tents are. I vowed I'd never go again after my last trip there and not being able to see anything on the backstretch the entire time. I can't think of any other reason they would do this. It was never done before at Pimlico.

PhantomOnTour
05-17-2019, 08:10 PM
You have no idea where the horses are on the track.
This is a clown show.

The porta potty races are the CLASS of this track.
As Nick Luck pointed, the fat blond is the real Black Eyed Susan.

You've become ridiculous Tom.
Give it a rest....you're saying more about yourself than the people/places/organizations that you insult ad nauseum.

Just start a thread & call it Toms Titty Baby Tirade and do all your whining there.

dilanesp
05-17-2019, 08:31 PM
My only objection to the portapotty races is I can't bet them.

Tom
05-18-2019, 09:08 AM
You really need to lighten up, POT.
That was a joke.

They were must showing the porta potty races and some blond fell onto one right oh her face and Nick Luck commented that was Black Eyed Susan there.

If you are that uptight, just put me on ignore. Then you can live happily ever after.

cj
05-18-2019, 03:41 PM
Then why are they using those angles? I think you might be underestimating how big those tents are. I vowed I'd never go again after my last trip there and not being able to see anything on the backstretch the entire time. I can't think of any other reason they would do this. It was never done before at Pimlico.

They just showed a replay of the Afleet Alex Preakness and it is definitely the tents. They weren't nearly as high then and there was no issue using normal camera shots.

Tom
05-18-2019, 03:45 PM
The tents are higher this year to allow for the Johnny on the Spot Stakes.

46zilzal
05-18-2019, 03:52 PM

Our cameras at Woodbine are on the 7th floor that's why they can easily be above infield clutter......Woodbine never needs to as nothing is accumulating out there even with big races like the Plate.