PDA

View Full Version : Which coach will be first to go?

Valuist
10-04-2004, 10:33 AM
Here are my odds sans takeout:

Wannstedt 5-2
Haslett 9-2
B. Davis 7-1
Sherman 9-1
Gruden 10-1
Martz 12-1
Shottenheimer 12-1
Tice 15-1

betchatoo
10-04-2004, 10:58 AM
If Wannie lasts 3 more weeks it will be an upset

CapperLou
10-04-2004, 11:09 AM
When Dave goes--he should take the whole offensive unit with him--coaches and all!!!

He has done the same thing here in ruining the Dolphins present and future(no draft picks left) that he accomplished in Chicago. He left the Bears in the same horrible position.

Wayne has always favored him, but he does not have a choice any longer.

Dan Marino sure as hell knew something when he left suddenly and went back to that cozy broadcasting job. He could not stand Dave and never could have worked with him.

All the best,

CapperLou

Valuist
10-04-2004, 11:26 AM
Let's not re-visit the Wanny years in Chicago. The only reason he got the Miami job was that he's good friends with Jimmy.

sq764
10-04-2004, 12:01 PM
What about Dick Vermeil..

CapperLou
10-04-2004, 12:06 PM
Valuist:

Yes--that is true!!!!

Right now and for the past year we just want this guy out of here---the players have no respect for him--never did--and he has put this team in the worst situation it has been in for almost 40 years at its inception.

Norv Turner knew what he was doing too---nobody has an ounce of respect for Wannstedt. Let me go play a few horses at DEL & CRC now---just thinking of this idiot makes me sick!!!

All the best,

CapperLou

Valuist
10-04-2004, 12:19 PM
Vermeil may retire but I don't think they'll fire him. He has a proven past, taking a 4-12 Ram team into a Super Bowl winner and he took Philly to a Super Bowl when he was there. Look at the Rams since Vermeil left. Definitely not the same quality as when he was there.

andicap
10-04-2004, 12:45 PM
Gruden's more like 30-1. No way they can him. They know it's a a rebuild in Tampa and he did win the Super Bowl....i mean they give up so much for him no way they'll get rid of him.

Haslett's my choice --- especially after that embarrassing loss to Arizona yesterday. The way the Saints have choked at the end of the season ever year. This guy's a terrible coach....

Jim Mora Jr is leading candidate for coach of the year -- 4-0 with a the Falcons! Although Tom Coughlin of the Giants, and Jack Del Rio of the Jags are right there. I think Lovie Smith is doing a great job keeping the Bears competitive with all their injuries. Same with Parcells in Dallas.

kenwoodallpromos
10-04-2004, 02:04 PM
On your list Haslett, but I hope Errrikkksonnn the 49er's loser. Players are getting hurt too easily and players are always out of position, and no team or individual discipline. They are at each others' throats already off camera according to players.

CryingForTheHorses
10-04-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by CapperLou
When Dave goes--he should take the whole offensive unit with him--coaches and all!!!

He has done the same thing here in ruining the Dolphins present and future(no draft picks left) that he accomplished in Chicago. He left the Bears in the same horrible position.

Wayne has always favored him, but he does not have a choice any longer.

Dan Marino sure as hell knew something when he left suddenly and went back to that cozy broadcasting job. He could not stand Dave and never could have worked with him.

All the best,

CapperLou

The Miami Dolphins remind me of the Toronto Maple Leafs. Wannstatt or however you spell his name needs to get out of dodge, Miami people are tough on their team and even tougher on their coaches.Miami is the Magic City..We dont need aloser like Wannstatt or owever you spell his name, Marino is a smart man knowing he wouldnt have any control as long as the man that had him retire was there.I also think Huzinga needs to sell this team, This guy isnt really interested in a championship team

CapperLou
10-04-2004, 05:39 PM
McSchell Racing:

Kudos to you--you have it right--we cannot stand losers--and im my case it includes horses--not just football.

Maybe Wayne should sell---he is selling lots of other things planning his estate!!!!

All the best,

CapperLou

bobbytabb
10-05-2004, 11:41 AM
As a Dolf-fan watching history being made each week, (0-4), I think Wannstadt will remain until the end of the season. So, the odds of 5-2 for being the first fired coach are too short. However, he was retained with the understanding that he must make the playoffs this year. The odds of that now happening and he being retained next year are approaching prohibitive odds, 1-9. Besides, there is simply no one in the organization that can be made interim coach and there is no coach out there I'd want in the middle of the season.
To be fair, I don't think he has lost the team, yet. The defense is playing tough and quite frankly, they have lost winnable games. The injuries have really mounted up. They have not been blown out - that happens this week in New England.

So, look at the positive- our tailgates are still great and I have more leg room since we have more empty seats around me each week.

CapperLou
10-05-2004, 12:11 PM
I agree with most of your post--our defense is great etc.

And--there is no one to bring in from outside or within to coach.
It is very frustrating after having great teams here forso long!!

Guess we are just going to have to get used to lousy performances until this whole mess that Dave created is washed away and a new beginning evolves.

All the best,

CapperLou