PDA

View Full Version : dumb maximum security joke

dilanesp
05-04-2019, 07:05 PM
He ran in a $16,000 claimer. So is he...

out of jail?

Leap
05-04-2019, 07:09 PM
Here comes rigged objection

Sea Hero
05-04-2019, 07:16 PM
The joke is that the talking heads are yacking about whether the winner bothered the second place horse, and it isn't about that at all. It's about if he cost #1 or others a better finish.

If this was a mid-week $10,000 claimer, the horse would have come down after 2 or 3 minutes. The importance of the race shouldn't influence the stewards but it's understandable why they're taking their time.

At least they made the right decision.

Thomas Roulston
05-05-2019, 11:05 AM
The "cost the victim(s) a placing" argument is male bovine excrement in this case because there is no 8th or 17th purse money in the Derby.

But if tracks did what I have recommended for years that they do - maintain descending shares for all places (Example, in a 12-horse field, 60% to 1st, 19% to 2nd, 9% to 3rd, 4% to 4th, 1.8% to 5th, 1.4% to 6th, 1.2% to 7th, 1% to 8th, .8% to 9th, .7% to 10th, .6% to 11th, and .5% to 12th) - then it would matter. Otherwise it doesn't.

castaway01
05-05-2019, 11:20 AM
The "cost the victim(s) a placing" argument is male bovine excrement in this case because there is no 8th or 17th purse money in the Derby.

But if tracks did what I have recommended for years that they do - maintain descending shares for all places (Example, in a 12-horse field, 60% to 1st, 19% to 2nd, 9% to 3rd, 4% to 4th, 1.8% to 5th, 1.4% to 6th, 1.2% to 7th, 1% to 8th, .8% to 9th, .7% to 10th, .6% to 11th, and .5% to 12th) - then it would matter. Otherwise it doesn't.

In any objection the debate isn't whether it cost the horse 8th or wherever, but whether a horse getting squeezed or shut off might have finished better 1st, 2nd, etc. Obviously the horse's ultimate placing can't be known after it gets fouled or obstructed, can it? I thought that was just common sense but apparently not.

That has nothing to do with this particular objection, but since you don't even understand what the purpose of one seems to be, I thought I would clarify that for you.

delsully
05-06-2019, 01:31 PM
In any objection the debate isn't whether it cost the horse 8th or wherever, but whether a horse getting squeezed or shut off might have finished better 1st, 2nd, etc. Obviously the horse's ultimate placing can't be known after it gets fouled or obstructed, can it? I thought that was just common sense but apparently not.

That has nothing to do with this particular objection, but since you don't even understand what the purpose of one seems to be, I thought I would clarify that for you.

Please, any objective person knows those horses weren’t hitting the board.

cutchemist42
05-06-2019, 02:05 PM
Thought the thread was going to be about the Adam Sandler joke on SNL. A writer on there hates the sport as the show consistently has a horsemeat joke on the Derby Day broadcast.

highnote
05-08-2019, 03:02 PM
And now Country House is skipping the Preakness. He is the first Derby winner to skip the Preakness since Maximum Security.

LemonSoupKid
05-09-2019, 12:07 PM
And now Country House is skipping the Preakness. He is the first Derby winner to skip the Preakness since Maximum Security.

:popcorn:

:p

:D :ThmbUp:

highnote
05-09-2019, 02:21 PM
Thought the thread was going to be about the Adam Sandler joke on SNL. A writer on there hates the sport as the show consistently has a horsemeat joke on the Derby Day broadcast.

Well, all I know is that my horses are lucky they are immune to mad cow disease and live in a country where they are pets, not food.