PDA

View Full Version : Since horseplaying is a real time activity what are your thoughts on today...?

JPinMaryland
10-02-2004, 03:16 PM
Only about an hour to until the big races go off at Belmont. I am not at the track so I can only give my impressions based on info I have read etc. Have no idea of the weather either so....

I have little take on the Flower Bowl, one of the m.l. fav's had some sort of minor accident (Commercante) so it be interesting to see if these odds change. I wonder if anyone feels the French horse, Aubon is an overlay at 5:1...

Vosburgh. THis could become another great race in a race with a famous history. Bet the chalk here, CJ? These two, Pico/Speightstown figure to go head to head. Forgot to check Speightstown recent workouts, Leaning toward Pico. This is the kind of speed race where one might find some value in a closer. Does Pohave run with this class? If so I might look for value here on a place bet. Watchem Smokey might attract attention as a closer who coudl pick up pieces. I tend to doubt it. Cajun Beat, value pick? or living on reputation?

Joe HIrsch. Would think Magisteri should be set up for this. I am leery of the other chalk, Kittens Joy, who stretches out to 12f. Polish Summer may have value, m.l. 8-1, my guess is this line is dropping, if I was at BEL I'd watch the tote on him...

J.C.G.C. Wow! This is one I want to see. Funny Cide appears to still have the desire, in fact I think for sure his desire is still there just not sure if he has the final kick. He should attract a lot of money. One would have to think he will be overbet just based on sentiment. Seen different m.l.'s on him; 2:1 and 3:1. That's interesting, I think his ml will have to climb through the afternoon. Hell, he'll probably scratch anyhow. I dont think he wil be a value pick. Which leaves us w/ Cliffs Edge and Evening Attire every time I get interested in Cliff he loses his shoes or something. Not sure how consistent Evening attire is probably should hvae checked his PPs.

Maybe Zito will pull it off, w/ Cliff. He's beed doing well of late, I think? This would really add to his resume if he could pull it off especially as a 3 yr old. Are any of the others 3? DOmestic Dispute doesnt seem consistent enuf to me.

Anyhow, just some random thoughts running through my head. I'd tbe different if I was there watching the early races, watchign the tote etc.

JPinMaryland
10-02-2004, 04:10 PM
Go wi/ aubonne, 14-1 currently. At least to place.

cj
10-02-2004, 04:20 PM
JP,

Come on in the War Room for some real time playing, lots of guys around today.

JPinMaryland
10-02-2004, 04:22 PM
On the yellow ribbon, why is Katdogowan still a fav? 1 win in last 7 and that on a DQ? Amorama may be the best value here, closed well last race. Morn line 6-1 in drf, I'd watch tote there too.

Turf was a little soft. Slow fractions, french horse almost got 3rd. Good value call I think.

Vosburgh next?

JPinMaryland
10-02-2004, 04:37 PM
okay vosburgh, small field w/ a scratch. And two heavy favs. that figure to have a speed dual. Since there is liklihood that at least one could get cooked, this woudl seem like an ideal play for a place bet on a longshot.

Correct? The two favs draw a lot of money, one gets cooked. SOme longshot gets a piece of the place pot.

I like Pico to win, his odds have climbed a little. So good value there. But this would definitely be one to look for value in the place pool. I think.

JPinMaryland
10-02-2004, 04:38 PM
I guess watchemsmokey to place. He's a long shot, probably climb even more, but he's still the fourth best according to the m.l. So say he climbs to 10-1...Hell he's a closer he coudl really figure. I think the place bet is better, but Id be tempted to take shot at an outright win if his odds climb to say 10-1 or better..

JPinMaryland
10-02-2004, 04:50 PM
Okay I didnt even see the payouts on that.

THe place payout is probably pretty good, dunno what the odds were when they went off but Voodoo should pay well on that.

See? This would have been time to wheel the exacta, keyed on the winner. Drop out the heavy, home town favorte, go with the shipper who has won here before....

Leaving us with a couple of longshots. One longshot scratched before the race. Can toss another? Or just wheel that?

Say I would have wheeled it 2 bets for $4...see what it pays.

Earlier I had tossed Watchemsmokey I said to place bet. On the basis of the long layoff. So Voodoo or Watchem...

JPinMaryland
10-02-2004, 04:57 PM
You know what I love about this next race? Here are my notes.

Kicken Kris. Won last on a dq after HE hit the rail!

Geez whiz! Shades of Forego? I guess this horse is either not going to be around for long or has hit another gear and will just run his eyes out for a few more?

ALso sire line is Roberto (?) which always interesting to breeding fans. Is that a Halo line?

Magisteri. Closer, from Europe. Hmm how do these big fellas handle the track at Belmont? I would think Belmont has sweeping turns or so they say and this helps these types...Dunno. Has he worked out? When did he ship.

Boy if you could toss Magisteri....? THe wheeling and place bets start to make you think.

JPinMaryland
10-02-2004, 05:02 PM
Magisteri figures to be underlay; at least according to drf morn line. What is it 2-1?

One of the favorites had earlier at this track dropped preipitaously? Like was it Speightstown? Daily trends in betting? Track betting variants? TBVs?

Help me out here...

If Magisteris starts going down all day. Like a lot of favs here do...THen Ive got to think he is underlaid...

Too him and wheel exactas?

THe kitten is tough though. So at least one of these chalk should hit the w/p.....

WHich means...Try an exacta wheeling it around Polish/KickenKris key it on the Kitten?

JPinMaryland
10-02-2004, 05:32 PM
go for exacta betting w/ Katdowg and NachosJackdelRio..Favorite has some problems here. 4 different trainers? And bet down to whatever??

Amorama looks like the long shot pick here looks to be overlay.

JPinMaryland
10-02-2004, 05:33 PM
The place pool didnt look like much in the 9th race. I didnt see what it paid for the 8th race..What was that?

JPinMaryland
10-02-2004, 05:45 PM
Okay $5 on ZIto's colt (Cliffsedge) to place. And exacta keyed on Funny cide to win and Evening attire/cliffs edge to fill it.

I dont think I get a feel for oakpark trends.