PDA

View Full Version : Power Online

Partsnut
05-01-2019, 12:13 PM
According to prior posts on this board about Power Online software, it had been mentioned that Steve Wolson, the software's provider ran a 500 race test for win bets and showed a small profit. To me, this was a unique and impressive feat and to my knowledge, has yet to be duplicated by any other software provider on this board.
I am curious to know if there are those that still are using it and successfully, modeling any individual track. I would also appreciate any information as to whether this software has been recently updated and is still available.

PaceAdvantage
05-03-2019, 07:49 PM
According to prior posts on this board about Power Online software, it had been mentioned that Steve Wolson, the software's provider ran a 500 race test for win bets and showed a small profit. To me, this was a unique and impressive feat and to my knowledge, has yet to be duplicated by any other software provider on this board.
I am curious to know if there are those that still are using it and successfully, modeling any individual track. I would also appreciate any information as to whether this software has been recently updated and is still available.I used HSH to show a profit on posted picks more than once since...just sayin'

Partsnut
05-04-2019, 01:32 PM
I used HSH to show a profit on posted picks more than once since...just sayin'

I don't doubt your ability or that you've had some good days using HSH but have you or would you post 500 races and show a profit using HSH?
What my left eye sees my right eye will believe.:headbanger:
Some of us were fortunate enough to have some good days using different
software products. My best was a 42% win percentage out of 120+ races played at a plus ROI using PaceAppraiser in one of the Meadowlands Survivor contest. I also won the P.A.I.H.L on this board back in 2009.
"Just sayin".

NorCalGreg
05-04-2019, 02:08 PM
I am curious to know if there are those that still are using it and successfully, modeling any individual track. I would also appreciate any information as to whether this software has been recently updated and is still available.

I recently spoke with Steve via email. I planned to offer to buy the rights to it---it's just not available anymore.

-NCG

Partsnut
05-04-2019, 02:47 PM
I recently spoke with Steve via email. I planned to offer to buy the rights to it---it's just not available anymore.

-NCG

Greg,

Good luck with this. Let me know what you come up with.

PaceAdvantage
05-04-2019, 04:15 PM
I don't doubt your ability or that you've had some good days using HSH but have you or would you post 500 races and show a profit using HSH?
What my left eye sees my right eye will believe.:headbanger:
Some of us were fortunate enough to have some good days using different
software products. My best was a 42% win percentage out of 120+ races played at a plus ROI using PaceAppraiser in one of the Meadowlands Survivor contest. I also won the P.A.I.H.L on this board back in 2009.
"Just sayin".Yes, sorry, I wasn't clear. I posted 500 races with a flat bet win profit more than once with HSH in the last year or so...in the VIP section. My entire goal was to duplicate Steve's efforts. I've actually done it at least three times...twice with HSH I believe, and once using TimeFormUS numbers. And there were multiple witnesses.

I haven't been posting picks for a while due to work commitments and my own commitment to get even better.

Partsnut
05-04-2019, 05:13 PM
Yes, sorry, I wasn't clear. I posted 500 races with a flat bet win profit more than once with HSH in the last year or so...in the VIP section. My entire goal was to duplicate Steve's efforts. I've actually done it at least three times...twice with HSH I believe, and once using TimeFormUS numbers. And there were multiple witnesses.

I haven't been posting picks for a while due to work commitments and my own commitment to get even better.

No apologies are necessary. I've enjoyed your board for many years.

I am glad you were successful and wish you continued success.

46zilzal
05-05-2019, 01:52 AM

"Just sayin".

HSH is the most productive multi factor approach to racing I have EVER used,,,,IT does take awhile to learn how to use it but there are a lot of support videos to show the ins and outs of how best to utilize their multiple approaches.

In my experience, it has no equal

mikesal57
05-05-2019, 05:36 PM
Yes, sorry, I wasn't clear. I posted 500 races with a flat bet win profit more than once with HSH in the last year or so...in the VIP section. My entire goal was to duplicate Steve's efforts. I've actually done it at least three times...twice with HSH I believe, and once using TimeFormUS numbers. And there were multiple witnesses.

You work?

:lol:

ubercapper
05-06-2019, 11:44 AM

-NCG

If you do get the rights to it, will it use BRIS files a consumer purchases themselves in the same way your current software does?

NorCalGreg
05-06-2019, 12:41 PM
If you do get the rights to it, will it use BRIS files a consumer purchases themselves in the same way your current software does?

All my programs use Bris single files, purchased from Bris by the user--it's a moot point now as the program is no longer available at any cost, Ellis.

Partsnut
05-06-2019, 02:35 PM
HSH is the most productive multi factor approach to racing I have EVER used,,,,IT does take awhile to learn how to use it but there are a lot of support videos to show the ins and outs of how best to utilize their multiple apprdoaches.

In my experience, it has no equal

Tim,

I value your opinion.

How long would it take me to learn it?
I consider you to be quite intelligent. How long did it take you to learn it?
How long would it take for me to recoup the cost of the software and show a profit? :eek:
Being close to eighty years of age, these issues would be big concern for me.

plainolebill
05-07-2019, 04:33 AM
I'm 76 and afraid I'm not swift enough to learn a new program. Even though Dave's stuff has provided me with some good insights, I've put off buying the program because it seems like I might be biting off more than I can chew.

I still use a program I've had for 16 or so years.

46zilzal
05-07-2019, 09:30 AM
HSH is so MULTI-FACETED that I am still learning new and various ways of its application now almost 5 years into the experience....MANY new updates have augmented the program since I signed on that make more variations more easily understood and then there are the constant video updates one can refer to.

For example, riding the coat tails (an angle I knew about parimutuelly but could never actually find a method to make it practical) allows me to play vertical EXOTICS in a way I never would have expected before I used it.

andicap
05-09-2019, 07:55 AM

Are you still using energy as a major part of your handicapping?

Partsnut
05-09-2019, 10:48 AM

I think 46 was using Validator prior to becoming an HSH user.

PaceAdvantage
05-11-2019, 02:51 PM
I think 46 was using Validator prior to becoming an HSH user.Andy isn't referencing a Sartin program but the Sartin concept of energy.

46zilzal
05-11-2019, 03:14 PM

Not as much, but it is inherent to my understanding of pace.

I used SPECULATOR, the last program Sartin's programmer wrote..Validator was unbalanced late

46zilzal
05-11-2019, 05:42 PM
HSH master handicapper and programmer Dave Schwartz has come up with a new wrinkle that, in limiting testing, is knocking it out of the park at the tracks where I have used it.

One thing about HSH: IT NEVER RESTS ON FORMER LAURELS and continues to evolve...BRAVO!!

Dave Schwartz
05-11-2019, 07:52 PM
HSH master handicapper and programmer Dave Schwartz has come up with a new wrinkle that, in limiting testing, is knocking it out of the park at the tracks where I have used it.

One thing about HSH: IT NEVER RESTS ON FORMER LAURELS and continues to evolve...BRAVO!!

I appreciate the compliment. Thank you, Tim.

(Brace yourself, 46, because you will shortly be accused of being my "shill" by somebody. I would never do that, of course.)

Since I have gotten a couple of emails and messages about this today, I will share a little.

I was working on a concept. Pretty cool stuff, actually. I placed it on a button called, "Magic." It was the beginning of the concept and since then I've moved past it.

Frankly, I had no intention of releasing it to the public because it was not fully fleshed out.

I really thought I had hidden the button from everyone but me, but apparently I had not. So, when I released an upgrade several months later, a couple of guys began to use it.

They've got no explanation, and no real understanding of what it does. It was just the beginning of what I recently released in an HSH seminar entitled, HSH Tiers Handicapping.

It is, by far, the most powerful tool I have ever developed.

The basic principle begins with 3 "Tiers."
1st Tier Low odds horses
2nd Tier Medium odds horses
3rd Tier High odds horses.

I should point out that these are not actual tote board odds. Instead, they are projected odds.

So, the approach is all about knowing how each tier should be handicapped. Well, the handicapping is actually the same for all tiers. But, depending upon the situation and the tier, you may want to play the BEST BET or you may want to play the WORST BET!

I know that sounds crazy, but it seems to be working.

As an example, across all the first tier horses that figure to be very low odds (6/5 or less)... they can be broken into two groups:

BET
These horses are currently making about 12% per wagered dollar. (before rebate).
BET AGAINST
These horses are currently returning a loss of around 45% per wagered dollar. (before rebate)

Notes:
1. There are far more projected low odds horses than actual low odds horses.

2. Many of the low odds horses do not go off at low odds. Many of the BET group will actually pay $6 to $9, and I have seen a few pay low double-digits. (Saw one pay $22.)

It is rare to see a NOT BET pay over $5.00.

I am trying to build a non-HSH version of this but thus far have not been successful because the workload is just too much for a guy with paper and pencil. Spreadsheet helps, but the issue is that there are just too many factors to look at.

I welcome questions. Understand that I have nothing to sell you at this time but perhaps I will in a month or two.

Dave

JimG
05-13-2019, 10:49 AM
Back to the original topic of Power online, can anyone share why it was taken off the market? Thanks.

Jim

MakersMark
05-13-2019, 11:19 AM
I really enjoyed it as well. I this the problem was converting it from a DOS based program.