PDA

View Full Version : Fonner Park

Pages : [1] 2

Lemon Drop Husker
04-26-2019, 08:37 AM
For the 3rd time in the short spring meet, Fonner Park will be raising their purses.

This is significant news for a racing community that does indeed love their horse racing, but doesn't get much of "good" horse racing. $2,500 claimers and Maiden races don't exactly excite many people for good reason.

Yes, we know, racing in Nebraska is not even a blip on the radar of 99% of the horse racing community. I can't blame you. Not since Jack Van Berg, Aksarben, and Alysheba; has Nebraska mattered much in this great sport.

But we are trying. And amid the biggest flooding the state has seen in 50 years and the woe is me world, racing is getting to be exciting again in the middle of nowhere.

Just last week a threesome of folks cashed a $91K ticket on a group $60 ticket in a P5 Jackpot pool. Maybe not a life changer, but for a track in which $20 Exactas are the norm, that is some pretty damn good stuff.

Now? For the third straight weekend, amid crowds nearing the likes of the good ol' days, Fonner is raising purse money yet again.

Many many thanks to Chris Kotulak who left Remington Park to come back home. :ThmbUp:

https://twitter.com/FonnerRacing/status/1121042631130144768

maclr11
04-26-2019, 08:44 PM
I for one am ready for the Bosselman tomorrow!

jay68802
04-27-2019, 02:02 AM
Many many thanks to Chris Kotulak who left Remington Park to come back home.

Just quoting LDH here. He has done a great job!

Teentrifecta
04-27-2019, 02:43 AM
For the 3rd time in the short spring meet, Fonner Park will be raising their purses.

This is significant news for a racing community that does indeed love their horse racing, but doesn't get much of "good" horse racing. $2,500 claimers and Maiden races don't exactly excite many people for good reason.

Yes, we know, racing in Nebraska is not even a blip on the radar of 99% of the horse racing community. I can't blame you. Not since Jack Van Berg, Aksarben, and Alysheba; has Nebraska mattered much in this great sport.

But we are trying. And amid the biggest flooding the state has seen in 50 years and the woe is me world, racing is getting to be exciting again in the middle of nowhere.

Just last week a threesome of folks cashed a $91K ticket on a group $60 ticket in a P5 Jackpot pool. Maybe not a life changer, but for a track in which $20 Exactas are the norm, that is some pretty damn good stuff.

Now? For the third straight weekend, amid crowds nearing the likes of the good ol' days, Fonner is raising purse money yet again.

Many many thanks to Chris Kotulak who left Remington Park to come back home. :ThmbUp:

https://twitter.com/FonnerRacing/status/1121042631130144768

You peaked my interest at a threesome of folks, but I guess a $91k pick5 ticket is almost as exciting.

Afleet
04-27-2019, 10:37 AM
Can they add a chute to make 6F races 1 turn?

jay68802
04-27-2019, 10:55 AM
Can they add a chute to make 6F races 1 turn?

Not enough room, unless they get rid of some stables.

Vinnie
04-27-2019, 11:00 AM
Awesome news all the way around. Growing up in NE and really never knowing what a horse race really was until long after the unfortunate departure of Aksarben, I am thrilled to hear any positive news about a possible upswing to the Nebraska racing scene. Keep the good news coming..... :)

Thomas Roulston
04-27-2019, 06:52 PM
Congratulations to Fonner Park.

But I still miss Ak-Sar-Ben.

delayjf
04-28-2019, 01:40 PM
But I still miss Ak-Sar-Ben.

Not a day goes by that I don't reminisce about the good old days at Ak-SAR-BEN. I worked as a groom for R E Lee and Orville Kemling back in the days when he had both Amadevil and Roman Zipper. I lived on the backstretch during the 1981 meet.

Jeff P
04-28-2019, 02:04 PM
1981 was the first year I took up betting on horses.

Because I grew up in Phoenix, Turf Paradise was where I cut my teeth as a handicapper.

One of the first custom data points I created was a class rating based on earnings and who beat who. The rating gave me a basic understanding as to the pecking order of the better horses on the grounds.

I recall that the several of the allowance horses running at Turf Paradise that year had one thing in common. A look at their past running lines revealed many had raced at AKS and had been soundly dusted by a horse named Bobby Ben.

I never saw him run. But my class ratings suggested he was something of a monster (at least compared to the better local horses stabled at Turf Paradise that year.)

-jp

cj
04-28-2019, 02:20 PM
Probably a good track to discard speed and pace figures since all races are hand timed. I do my best to make numbers but I'd never make a bet there based on them.

horses4courses
03-08-2020, 09:56 PM
No problems at Fonner Park getting a big crowd on Saturdays. :ThmbUp:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1236716850387402752

46zilzal
03-08-2020, 10:24 PM
excellent news all around

jay68802
03-08-2020, 11:24 PM
Saturday was a blast. Nice to be there and have a crowd. To watch races there I like to go to the concourse right next to the track. Three years ago I might have been 1 of 50 people there. Saturday, there was anywhere from 150 to 200 people out there. A co-worker told me he was going to the races for the first time Saturday. So I gave him picks for all the races. Had 6 of 10 winners. Hope they had fun.

clicknow
03-09-2020, 12:11 AM
Such great news!

I would love to go to Fonner Park. Sounds like my kinda place. Everyone I know who goes there loves it and is very loyal to their track.

Appy
03-10-2020, 11:14 AM
I think that compared to most lower tiered circuits racing in Nebraska is very good. People are friendly and enthusiastic and the facilities are pretty good. Fonner and Columbus were my faves. Barn area too crowded at Lincoln, but that's the case at most tracks. I never had the chance to take horses to Omaha. I met a lot of really fine people in Nebraska.

cnollfan
03-10-2020, 11:24 AM
I went to a handicapping contest at Fonner Park in January (before their live season opened). Chris Kotulak was extremely helpful and accommodating getting me set up with my laptop. I daresay he would do a better job running some big-city racetracks than their current management does. But I'm glad we've got him.

clicknow
03-10-2020, 12:13 PM
I saw some fonner videos on twitter yesterday, from Saturday, the crowds looks good in terms of very healthy attendance. Very nice.

Afleet
03-10-2020, 07:30 PM
No problems at Fonner Park getting a big crowd on Saturdays. :ThmbUp:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1236716850387402752

excellent-thanks for posting!

Afleet
03-10-2020, 07:35 PM
I almost went there last Saturday. Weather was supposed to be very windy and I have drove I-80 in high winds-wasn't that much fun

Immortal6
03-10-2020, 08:12 PM
We own a couple horses there, and I live 20 minutes away from Fonner. Have a horse that will be running again on the 21st of March (Sat.) if all goes according to plan. Anyone on here is welcome to PM me if you’re going to be out there and we can meet up for a beer. :headbanger:

clarkd32
03-10-2020, 08:21 PM
I went to a handicapping contest at Fonner Park in January (before their live season opened). Chris Kotulak was extremely helpful and accommodating getting me set up with my laptop. I daresay he would do a better job running some big-city racetracks than their current management does. But I'm glad we've got him.

I was at the same contest. It was my first time at Fonner and had a great experience. Chris was extremely helpful. I hope to make it back for live racing some weekend.

I'll be at the Lincoln contest this weekend.

Afleet
03-11-2020, 05:48 PM
We own a couple horses there, and I live 20 minutes away from Fonner. Have a horse that will be running again on the 21st of March (Sat.) if all goes according to plan. Anyone on here is welcome to PM me if you’re going to be out there and we can meet up for a beer. :headbanger:

I might head up for the contest, but there is a chance for snow. What tracks will be in the contest? I checked their website and didn't see anything. Any info about the format would be much appreciated

Immortal6
03-11-2020, 07:22 PM
I might head up for the contest, but there is a chance for snow. What tracks will be in the contest? I checked their website and didn't see anything. Any info about the format would be much appreciated

Lincoln has the contest this weekend and Omaha’s is is the weekend after. Fonner doesn’t have a contest this weekend that I’m aware of.

jay68802
03-11-2020, 09:08 PM
No contests at Fonner.

clarkd32
03-12-2020, 09:03 AM

I think the website has their simulcast schedule, which I am assuming any track is eligible. Pretty sure the last race for the contest is at 5pm (although the Rebel is 5:23 post time so I wonder if they will make that the last race?). It is W/P only I think also for the contest.

Afleet
03-12-2020, 12:05 PM
I think the website has their simulcast schedule, which I am assuming any track is eligible. Pretty sure the last race for the contest is at 5pm (although the Rebel is 5:23 post time so I wonder if they will make that the last race?). It is W/P only I think also for the contest.

thanks; so 10-12 races of our choice? Never played in these type of formats. I have only played online contests that tell you the races you are playing

cnollfan
03-12-2020, 12:26 PM
The structure for the Lincoln Race Course and Horsemen's Park handicapping contests on March 14 and March 21 is the same. $20 entry fee, $100 live bankroll, win and place wagering only. You must bet at least $100 and must bet on at least six races. Beyond that, there are no rules. Any track that is simulcast is eligible, any size wager, no odds caps.

The contest cuts off at 5 p.m. CDT. That means the Rebel and the 11th race at Oaklawn are NOT part of the contest. Neither is the 11th at Gulfstream. That's ridiculous, but those are the rules.

Not sure how the rules will apply to the Hurricane Bertie at Gulfstream with a scheduled post of 4:52 p.m. CDT, excluding a notorious post-time drag.

The complete rules are not posted on the tracks' websites, but are accessible on their Facebook pages.

I'll play at Horsemen's, but the Fonner contest is better IMHO -- no arbitrary this-race-counts-but-that-one-doesn't rules, runs to the end of the California racing day, virtually all bets accepted.

Afleet
03-12-2020, 12:41 PM
The structure for the Lincoln Race Course and Horsemen's Park handicapping contests on March 14 and March 21 is the same. $20 entry fee, $100 live bankroll, win and place wagering only. You must bet at least $100 and must bet on at least six races. Beyond that, there are no rules. Any track that is simulcast is eligible, any size wager, no odds caps.

The contest cuts off at 5 p.m. CDT. That means the Rebel and the 11th race at Oaklawn are NOT part of the contest. Neither is the 11th at Gulfstream. That's ridiculous, but those are the rules.

Not sure how the rules will apply to the Hurricane Bertie at Gulfstream with a scheduled post of 4:52 p.m. CDT, excluding a notorious post-time drag.

The complete rules are not posted on the tracks' websites, but are accessible on their Facebook pages.

I'll play at Horsemen's, but the Fonner contest is better IMHO -- no arbitrary this-race-counts-but-that-one-doesn't rules, runs to the end of the California racing day, virtually all bets accepted.

Can you play the Lincoln contest @Horsemans?

cnollfan
03-12-2020, 03:38 PM
Can you play the Lincoln contest @Horsemans? No, you must be at the specific venue for each contest.

Afleet
03-12-2020, 03:51 PM
No, you must be at the specific venue for each contest.

thanks!

deelo
03-13-2020, 02:51 AM

5:00 cut-off applies to scheduled post times so Hurricane Bertie is good for contest even when the Gulfstream delay sends it off around sunset.

Good to see them split weekends, usually Lincoln/Omaha are same day and you have to choose.

Immortal6
03-13-2020, 09:16 AM
Some Fonner picks for today before we inevitably shut down the rest of the weekend due to snow/corona virus :rip:

marksinger
03-13-2020, 09:47 AM
Thank you Immortal 6.
Mark

Immortal6
03-13-2020, 07:50 PM
Results for today. Pretty good day. Netted around $200 after beer and betting expenses.

Afleet
03-13-2020, 07:53 PM
Results for today. Pretty good day. Netted around $200 after beer and betting expenses.

:ThmbUp:
nice!

jay68802
03-18-2020, 02:29 PM
Fonner Park has suspended Live racing. Link for updates.

http://fonnerpark.com

turfeyejoe
03-20-2020, 01:43 PM
Fonner is going to experiment with Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday format, when there are few options for horseplayers. Essentially, they're up against Will Rogers Downs. Do you think anybody will play Fonner from home? The pools are very small, so the exotic multi-race payoffs aren't substantial.

wisconsin
03-20-2020, 01:45 PM
Fonner is going to experiment with Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday format, when there are few options for horseplayers. Essentially, they're up against Will Rogers Downs. Do you think anybody will play Fonner from home? The pools are very small, so the exotic multi-race payoffs aren't substantial.

They will be much bigger under this scenario.

jay68802
03-20-2020, 01:48 PM

Do not know where you can see them. Not on twinspires. Payouts are good. especially if you go against the track selections. Pick 5 is a good bet with a carryover. We have been alive for the whole pool twice now. Have not hit it yet.

Anyone know who carries their signal?

turfeyejoe
03-20-2020, 01:53 PM
Just last Sunday, I watched Fonner on Twinspires. There was a very cool moment. Jockey balked at riding a longshot as horses approached starting gate and Tara Hynes, the lone apprentice on the grounds with 1-for-94 lifetime record, picked up the mount. She came from off the pace to win at 20-1.

jay68802
03-20-2020, 01:55 PM
Just last Sunday, I watched Fonner on Twinspires. There was a very cool moment. Jockey balked at riding a longshot as horses approached starting gate and Tara Hynes, the lone apprentice on the grounds with 1-for-94 lifetime record, picked up the mount. She came from off the pace to win at 20-1.

I might be blocked from the signal since I live in Nebr. Tara might not be that talented, but is a hard worker and seems to love what she is doing.

turfeyejoe
03-22-2020, 03:46 PM
Fonner looks like it will be the only track open on Monday and Tuesday now that Will Rogers has been shut down. It will be interesting to see how high their handle soars compared to regular race day.

Afleet
03-22-2020, 03:54 PM
Fonner looks like it will be the only track open on Monday and Tuesday now that Will Rogers has been shut down. It will be interesting to see how high their handle soars compared to regular race day.

hope its a huge boon for them!

Appy
03-22-2020, 09:15 PM
"hope its a huge boon for them!"
Me too! If you have expressbet you can login and see the races on their video feed.

Clocker
03-22-2020, 09:39 PM
Anyone know who carries their signal?

Xpressbet shows it on their schedule for tomorrow, Monday.

ReplayRandall
03-22-2020, 10:54 PM
Fonner looks like it will be the only track open on Monday and Tuesday now that Will Rogers has been shut down. It will be interesting to see how high their handle soars compared to regular race day.The racing operations at WRD will continue without spectators during this same time period, continuing on Monday March 23, 2020....Full 9-race card.

Appy
03-23-2020, 11:35 AM
Haven't looked at WRD yet, but just opened the FON card for today and was surprised that R1 I know almost all the guys entering in that race!

I like the timing schedule too. Later is better for me, although my evening chore time is right during the mid to late card races. This looks like it could be fun!

Afleet
03-23-2020, 12:23 PM
Thought someone posted OK stopped racing

jay68802
03-23-2020, 12:37 PM
Quick Picks

Race #1: :4: :8:

Race #2: :2: :7:

Race #3: :3: :7:

Race #4: :1: :4:

Race #5: :5: :7:

Race #6: :5: :6:

Race #7: :2: :7:

Race #8: :6: :7: :8:

Race #9: :5: :7:

Appy
03-23-2020, 01:03 PM
Thought someone posted OK stopped racing

Equibase currently showing WRD good to go. Same for Fonner.

jay68802
03-23-2020, 01:06 PM
Quick Picks

Race #1: :4: :8:

Race #2: :2: :7:

Race #3: :3: :7:

Race #4: :1: :4:

Race #5: :5: :7:

Race #6: :5: :6:

Race #7: :2: :7:

Race #8: :6: :7: :8:

Race #9: :5: :7:

For Fonner BTW.

Appy
03-23-2020, 01:09 PM
Jay, I notice your pick for R1 includes the 8 horse. Hoffman a friend of mine. Great guy and puts together a nice saddle. That's my pick for 'flyer' play.

theiman
03-23-2020, 01:41 PM
If anyone follows harness racing, Cal Expo has moved their cards to Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons at 3.05pm PDT. (previously Fri and Sat 6.10pm PDT)

I believe Cal Expo is the only harness track in N. America that is operating. If this isnt correct please advise who is running,

Immortal6
03-23-2020, 02:03 PM
My picks are up in the selections section, feel free to post live plays there....or here either one works! Hope Fonner does well handle wise today.

jay68802
03-23-2020, 02:06 PM
My picks are up in the selections section, feel free to post live plays there....or here either one works! Hope Fonner does well handle wise today.

And now they are here.:) Good luck.

Immortal6
03-23-2020, 07:39 PM
It isn’t reflected in my picks above but my play of the day :7: Moonfield is coming up this next race. Second try on the Fonner surface for Gonzalez and gets the great jockey switch to Olesiak. $20 win and $5 ex box with :2::5:

Immortal6
03-23-2020, 07:58 PM
It isn’t reflected in my picks above but my play of the day :7: Moonfield is coming up this next race. Second try on the Fonner surface for Gonzalez and gets the great jockey switch to Olesiak. $20 win and $5 ex box with :2::5:

$94 for the win
$44 for $5 exacta :headbanger:

thaskalos
03-23-2020, 08:03 PM
After betting Fonner Park today on Twinspires...I swear I'll never talk bad about any other racetrack here again.

Prairie Bettor
03-23-2020, 09:59 PM
After betting Fonner Park today on Twinspires...I swear I'll never talk bad about any other racetrack here again.

Agreed. Fonner is "interesting"

Elkchester Road
03-23-2020, 10:08 PM
Excellent job selecting, Immortal6. On the other hand, that was one hell of a BS ride by Armando Martinez on the favorite :5:.

Elkchester Road
03-23-2020, 10:12 PM

Agreed, Thaskalos. Tough sledding. :eek:

deelo
03-24-2020, 12:19 AM
I’m hearing north of $1.3 million handle which is supposedly about their last 5 cards combined. Well played Fonner.

ReplayRandall
03-24-2020, 12:27 AM
I’m hearing north of $1.3 million handle which is supposedly about their last 5 cards combined. Well played Fonner.Congrats to Nebraska....Only sport left to bet on, easy money, like the old days.

jay68802
03-24-2020, 03:14 AM
Happy for Fonner, great handle.

Tuesday

Race #1: :8: :10:

Race #2: :5: :7:

Race #3: :1: :9:

Race #4: :1: :4: :9:

Race #5: :6: :8:

Race #6: :4: :7: :9:

Race #7: :3: :4:

Race #8: :6: :8:

Race #9: :1: :4: :8:

Race #10: :5: :8:

turfeyejoe
03-24-2020, 08:11 AM
The sad part about the $1.3M handle is track CEO says Fonner's share of the pie is tiny and insufficient to continue racing beyond the two-week experimental period.

Afleet
03-24-2020, 10:28 AM
WRD product is much better in my opinion and I grew up on Fonner

PICSIX
03-24-2020, 11:52 AM
Good Luck:headbanger:

Appy
03-24-2020, 11:55 AM
I didn't get rich playing Fonner yesterday either, but I had a fun time and really like the date/time format. Two of my acquaintance/friends had horses running in 4 races and both scored in a race to key nice payouts. So that was fun.
I was watching/playing without benefit of database or track model for both FON and WRD, which is something that would normally be an auto pass for me. But I saw some FON trends in one day I think will be useful if I look in again today.
Also got a nice ex at WRD when a 15-1 horse entered by a friend of mine came in just under the fave to make for a nice little score.
Hard to believe an increase 4-5 times normal doesn't provide sufficient incentive to continue a fan/player friendly plan.

Clocker
03-24-2020, 02:21 PM
Hard to believe an increase 4-5 times normal doesn't provide sufficient incentive to continue a fan/player friendly plan.

Apparently that does not translate into 4-5 times revenue for the track.

That includes the handle. With racing fans watching from all over the United States — including on the TVG Network — Fonner brought in $1,340,047 in handle.

That was an all-time record at Fonner. There were $1.2 million days in 1983 and 1990. The one in 1983 was exclusively bet at Fonner Park, while the one in 1990 included out-of-state wagering.

“Monday, March 23, was a monumental day in the history of Fonner Park,” Kotulak said. “Unfortunately that was not the case for recouping expenses to conduct racing. The horsemen and Fonner Park retain only a tiny sliver of the overall money that’s raised.”
https://www.theindependent.com/sports/fonner/fonner-racing-produces-million-handle-but-it-may-not-be/article_c86e2366-6d72-11ea-acb4-1fe223d09fcd.html

Clocker
03-24-2020, 03:57 PM
Live streaming from Fonner:

https://fonnerpark.com/racing/video-center/

Appy
03-24-2020, 03:58 PM
My pals are running horses in R1 R3 R4 and R5 of today's races I've capped so far. I think we have a great chance to win R4 with #4 and decent chance to hit board with #2 in R5 at least.

PICSIX
03-24-2020, 04:42 PM

Boom:headbanger:Right out the gate:ThmbUp:

fastfasterfastest
03-24-2020, 06:59 PM
Hate seeing a rider change at 2 minutes to post. Usually means the rider on during the post parade and warmup doesn't like what he feels and fears riding the horse. I can't say for sure that's the issue here in the 6th but if it is the horse should be scratched straight away. I guess it's not surprising with 2500 claiming types

jay68802
03-25-2020, 02:54 AM
Wednesday

Race #1: :2::6::7:

Race #2: :4::7:

Race #3: :4::5:

Race #4: :7::9:

Race #5: :4::9:

Race #6: :4::5::8:

Race #7: :2::7:

Race #8: :3::8:

deelo
03-25-2020, 10:47 AM
Hate seeing a rider change at 2 minutes to post. Usually means the rider on during the post parade and warmup doesn't like what he feels and fears riding the horse. I can't say for sure that's the issue here in the 6th but if it is the horse should be scratched straight away. I guess it's not surprising with 2500 claiming types

It’s Fonner. More likely the jock showed up to the gate wasted and got sent back :D

fastfasterfastest
03-25-2020, 12:57 PM
Haha entirely possible.

Immortal6
03-25-2020, 03:27 PM
Here are today’s picks. Have a feeling the pick 5 could see a couple bombs and have a big payout. GL all.

Clocker
03-25-2020, 05:02 PM
Fonner Trivia: Watching videos of the races from Fonner, I noticed that the jockeys don't wear the silks of the owners or trainers. The silks are plain, solid colors, and are the same colors as the standard saddle cloths used in other tracks. The jockey on #1 wears a red cap, red silks, and the usual red saddle cloth. Jockey #2 wears white silks, and so on.

Anybody ever seen this anyplace else before?

turfeyejoe
03-25-2020, 05:08 PM
Yes, years ago it was common at small tracks.

Elkchester Road
03-25-2020, 08:02 PM
Fonner Trivia: Watching videos of the races from Fonner, I noticed that the jockeys don't wear the silks of the owners or trainers. The silks are plain, solid colors, and are the same colors as the standard saddle cloths used in other tracks. The jockey on #1 wears a red cap, red silks, and the usual red saddle cloth. Jockey #2 wears white silks, and so on.

Anybody ever seen this anyplace else before?

Off the top of my head...Mountaineer Park and Will Rogers Downs also do this. Also...with some tracks if a Jockey has to wear House Silks in lieu of having the Owner's silks at the track the House Colors will correspond with the Saddle Pad. :)

spiketoo
03-25-2020, 11:11 PM
Can't remember if here or WRD the other day but outsider was smoking a cig. Classic.

spiketoo
03-26-2020, 01:42 AM
That should say outrider.

jay68802
03-29-2020, 11:13 PM
3/29

Race #1: :2::6:

Race #2: :2::6:

Race #3: :3::7:

Race #4: :3::8:

Race #5: :6::7:

Race #6: :1::5:

Race #7: :2::6:

Race #8: :3::8:

Race #9: :1::3:

spang99
03-30-2020, 11:15 AM
Looking forward to today's card as Fonner has provided a welcome respite from the worry and stress of living through a pandemic. I've always enjoyed small track racing since cutting my teeth at Commodore Downs near Erie Pa. way back in the day so this place is right up my ally.

As a plus, I think they do a nice job with their simulcast presentation.

I appreciate and salute their efforts to keep us in the game and to provide their horse people a chance to catch a check or two.

Frost king
03-30-2020, 01:03 PM
HPI Woodbine is now offering Fonner Park

jay68802
03-30-2020, 01:05 PM
$165,000 Jackpot Pick 5. Never seen that before.

deelo
03-30-2020, 01:10 PM
$165,000 Jackpot Pick 5. Never seen that before.

Last year high was $89k when hit if I remember correctly.

jay68802
03-30-2020, 01:20 PM
Last year high was $89k when hit if I remember correctly.

Think you are right, when it was at about $40,000 we had a live ticket for the whole thing, had the lead halfway around the final turn and ended up third.

If you look at my picks, you will notice the last leg is a couple of shots.

deelo
03-30-2020, 01:31 PM
Think you are right, when it was at about $40,000 we had a live ticket for the whole thing, had the lead halfway around the final turn and ended up third.

If you look at my picks, you will notice the last leg is a couple of shots.

Fair enough, gotta play loose if you want it all

jay68802
03-30-2020, 01:43 PM
Pick 5 for today. We will have about 5 tickets. One will look like this

:6::7: / :1::5::8: / :2::6::7: / :3::8: / :1::2::3::9:

The others will be up to a couple of friends.

Immortal6
03-30-2020, 02:03 PM
Picks for today are attached.

Our Stable my dad and I started has a horse running in the nightcap, “Resilience of Love” is it’s name. For those of you watching on TVG you may get a glimpse of me in the winners circle as only owners are allowed in during the race their horse is entered in. We are up against some stiff competition with horses shipping in from all over entered into this race, but I like our chances as good as any in here. Wish us luck and hope that all horses come back safe and sound. :headbanger:

jay68802
03-30-2020, 02:07 PM

Our Stable my dad and I started has a horse running in the nightcap, “Resilience of Love” is it’s name. For those of you watching on TVG you may get a glimpse of me in the winners circle as only owners are allowed in during the race their horse is entered in. We are up against some stiff competition with horses shipping in from all over entered into this race, but I like our chances as good as any in here. Wish us luck and hope that all horses come back safe and sound. :headbanger:

Stay out of a duel on the front! IMO.

Good luck!

Appy
03-30-2020, 02:56 PM

Best of luck Immortal. I'll root for you.

I didnt even get the ard for FON today. Too much work to do here on the ranch. Got a lot done yesterday and already today though. I'll be watching. Got at least 10 more horses by trainers I know running over next 3 days. Should be some fun racing.
I'd imagine with FON being the only game around there will be a lot of shippers coming in. I never liked that, although technically I was one of them.

Afleet
03-30-2020, 03:07 PM

good luck!

Michael
03-30-2020, 06:34 PM
Good Luck to you and your dad!

For anyone that wants to follow along I dug up the pps

http://www.brisnet.com/php/bw_pdf_viewer.php?track=FON&race=9&param1=2133&param2=2370&param3=1272600

Suff
03-30-2020, 07:00 PM
Good Luck to you and your dad!

For anyone that wants to follow along I dug up the pps

http://www.brisnet.com/php/bw_pdf_viewer.php?track=FON&race=9&param1=2133&param2=2370&param3=1272600

Link didn't work for me. Good Luck Immortal. :ThmbUp:

https://i.ibb.co/wYkPQNd/fonner.jpg (https://ibb.co/CWcY95w)

Immortal6
03-30-2020, 08:41 PM
Just hoping he comes out of it ok tomorrow. Didn’t run a lick.

Afleet
03-30-2020, 08:55 PM

had a horse I'm in on run 8th last week at GP-its hard to win and such a let down to lose. But like you said hopefully he came out of it good and live to fight another day

jay68802
03-31-2020, 03:21 AM
3/31

Race #1: :4::7:

Race #2: :3::7::10:

Race #3: :3::8::10:

Race #4: :3::7:

Race #5: :1::5:

Race #6: :2::4:

Race #7: :2::6::7:

Race #8: :3::7:

Race #9: :1::8:

Suff
03-31-2020, 02:27 PM

The speed he's shown has been 4 & 5 furlong speed. I only have the last 10 races. His best figures are at 6F, but that was a year ago. He never got out and anything close to forwardly placed even.

Big trainers say that if they eat all their food then they came out ok. What have you learned after?

PICSIX
03-31-2020, 03:34 PM

jay68802
03-31-2020, 03:39 PM
Fonner will be running next week, Monday April 6th, through Wednesday April 8th.

spang99
03-31-2020, 04:42 PM
Fonner will be running next week, Monday April 6th, through Wednesday April 8th.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0K4m0mzkJDAIdhHW/giphy.gif

Immortal6
03-31-2020, 09:12 PM
The speed he's shown has been 4 & 5 furlong speed. I only have the last 10 races. His best figures are at 6F, but that was a year ago. He never got out and anything close to forwardly placed even.

Big trainers say that if they eat all their food then they came out ok. What have you learned after?

We knew 2 turns would be a test for him. We now fully realize he has distance limitations up to about 5.5 furlongs in 1 turn races. We delivered a bale of hay to the barn this morning and he was getting around fine and eating. Jock said he kind of fought him a bit going into the first turn and just didn’t like his footing. He held him up the last 2 furlongs to keep from expending more energy than he needed to. I’m glad he didn’t scrub on him and whip the shit out of him trying to save 6th place...

We are considering it a glorified workout and will look to find a spot for him at 4F next week.

jay68802
04-01-2020, 03:34 AM
4/1

Race #1: :3::6::8:

Race #2: :7::8:

Race #3: :1::2:

Race #4: :4::7::9:

Race #5: :4::7::9:

Race #6: :2::3:

Race #7: :2::4::8:

Race #8: :1::3::8:

Race #9: :2::4::8:

RunForTheRoses
04-01-2020, 09:03 AM
4/1

You Foolin Me?

jay68802
04-01-2020, 12:58 PM
You Foolin Me?

If I was fooling, all the races would be: :4::1:

thaskalos
04-01-2020, 05:31 PM
As I watch these Fonner horses run...I have to double-check to make sure that I didn't use a different race's past performances when I handicapped.

Muddy
04-01-2020, 05:41 PM
When you do finally stumble on to one it doesn't pay anything. Its like everyone had it too.

races 2-6 .50 p-5 starts Monday.

wisconsin
04-01-2020, 05:42 PM
As I watch these Fonner horses run...I have to double-check to make sure that I didn't use a different race's past performances when I handicapped.

Getting my butt kicked, myself.

fastfasterfastest
04-01-2020, 05:58 PM

Samething just happened in todays 3rd, the same jockey also.

Muddy
04-01-2020, 06:40 PM
Race 4 #9 It looked like Tara Hynes didn't have a stick to urge her horse down the stretch. Watched the replay it looked like she never had one.

thaskalos
04-01-2020, 07:11 PM

We better take a break before we get busted by the time the real tracks resume running.

jay68802
04-02-2020, 02:07 AM
4/1

Race 4 #9 It looked like Tara Hynes didn't have a stick to urge her horse down the stretch. Watched the replay it looked like she never had one.

7 for 9 today. Fonner is like this, I was 1 for 10 two mondays ago. Guys should brush up on owner / trainer combos, and the jocks they use.

Watch Tara's $66 winner on Monday, she did not have a whip in that race either. Very rarely uses one.

thaskalos
04-02-2020, 02:24 AM
7 for 9 today. Fonner is like this, I was 1 for 10 two mondays ago. Guys should brush up on owner / trainer combos, and the jocks they use.

Watch Tara's $66 winner on Monday, she did not have a whip in that race either. Very rarely uses one.

I must be reading your picks wrong. I see 2 winners on top...at mutuel prices of $3.40 and $4.80

ReplayRandall
04-02-2020, 02:29 AM
I must be reading your picks wrong. I see 2 winners on top...at mutuel prices of $3.40 and $4.80He's using Nitro's results method....:pound::pound:

thaskalos
04-02-2020, 02:43 AM
He's using Nitro's results method....:pound::pound:

Sorry...didn't know that. I take back my previous comment then. :ThmbUp:

lamboguy
04-02-2020, 02:48 AM
I must be reading your picks wrong. I see 2 winners on top...at mutuel prices of $3.40 and $4.80people play multiple race wagers, the pick 3, pick 4, pick 5, and some variation of pick 6. therefore they wind up with selections in every race, and then they have multiple horses in every race.

this particular handicapper only has up to 3 horses per race, but there are others that play 4 horses.

my problem happens to be that its tough enough to come up with 1 horse to wager on in a race, and to tell you how bad i am, there are plenty of days that i go through 5 or 6 different race cards and only come up with 1 horse to play for the whole day, and many times no horses to play on that day. but these guys with the multiple selections all win and i lose.

this new way to bet horses are brought to you by public handicappers. if you open up the racing form there is a page that their handicappers release their top 3 selections every race every day. if you turn on the simulcast feeds from tracks, you will find those track handicappers with 4 horses per race. i hardly have ever seen a handicapper not release his selection on any given race.

Gus, i just want to let you know that you are behind the times betting horses. its high time that you get with the program.

thaskalos
04-02-2020, 02:57 AM
people play multiple race wagers, the pick 3, pick 4, pick 5, and some variation of pick 6. therefore they wind up with selections in every race, and then they have multiple horses in every race.

this particular handicapper only has up to 3 horses per race, but there are others that play 4 horses.

my problem happens to be that its tough enough to come up with 1 horse to wager on in a race, and to tell you how bad i am, there are plenty of days that i go through 5 or 6 different race cards and only come up with 1 horse to play for the whole day, and many times no horses to play on that day. but these guys with the multiple selections all win and i lose.

this new way to bet horses are brought to you by public handicappers. if you open up the racing form there is a page that their handicappers release their top 3 selections every race every day. if you turn on the simulcast feeds from tracks, you will find those track handicappers with 4 horses per race. i hardly have ever seen a handicapper not release his selection on any given race.

Gus, i just want to let you know that you are behind the times betting horses. its high time that you get with the program.

Thanks for the advice, Phil...but I wish you had told me this sooner. Because now that you are telling me to "get with the program"...there are no races left for me to bet on. You don't expect me to go broke betting Fonner Park...do you? :)

Stay safe my friend. :ThmbUp:

Afleet
04-04-2020, 07:30 PM
Only Fonner and Will Rogers Downs have been conducting live racing on Mondays and Tuesday amid the COVID-19 pandemic. The result has been an enormous increase in handle at both tracks. Fonner Park realized a 272.2% increase in betting handle in March 2020 versus March of 2019. Will Rogers Downs saw an increase of 657.5% over the same period.

https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/Fonner_Park_announces_jackpot_pick_5_mandatory_pay out_123

Clocker
04-04-2020, 09:24 PM
Fonner Park realized a 272.2% increase in betting handle in March 2020 versus March of 2019. Will Rogers Downs saw an increase of 657.5% over the same period.

A quick glance at the cards for both tracks for Monday shows Fonner offering 9 races with a combined total of less than $50 thousand in purse money. WRD has 10 races with a combined total of over $150 thousand.

jay68802
04-05-2020, 11:19 PM
4/6

Listed by Post Position, since I do not know track condition, scratches, jockey changes, or possible bias, or final odds. So if you ever have said, "As I watch these Fonner horses run...I have to double-check to make sure that I didn't use a different race's past performances when I handicapped." or "Getting my butt kicked, myself." Maybe you can use this as a guide and make those race time decisions yourself. And Welcome back for those that fee, "We better take a break before we get busted by the time the real tracks resume running."

Race #1: :4::5:

Race #2: :5::8:

Race #3: :4::6::10:

Race #4: :3::6::8:

Race #5: :4::5::8:

Race #6: :3::8:

Race #7: :2::7::10:

Race #8: :7::10:

Race #9: :5::6::9:

lamboguy
04-06-2020, 08:39 AM
Only Fonner and Will Rogers Downs have been conducting live racing on Mondays and Tuesday amid the COVID-19 pandemic. The result has been an enormous increase in handle at both tracks. Fonner Park realized a 272.2% increase in betting handle in March 2020 versus March of 2019. Will Rogers Downs saw an increase of 657.5% over the same period.

https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/Fonner_Park_announces_jackpot_pick_5_mandatory_pay out_123with the casino's closed and spectator sports suspended, i believe you would see this type of increase from any race track running these days.

NBC sports and TVG have formed a partnership to show racing on the weekends.

this certainly is a boost for the time being for those that chose to run.

Boomer
04-06-2020, 04:57 PM
4/6

Listed by Post Position, since I do not know track condition, scratches, jockey changes, or possible bias, or final odds. So if you ever have said, "As I watch these Fonner horses run...I have to double-check to make sure that I didn't use a different race's past performances when I handicapped." or "Getting my butt kicked, myself." Maybe you can use this as a guide and make those race time decisions yourself. And Welcome back for those that fee, "We better take a break before we get busted by the time the real tracks resume running."

Race #1: :4::5:

Race #2: :5::8:

Race #3: :4::6::10:

Race #4: :3::6::8:

Race #5: :4::5::8:

Race #6: :3::8:

Race #7: :2::7::10:

Race #8: :7::10:

Race #9: :5::6::9:

Good Luck Jay...I started a thread in the handicapping section. Feel free to comment

therussmeister
04-07-2020, 02:40 AM
Fonner has a mandatory payout on their late pick 5 today April 7. There is a $497,000 carryover pool.

jay68802
04-07-2020, 02:45 AM
4/7

Race #1: :1::7:

Race #2: :1::2:

Race #3: :1::6::7:

Race #4: :2::6::7:

Race #5: :1::4::9:

Race #6: :1::3::7:

Race #7: :2::7::8:

Race #8: :9::10:

turfeyejoe
04-07-2020, 08:02 AM
What is the minimum bet? Is it $2, $1 or 50 cents?

CheckMark
04-07-2020, 08:18 AM
Liking :6: Indy N Roses @ 8-1 in Race 7 today.

Started thread if anyone want’s to join in on any race today!

Best of luck gents! :jump:

RunForTheRoses
04-07-2020, 08:28 AM

spang99
04-07-2020, 09:27 AM

Highly profitable trainer / jock combo.... 3rd off the layoff but its concerning that she's had another month off. She's stretching back out to 6F which is good. I think that there are some things to like about her.

She'll be on some of my tickets as well. Good luck

Muddy
04-07-2020, 10:14 AM
Use Extreme Caution when playing this race. LOL

pandy
04-07-2020, 10:21 AM
I have a question for CJ, or anyone who does their own speed figures. I don't have current speed tables for Fonner Park.

The times are very slow. Is that because the track is slow, or are the horses very slow?

jay68802
04-07-2020, 11:19 AM

$.50

jay68802
04-07-2020, 11:22 AM
I have a question for CJ, or anyone who does their own speed figures. I don't have current speed tables for Fonner Park.

The times are very slow. Is that because the track is slow, or are the horses very slow?

One of the slowest tracks in America. Remember, races are hand timed there, good idea is if you see what is unusually fast or slow time to check it yourself.

jay68802
04-07-2020, 11:33 AM
One I really like today is in the 5th. The :1: Chuckmate, trained and owned by Salvador Arceo. Take this for what it is worth, Sal is my friend. No, I have not spoken with him at all. Can say one thing, that last work is very unusual for him. He works his own horses and does not work them fast. Do not think I have ever seen a bullet work from him. He had his hands full in that morning, and that is a good sign.

Boomer
04-07-2020, 11:41 AM
One I really like today is in the 5th. The :1: Chuckmate, trained and owned by Salvador Arceo. Take this for what it is worth, Sal is my friend. No, I have not spoken with him at all. Can say one thing, that last work is very unusual for him. He works his own horses and does not work them fast. Do not think I have ever seen a bullet work from him. He had his hands full in that morning, and that is a good sign.

Thanks Jay, BTW Chuckmate is in race 6.
If you throw out his last 3 synthetics he has a real shot. shhhh

Also, I see they have a p5 listed in the DRF starting in race 1. I am now confused where the manadatory starts and what happens if there is only one winner on the early P5

jay68802
04-07-2020, 11:59 AM
Mandatory payout will be in the late P 5.

Boomer
04-07-2020, 12:15 PM
Though it is highly unlikely, this seems to mean if there is a single winner of the early p5 that will negate a carryover into the late p5.

And with both p5's overlapping, will they put the early p5 money into the carryover for the late p5 after the sequence already starts in race 4?

Big issue for Fonner will be if there is a single winner to the early p5. There will likely be a pretty big uproar.

jay68802
04-07-2020, 12:19 PM
Though it is highly unlikely, this seems to mean if there is a single winner of the early p5 that will negate a carryover into the late p5.

And with both p5's overlapping, will they put the early p5 money into the carryover for the late p5 after the sequence already starts in race 4?

Big issue for Fonner will be if there is a single winner to the early p5. There will likely be a pretty big uproar.

They are separate pools.

Boomer
04-07-2020, 12:28 PM
I know they are separate pools but

Fonner pick 5 is always one winner or a carry over.

Are you saying the early p5 will pay out it's own pool to multiple winners ( or no winners will pay off on 4?) and none will carry over in case of multiple winners or no winners

I guess that will be the only time they have done so this season.

jay68802
04-07-2020, 12:50 PM
I know they are separate pools but

Fonner pick 5 is always one winner or a carry over.

Are you saying the early p5 will pay out it's own pool to multiple winners ( or no winners will pay off on 4?) and none will carry over in case of multiple winners or no winners

I guess that will be the only time they have done so this season.

"Are you saying the early p5 will pay out it's own pool to multiple winners ( or no winners will pay off on 4?) and none will carry over in case of multiple winners or no winners"

Yes.

jay68802
04-07-2020, 01:41 PM
Tickets for today:

1: 6,7 / 1,4 / 1,5,7 / 3,5,7,8 / 9,10

2: 6,7 / 2,9 / 1,5,7 / 3,5,7,8 / 9,10

3: 6,7 / 2,9 / 1,2 / 3,5,7,8 / 9,10

4: 6,7 / 2,9 / 1,5,7 / 3,5,7,8 / 5,8

5: 7,9 / 1,4 / 1,2 / 3,5,7,8 / 9,10

6: 7,9 / 1,4 / 1,5,7/ 3,5,7,8/ 5,8

7: 7,9 / 1,4 / 1,5,7 / 3,5,7,8 / 9,10

8: 7,9 / 2,9 / 1,2 / 3,5,7,8 / 5,8

9: 7,9 / 2,9 / 6 / 3,5,7,8 / 9,10

10: 7,9 / 2,9 / 1,2 / 3,5,7,8 / 9,10

11: 7,9 / 2,9 / 1,5,7 / 3,5,7,8 / 5,8

12: 2 / 2,9 / 1,5,7 / 3,5,7,8 / 9,10

Racetrack Playa
04-07-2020, 02:00 PM
2, 9
3, 6, 9
1, 7, 8
2, 3, 6, 7, 8
5, 9, 10
https://youtu.be/qwf84zcYDqY?t=190

jay68802
04-07-2020, 02:02 PM
Tickets for today:

1: 6,7 / 4,6 / 1,5,7 / 3,5,7,8 / 9,10

4: 6,7 / 2,9 / 1,5,7 / 3,5,7,8 / 4,6

5: 7,9 / 4,6 / 1,2 / 3,5,7,8 / 9,10

6: 7,9 / 4.6 / 1,5,7/ 3,5,7,8/ 4,6

7: 7,9 / 4,6 / 1,5,7 / 3,5,7,8 / 9,10

8: 7,9 / 2,9 / 1,2 / 3,5,7,8 / 4.6

11: 7,9 / 2,9 / 1,5,7 / 3,5,7,8 / 4,6

a few errors in last one.

Immortal6
04-07-2020, 02:04 PM
Tickets for today:

What do all those add up to? Talked to my guys we play the pick 5 with and we have a $480 ticket now. Tried explaining to them we could split it into multiple tickets

jay68802
04-07-2020, 02:30 PM
What do all those add up to? Talked to my guys we play the pick 5 with and we have a $480 ticket now. Tried explaining to them we could split it into multiple tickets

$476.00 for the tickets listed. we are playing a couple of tickets more than once.

Robert Fischer
04-07-2020, 02:39 PM

:ThmbUp: Good luck.

:1: Chuckmate actually popped up on my 'Watch List' this morning. Rarely have runners pop up, at Fonner Park.
Notes = "vs grn 109,1125" Dates are sometimes approximate. (May have been against the pace setup on Nov 25 or so 2019, and Jan 09th or so 2020.)

But Chuck is in Race 6. :)

I'm looking for this Pick-5!

Good luck Jay, everyone.

jay68802
04-07-2020, 02:45 PM
This is funny, I have 3 different conversations going about the P 5 right now and one person keeps calling it the $.20 P 5. and is confusing the hell out of me.:confused::D

jay68802
04-07-2020, 02:46 PM
:ThmbUp: Good luck.

:1: Chuckmate actually popped up on my 'Watch List' this morning. Rarely have runners pop up, at Fonner Park.
Notes = "vs grn 109,1125" Dates are sometimes approximate. (May have been against the pace setup on Nov 25 or so 2019, and Jan 09th or so 2020.)

But Chuck is in Race 6. :)

I'm looking for this Pick-5!

Good luck Jay, everyone.

I know what race he is in.:blush: See above post.

Robert Fischer
04-07-2020, 02:54 PM
I know what race he is in.:blush: See above post.

Thank you for posting up your Fonner Park Selections:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Robert Fischer
04-07-2020, 03:31 PM
Ohhh! the mandatory Pick-5 is races 4-8!
I was looking at the early p5. :blush:

jay68802
04-07-2020, 03:41 PM
Ohhh! the mandatory Pick-5 is races 4-8!
I was looking at the early p5. :blush:

Am I rubbing off on you?:(

Good luck everyone!

Muddy
04-07-2020, 04:46 PM
9-26-17-3578-39=18

Light
04-07-2020, 04:48 PM
My Fonner P5

4th 6,7,9 ( long-shot #1 )

5th 2,4,6

6th 2,5,7 ( long-shot #1 )

7th 5,7,8

8th 4,9

Cost is $81. If the 2 long-shots are included it is $144

Boomer
04-07-2020, 05:01 PM
Race 1

7w
DD 7/16
P5 7/16/2/69/2

Robert Fischer
04-07-2020, 05:17 PM
Use Extreme Caution when playing this race. LOL

Today could be her day. Willing type who has been midpack closing into forward-favoring setups. Slow and steady drop in class.

Muddy
04-07-2020, 05:43 PM
9-26-17-3578-39=18
Oops 9-26-17-378-49

Robert Fischer
04-07-2020, 06:09 PM
Oops 9-26-17-378-49

Is word out on the :2: Honey Hearts having regressed?

She kind of ran a dud last time. I see a lower % jock up today (although I don't know the circuit well enough to know him), and the ML odds '5/2' looks unappealing.

But she does have a good barn, and if she can return to previous form, I could see her on a loose lead... I think she's the key to understanding the value.

It looks to me like the :7: will run well wide, and that the :3: should contend for a board spot... I'm hoping that the :2::7::5: take some money to make the :3: playable.
----------------

also
Race 3 seems potentially 'wide open'
I have a single to 10/1 ML :2: for the P3 ...
these were blind pools, but I see that the :6: is very 'live' in R3 if the multis are an indicator...
I will consider keying the 6 in some plays if I like the paddock/parade look

fastfasterfastest
04-07-2020, 06:13 PM
First time I've seen an objection at Fonner, only my 4th time wagering on it and ofcourse the alleged interference happened at a point thats difficult to determine wrong doing. I was on the second place horse so I saw a foul but I'm influenced by my bet lol

Steve 'StatMan'
04-07-2020, 06:16 PM
Thanks and good luck everyone!

For posting simplicity, my pick are, but not playing all combinations:

R4: 2 7 9

R5: 2 6 9

R6: 2 5 6 7

R7: 2 3 5 7

R8: 4 6 9

I have key horse(s) in every race, and I can miss up to 2 keys and still win if the alternates win.

Boomer
04-07-2020, 06:39 PM
p5 69/2/1257/35/49

fastfasterfastest
04-07-2020, 06:42 PM
I'm not understanding these riders dropping out of duels into the turn like they're finished only to come on again.

Robert Fischer
04-07-2020, 06:43 PM
I gotta vote for :7: to stay UP, here in the first leg claim of foul

Looked like a possible foul, but the :7: won by enough that it would be hard to take him down.

Robert Fischer
04-07-2020, 06:44 PM
:2: never had a clear path, and he put his nose in there. Game ride, but I can't fault the :7:...

moneyandland
04-07-2020, 06:49 PM
Thats why this dump handles $75 when life's normal, same exact replay of what happened at GP the other day with Chad Browns horse, horse ran up into a position on turn that wasnt there, leader never changed paths and pays the price.

Saratoga_Mike
04-07-2020, 06:51 PM
:2: never had a clear path, and he put his nose in there. Game ride, but I can't fault the :7:...

I didn't bet the race, but that was a bad DQ -- as you implied, the jock on 2 realized he didn't have room and then had to check.

RunForTheRoses
04-07-2020, 06:52 PM
Wow, didn't play but thought the 7 would stay up, he drew off at the same time as the incident. Hope some are still alive.

jay68802
04-07-2020, 06:56 PM
That DQ took out 23 of 24 tickets for me.

Robert Fischer
04-07-2020, 06:58 PM
That DQ took out 23 of 24 tickets for me.
Get lucky here. Tough beat on a good horse.
P5 gonna pay good at this rate...

Thats why this dump handles $75 when life's normal, same exact replay of what happened at GP the other day with Chad Browns horse, horse ran up into a position on turn that wasnt there, leader never changed paths and pays the price.

Looked like a brave ride, gone wrong. :ThmbUp:

To be fair, I couldn't see the backstretch shot, before the turn, to see how far off the rail that the :7: was.
Just the turn? - No.

I lucked out, in that I passed that P5, and singled that :2: in a P3 (only paid $26 for 50c, but UP on the day now), but I would have left the :7: up, unless the backstretch looked really bad.

Mad that I didn't key that 'live' :6:... Didn't make much out of that race.

GETBACK = Now we got a potential P4 (or a 'P3') with that :1: Chuckmate in race #6... tougher yet, w/ no DD pool info to see how they will bet that :1:...

Boomer
04-07-2020, 06:59 PM
I did not use the 2 or 7

BUT
Jock on the #2 was steadying the #2 before he even entered that phantom hole on the rail when he took up.

Truly a bad call by the judges.

Steve 'StatMan'
04-07-2020, 07:08 PM
I had both the 2 and & 7 as my keys in that race. I wasn't sure what way the decision would go. I wouldn't have lost tickets had 7 stayed up, but I lost quite a bit of competition in the first leg. Gotta get through 4 more legs though. I've

Robert Fischer
04-07-2020, 07:15 PM
p3 = 2 - 1 -3

p4 same + 4 contenders last total $2.50

Robert Fischer
04-07-2020, 07:20 PM
I had both the 2 and & 7 as my keys in that race. I wasn't sure what way the decision would go. I wouldn't have lost tickets had 7 stayed up, but I lost quite a bit of competition in the first leg. Gotta get through 4 more legs though. I've
Good Luck Steve Statman.
I know you used that :2: in the second leg. Hit this one for the PA quarantine crew

p3 = 2 - 1 -3

p4 same + 4 contenders last total $2.50

I'm gonna feel like an idiot, if I hit a 50c pick-4 that cost $2, w/ three singles... , especially since I singled that :2: in lead-in P3.... :bang:

$4M+ pool for a P5. I wonder if that is a new Fonner Park record? Either way, damn impressive.

Steve 'StatMan'
04-07-2020, 07:29 PM
[QUOTE=Robert Fischer;2583991]Good Luck Steve Statman.
I know you used that :2: in the second leg. Hit this one for the PA quarantine crew

Thanks Robert! Have 84 combinations left and have not lost a key. My remaining 3 keys are 5 7 // 7 // 4 6 9 and I can have up to 2 non-keys win & still have a winning ticket. Just can't have any surprises.

Robert Fischer
04-07-2020, 07:45 PM
:1: Chukmate has a couple of angles coming in.

Also looks great on track. Also a big price.

I'm not big fan of upgrading closers who have been running against slow setups. It's not as good as 'E' types who have faces meltdown paces..., but it's still an upgrade, and some value is here.

I used most of my small P3 profit to put back into this race, with various exotics, keying the :1: and using the obvious others.

Zydeco
04-07-2020, 07:49 PM
[QUOTE=jay68802;2583817]Tickets for today:

12: 2 / 2,9 / 1,5,7 / 3,5,7,8 / 9,10[/QUOTE

Still alive! lol good luck!!

jk3521
04-07-2020, 07:49 PM
Last time, I'll listen to you guys ! LOL

Robert Fischer
04-07-2020, 07:50 PM
Thanks Robert! Have 84 combinations left and have not lost a key. My remaining 3 keys are 5 7 // 7 // 4 6 9 and I can have up to 2 non-keys win & still have a winning ticket. Just can't have any surprises.

Robert Fischer
04-07-2020, 08:00 PM
:2: Honey Hearts opens 4th choice in the P3 will pay, and 5-1 tote...
I think you could toss her on some lighter tix, even with the threat to wire.

the :7: Very live in the p3. Looks the best to me, but I wonder if she can be 'sent' to the lead in here, or if she's going to settle wide again...

It may end up the :7: and the :3: here, and see who has a better trip and more momentum.

I also think that the :5:Mayflower is suspect. Taking money off that dream-trip big-fig in her last.

7 most likely
73 ex bx
73/738 ex
DD 73/45910
DD 73/49

Steve 'StatMan'
04-07-2020, 08:01 PM
Jay and I are each alive so far, and have a few similar combinations. I many have misstated my live combos last time but now I have 21 live combos.

Correction: I have only 12 live combos.

turfeyejoe
04-07-2020, 08:21 PM
Do you have Indy N Roses? She was 18-1 but quite playable. I had her among my top 3 contenders but was knocked out by 4th race DQ?

spang99
04-07-2020, 08:21 PM

:ThmbUp: Very, very nice

Steve 'StatMan'
04-07-2020, 08:31 PM
Not myself, or what Jay posted in the thread. Horse did look lively in the Race 7 Post Parade, but we can't know that before Race 4. Back to earth I guess. But the $20 I had on the $19.00 winner of the 4th and the $1 exacta more than paid for the $132 I bet into the Pick 5. Exciting day for me for sure! I hadn't bet nor handicapped in 4 nearly 5 months!

SandyW
04-07-2020, 08:33 PM

Great selection, I made up a ticket that I could not put in because I live in Las Vegas, and I know the end result already as my 8th race picks are 4-9-10.
I will be losing my mind after this one.
Thanks Nevada Gaming Commission for not letting us have accounts outside of Nevada.

Elkchester Road
04-07-2020, 09:13 PM

Excellent, excellent selection, CheckMark!!! :):headbanger:

lamboguy
04-08-2020, 03:36 AM
they must have handled $7-$8 million in handle for the day. there are plenty of days that larger mile tracks don't do that much!

Saratoga_Mike
04-08-2020, 07:34 AM
Yeah, I wonder if that was a record handle for FON? It looks like the CEO of Fonner will be on Steve Byk today to discuss the bad DQ.

CheckMark
04-08-2020, 07:54 AM
Do you have Indy N Roses? She was 18-1 but quite playable. I had her among my top 3 contenders but was knocked out by 4th race DQ?

:ThmbUp: Very, very nice

Great selection, I made up a ticket that I could not put in because I live in Las Vegas, and I know the end result already as my 8th race picks are 4-9-10.
I will be losing my mind after this one.
Thanks Nevada Gaming Commission for not letting us have accounts outside of Nevada.

Excellent, excellent selection, CheckMark!!! :):headbanger:

Very nick pick 18-1 winner:ThmbUp:

Thanks gents! Prayed pretty hard to get this guy home at that price. Topped my selections and won well! Hopefully more LONGSHOT BOMBERS to share with everyone. Let’s get some today!

spang99
04-08-2020, 11:39 AM
https://www.playfecta.com/fonner-park-still-running-and-breaking-records/

jay68802
04-08-2020, 01:00 PM
Ran out of time yesterday and had to go to work. Just watched the replay of the DQ. "No comment" is about all I will say on that subject. Nice pick in the 7th Checkmark.

Light
04-08-2020, 02:34 PM
Thanks gents! Prayed pretty hard to get this guy home at that price. Topped my selections and won well! Hopefully more LONGSHOT BOMBERS to share with everyone. Let’s get some today!

In the selections thread where you posted that pick you mentioned it was a "Brisnet system" play. Don't know what you meant by that. I noticed that that horse was rated the top horse in the Bris summary section under "Ave Dist/surf". But before anyone gets excited about that category, it is a flat bet loss over time.

Anyway I was wondering if that is what you meant by a "Brisnet system" play?

Robert Fischer
04-08-2020, 06:29 PM
Not myself, or what Jay posted in the thread. Horse did look lively in the Race 7 Post Parade, but we can't know that before Race 4. Back to earth I guess. But the $20 I had on the $19.00 winner of the 4th and the $1 exacta more than paid for the $132 I bet into the Pick 5. Exciting day for me for sure! I hadn't bet nor handicapped in 4 nearly 5 months!

Great pick by Checkmark on that :6: Indy N

also, great that you had a good experience.:ThmbUp:
I'd love to hit something, or to come across some great opinions and get some profit for the month, With everything going on, - some 'entertainment' value in playing along with a few $ here or there, even if you win or lose a few bucks.

Hindsight = That race I had some significant opinions on the declining :2:(Public was on to him as a dud as well), and the last out big-fig 'Dream trip' :5:(took co-fav type $).
The :7: was a 'logical' default Favorite, and the :3: was 'enticing' to use, but in hindsight, there was enough going on in that race with opinions and lack of dominant standouts, that it warranted the use all four of the :7::3::8::6: for value and the underlays :2::5: if you wanted total deep coverage. Chaos/Spread race.
I bet $2 on the race w/ the :7::3:BOX. For the day bet $54.40 and got $52.89(+very small rebate) back. (-$1.51 or so).

Robert Fischer
04-09-2020, 05:18 PM
Monday the thirteenth... back in the saddle again

:coffee: I will take a look at that card.

deelo
04-10-2020, 12:24 PM
They’re saying they want to have another mandatory before closing day.

Appy
04-12-2020, 01:40 PM
Great pick by Checkmark on that :6: Indy N

also, great that you had a good experience.:ThmbUp:
I'd love to hit something, or to come across some great opinions and get some profit for the month, With everything going on, - some 'entertainment' value in playing along with a few $ here or there, even if you win or lose a few bucks.

Hindsight = That race I had some significant opinions on the declining :2:(Public was on to him as a dud as well), and the last out big-fig 'Dream trip' :5:(took co-fav type $).
The :7: was a 'logical' default Favorite, and the :3: was 'enticing' to use, but in hindsight, there was enough going on in that race with opinions and lack of dominant standouts, that it warranted the use all four of the :7::3::8::6: for value and the underlays :2::5: if you wanted total deep coverage. Chaos/Spread race.
I bet $2 on the race w/ the :7::3:BOX. For the day bet $54.40 and got $52.89(+very small rebate) back. (-$1.51 or so).

Just my opinion pard, but I take note of any horse entered by Hall. He's one of the best I know of at Fon. I did not play that day but watched from home. I don't see how anyone could dispute the legitimacy of the decision to DQ the winner. One of the most clear cut interference infractions you will see.
Having said that, that grey is a horse I would consider claiming. Fine looking horse.

PS: Not sure but thought I saw Hall had a horse entered at OPX yesterday or day before. If it was him congrats are in order for the 3rd place finish.

jay68802
04-13-2020, 01:16 AM
4/13

Race #1: :1::4:

Race #2: :1::4::5:

Race #3: :1::3::8:

Race #4: :2::7:

Race #5: :4::7:

Race #6: :1::5:

Race #8: :1::5::8:

Race #9: :3::4::9:

jay68802
04-14-2020, 02:48 AM
Jackpot Pick 5 pays 4 of 5. This track can be brutal once in a while.

4/14

Race #1: :5::10:

Race #2: :2::5::7:

Race #3: :2::7:

Race #4: :1::6::8:

Race #5: :3::5::6:

Race #6: :1::7::8:

Race #7: :2::8::9:

Race #8: :1::5::9:

Race #9: :3::6::9:

thaskalos
04-14-2020, 03:11 AM
The person who bets a pick-5 at Fonner Park must be the most arrogant horseplayer in the handicapping world.

jay68802
04-14-2020, 03:15 AM
The person who bets a pick-5 at Fonner Park must be the most arrogant horseplayer in the handicapping world.

I play it, but just like the other tracks. Have to have two horses at odds I like and a second or third choice to single. Does not happen often. Or will play mandatory days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ24yPEc9_s&list=RDjJ24yPEc9_s&start_radio=1

Afleet
04-14-2020, 06:44 PM

I'm going to start playing this:cool:

Afleet
04-14-2020, 06:49 PM
The massive increase in handle at Fonner Park in recent weeks has stakeholders in Nebraska working to extend the meet from its scheduled April 29 closing to the end of May.

https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/Fonner_Park_looks_to_extend_race_meeting_an_additi onal_month_123

jay68802
04-15-2020, 02:52 AM
4/15

Race #1: :1::5:

Race #2: :3::4::6:

Race #3: :3::4::9:

Race #4: :1::2::4:

Race #5: :6::8::10:

Race #6: :2::4::9:

Race #7: :3::6::8:

Race #8: :1::3::4:

Race #9: :1::4::8:

Immortal6
04-15-2020, 10:34 AM
4/15

Barn thinks it’ll be a match race between the :1::2: today. Hope they are right, thinking our horse needs a confidence boost after his last out.

Afleet
04-15-2020, 02:42 PM
4/15

I used your picks for a contest on HT-races 5 and 6 only-you better be right:D

too cheap to buy the ppsfor only 2 races!

thaskalos
04-15-2020, 03:29 PM
I'm going to start playing this:cool:

No you won't. You are too cheap to even pay for your PPs. :cool:

jay68802
04-15-2020, 03:30 PM

I was to cheap to buy them also.:(

jay68802
04-15-2020, 03:33 PM
Fonner sends them to me for free.

Sorry, removed attachments, you can't share PPs here.

Afleet
04-15-2020, 03:57 PM
No you won't. You are too cheap to even pay for your PPs. :cool:

that had me laughing

Afleet
04-15-2020, 03:58 PM
Fonner sends them to me for free.

Sorry, removed attachments, you can't share PPs here.

HT had contests w/some races from TB, WRD and Fonner combined. DRF gave Tampa's free after I bought WRD so I came here looking for your Fonner picks!

jay68802
04-15-2020, 05:08 PM
HT had contests w/some races from TB, WRD and Fonner combined. DRF gave Tampa's free after I bought WRD so I came here looking for your Fonner picks!

:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhw0eBCVXR4

Afleet
04-15-2020, 06:58 PM

thanks JAy for the :6:; had :9: in the last race at WRD that moved me into 2nd place in all 3 contests and your :6: put me in the lead in one. Down .40 cents in another

Afleet
04-15-2020, 07:00 PM
1 ken xxxxx - Entry 1 $37.20 9 5 6 10 4 3 2 8 4 6

2 Paul xxxx - Entry 1 $36.80 9 3 6 8 4 7 3 9 6 2

3 Lee xxxxx - Entry 1 $24.40 6 4 1 3 6 1 4 7 10 4

4 Kevin xxxxx - Entry 1 $21.60 3 10 5 6 7 1 8 2 3 9

5 Luanne xxxx - Entry 1 $14.80 2 2 3 5 5 6 4 10 7 1

Afleet
04-15-2020, 07:01 PM
:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhw0eBCVXR4

get this :2: home and I owe you a Chimay or two:D

Afleet
04-15-2020, 07:27 PM
get this :2: home and I owe you a Chimay or two:D

made a nice run for 3rd after looking hopelessly beaten on the backstretch at huge odds

Afleet
04-15-2020, 07:32 PM
held on in this qualifier to win by the skin of my teeth:headbanger: thanks Jay:headbanger:

WED. FEATURED - NHC - *P&P* Feeder to 4/18 (SAT) NHC Qualifier

Final Prizes (16 Entries)
Top 1 entries win $165 entry into 4/18 NHC Qualifier. Top 2 non-winners receive $36 breakage refund; next 2 non-winners receive $18 breakage refund

1 Paul xxxxx - Entry 1 $36.80 9 3 6 8 4 7 3 9 6 2

2 Mark xxxxx - Entry 1 $36.00 8 2 6 8 1 2 3 9 6 9

There is a fine line between winning and losing.

Trotter: the finish line

Let It Ride

jay68802
04-15-2020, 07:43 PM
held on in this qualifier to win by the skin of my teeth:headbanger: thanks Jay:headbanger:

WED. FEATURED - NHC - *P&P* Feeder to 4/18 (SAT) NHC Qualifier

Final Prizes (16 Entries)
Top 1 entries win $165 entry into 4/18 NHC Qualifier. Top 2 non-winners receive $36 breakage refund; next 2 non-winners receive $18 breakage refund

1 Paul xxxxx - Entry 1 $36.80 9 3 6 8 4 7 3 9 6 2

2 Mark xxxxx - Entry 1 $36.00 8 2 6 8 1 2 3 9 6 9

There is a fine line between winning and losing.

Trotter: the finish line

Let It Ride

Good job. Tri there made my day. Sitting with about $90.00 in P4 tickets that are all a free ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a9DW_zhV84

jay68802
04-20-2020, 10:46 AM
4/20

Race #1: :3::6:

Race #2: :4::9::10:

Race #3: :2::6::10:

Race #4: :2::4::7:

Race #5: :1::5::6:

Race #6: :1::3:

Race #7: :2::6::8:

Race #8: :2::3:

Race #9: :2::5::6:

jay68802
04-20-2020, 12:23 PM
The massive increase in handle at Fonner Park in recent weeks has stakeholders in Nebraska working to extend the meet from its scheduled April 29 closing to the end of May.

https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/Fonner_Park_looks_to_extend_race_meeting_an_additi onal_month_123

Will be decided April 22nd. This is a no brainer by the way.

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/fonner-park-to-seek-additional-racing-days/

Jeff P
04-20-2020, 01:36 PM
Jay, I really hope they decide to extend their meet.

Just thinking out loud --

I wish independent tracks like Fonner had their own ADWs.

Not at all like Oaklawn's ADW which is really Twinspires code running on Twinspires servers with Oaklawn branding. I'm told that CDI/Twinspires actually got Oaklawn track management to sign a contract that prohibits Oaklawn from signing up US residents outside the state of Arkansas. (Imo, that's nuts.)

I'm talking about code owned by Fonner running on Fonner servers. And Fonner signing up players from every state in the US where ADW wagering is allowed.

And of course Fonner getting to retain 100% of all wagers made on races run at Fonner Park.

Given the current environment, I'd absolutely support an independent track like Fonner if they had their own ADW. (I suspect other players would as well.)

-jp

jay68802
04-20-2020, 01:41 PM

Not at all like Oaklawn's ADW which is really Twinspires code running on Twinspires servers with Oaklawn branding. I'm told that CDI/Twinspires actually got Oaklawn track management to sign a contract that prohibits Oaklawn from signing up US residents outside the state of Arkansas. (Imo, that's nuts.)

I'm talking about code owned by Fonner running on Fonner servers. And Fonner signing up players from every state in the US where ADW wagering is allowed.

And of course Fonner getting to retain 100% of all wagers made on races run at Fonner Park.

Given the current environment, I'd absolutely support an independent track like Fonner if they had their own ADW. (I suspect other players would as well.)

-jp

I have always thought this myself. Or maybe get with some other small tracks and reduce the cost a little bit. Like Nebr., Iowa, and Oklahoma get together and do this. Seems the tracks are willing to settle for a little and let someone else take the money.

Running longer is such a no brain, we should do this decision, that I do not see how they do not do it.

Jeff P
04-20-2020, 02:01 PM
Agree completely.

-jp

therussmeister
04-20-2020, 04:40 PM

-jp

They are seeking permission to add 12 days.
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/the-biz/fonner-park-to-seek-approval-for-additional-12-days-in-may/

Afleet
04-20-2020, 05:32 PM

-jp

I believe this is true

turfeyejoe
04-21-2020, 01:55 PM
Jay:

What are your thoughts on today's mandatory payout pick 5 races at Fonner?

jay68802
04-21-2020, 02:02 PM
Jay:

What are your thoughts on today's mandatory payout pick 5 races at Fonner?

Drink a lot of beer, and pray.

I am texting and talking with my friends right now will get my thoughts together and post in a little bit.

jay68802
04-21-2020, 02:58 PM
5 Fonner Guys ticket.

First leg: Do not like the top 3 ML choices here. :10: Big Hearted Factor has shown nothing, and the :2: and :8: are just OK. The :1:, :4:, :5:, :6:, and :9: all have angle's and have the odds.

Second leg: The favorite :8: is at the right level, but caught nothing in a week race in his last. Taking a stand against.

Third leg: Two here the :4:and :5:.

Fourth and Last leg are wide open.

$175.20 each.

Ticket 1: 8,10/4,6,7/4,5/4,6,7,10/6

Ticket 2: 1,4,5,6,9/5,8,9/4,5/4,6,7,10/6

Ticket 3: 1,4,5,6,9/4,6,7/4,5/2,8/6

Ticket 4: 1,4,5,6,9/4,6,7/4,5/4,6,7,10/3,7,9,10

Ticket 5: 8,10/5,8,9/4,5/4,6,7,10/6

Ticket 6: 8,10/4,6,7/4,5/2,8/6

Ticket 7: 8,10/4,6,7/4,5/4,6,7,10/3,7,9,10

Ticket 8: 1,4,5,6,9/5,8,9/4,5/2,8/6

Ticket 9: 1,4,5,6,9/5,8,9/4,5/4,6,7,10/3,7,9,10

Ticket 10: 1,4,5,6,9/4,6,7/4,5/2,8/3,7,9,10

turfeyejoe
04-21-2020, 04:24 PM
I see the first leg and Race 8 as two most difficult. I agree with Jay that 10 looks like false favorite and I'm not that keen on 8 at 4-1. 4-Diesel's Prize was solid as an 11-year-old but slow workouts and dull season debut could mean his tank is empty at 12. I will use 6-Air Assault and 9-Hot Blooded Song.

I see at least 5 horses that can win race 8. I'm using 2-Ornamental Iron, 4-Shady Lane and 10-May Flowers.

RunForTheRoses
04-21-2020, 06:23 PM
Not sure if I'm going to play, there are some real tough races.

Could the :7:in race 6 be a single? Would really cut down on ticket cost. Should improve off of last race.

Also like 6 and especially 8 and 9 in that race.

Leaning towards not playing.

RunForTheRoses
04-21-2020, 06:26 PM
What track is CLS? Must be part of a circuit.

OK, Columbus, NE.

RunForTheRoses
04-21-2020, 06:31 PM
GL all

R5: 1,2,9,10
R6: 7-9
R7: 4,5
R8: 2,4,10
R9: 3,6
$72.

jay68802
04-22-2020, 02:34 AM
One thing about this game that gets to you once in a while. My notes for the mandatory P 5. The second and last leg have the right horses. The fourth leg chaps my ass. Notice the :5: is there to start with, but not on any ticket. And the :8: is not there, but played.:bang:

Afleet
04-22-2020, 03:15 PM
One thing about this game that gets to you once in a while. My notes for the mandatory P 5. The second and last leg have the right horses. The fourth leg chaps my ass. Notice the :5: is there to start with, but not on any ticket. And the :8: is not there, but played.:bang:

I thought the :2: was best that race; he was ahead of the :5: coming into the 2nd turn, checked pretty hard. Not blaming the jockey, just seemed like bad luck

jay68802
04-22-2020, 03:20 PM
I looked at all the e-mails and texts about this P5. Next time I see Jeff he is going to get a raft of sh!t.

Jeff P
04-22-2020, 03:26 PM
I looked at all the e-mails and texts about this P5. Next time I see Jeff he is going to get a raft of sh!t.

What the hell did I do this time? :cool:

-jp

jay68802
04-22-2020, 03:28 PM
Jeff the idiot, not Jeff P the best handicapper I know.:eek:

Redbullsnation
04-22-2020, 08:24 PM
Due to the lockdown, I was able to discover that this bullring of a track exists :D

jay68802
04-27-2020, 12:04 PM
4/27

Race #1: :3::4::6:

Race #2: :2::5:

Race #3: :4::5::8:

Race #4: :2::4::8:

Race #6: :1::3::7:

Race #7: :3::5::7:

Race #8: :1::2:

Race #9: :4::7::9:

jay68802
04-28-2020, 01:24 AM
4/28

Race #1: :3::4::6:

Race #2: :2::3::5:

Race #3: :1::3::7:

Race #4: :1::4::7:

Race #5: :1::3::6:

Race #6: :5::7::8:

Race #8: :4::8::9:

jay68802
04-29-2020, 01:53 AM
4/28

Race #1: :3::4::7:

Race #2: :3::5::8:

Race #3: :3::7::8:

Race #4: :2::6::7:

Race #6: :4::7::8:

Race #7: :6::8::10:

Race #9: :2::5::7:

Race #8: The Gus Fonner

:1: Taruca 8/1 Tough draw for this one. Has to get out to be in his running style, then will have to get the tight turns at speed. Best figure on the slop. Thanks for coming, not today.

:2: Blue Harbor 6/1 Nice price for a contender. Improving for a good trainer. Pilot change could be taken as a negative, but look who he got on. If you think class is a issue, he finished 1/2 a length from the :4:. Contender.

:3: Mr. Tickle 8/1 Dead closer gets a little more distance. At 8/1, he is not for me on top. If the price gets north of 12/1, a exotics choice for sure.

:4: Sleepy Eyes Todd 5/1 The two back race at 1 1/2 miles on the turf was not his game. Heavy turf took its toll an it showed in the next race. Gets back to the previous level and can win. The Pick.

:5: Yo Y Me 12/1 Gets to mix it up on the front with some good ones here. Class is the issue, and will bet against.

:6: Fight On 4/1 If you would have told me that Doug O'Neil would be running a horse from Dubai at Fonner earlier this year, I would have called you stupid. Recent form leaves a lot to be desired. Will have a few tickets without this one. Risky contender.

:7: Cabin John 10/1 Just do not see this one. Toss.

:8: Thetrashmanscoming 15/1 Looks like the trainer thinks this guy has ability, and is pulling his hair out. Dusted by three others in here in last. May be for the exotics.

:9: Pendleton 3/1 Guy likes to win and is in good form. Obvious contender.

:10: Rock City Roadhog 15/1 Defending champion looks like he lost a lot since then. Had nothing to offer in last race, and sees a tougher group here. Toss.

:4::9: / :4::9: / :2::3::5:

Boomer
04-29-2020, 09:31 AM
Good Luck Jay,

By the way, today is 04-29!

jay68802
05-04-2020, 12:28 AM
5/4

Race #1: :4::7::8:

Race #2: :4::5::6:

Race #3: :3::4::6:

Race #4: :3::6::7:

Race #5: :1::3::4:

Race #6: :4::5:

Race #7: :1::4::8:

Race #8: :1::4::7:

Immortal6
05-04-2020, 02:57 PM
Horizontal picks for today.

jay68802
05-05-2020, 01:24 AM
5/5

Race #1: :3::5::7:

Race #2: :2::5:

Race #3: :5::6::7:

Race #4: :1::7::9:

Race #5: :3::6::9:

Race #6: :1::4::5:

Race #7: :3::4:

Race #8: :4::5::6:

Immortal6
05-05-2020, 02:13 PM
Early pick 5

:5::7:
:5::7::2:
:6::5::2::1:
:3::9::6:
:6::1::9:

$108

Immortal6
05-05-2020, 06:15 PM
Top pick of the day Scioto’s Shoes :3: in race 4 coming up. A private purchase for Lemburgs coming in from Oaklawn. If it breaks well with Armando up it should take them gate to wire blowing the field away. 9/2 looking like a gift right now.

:1::9: in second, lots to like in 3rd.

Immortal6
05-05-2020, 06:35 PM
Well a dead heat is better than getting beat! Alive to the :1::6::9: in pick 5. Redboarding I guess but I subbed the :3: in the first race after the scratch of :5:

jay68802
05-06-2020, 01:22 AM
5/6

Race #1: :1::4::5:

Race #2: :3::6:

Race #3: :2::3::8:

Race #4: :3::5:

Race #5: :4::5::6:

Race #6: :3::4::7:

Race #7: :2::5::9:

Race #8: :1::8::10:

Immortal6
05-06-2020, 06:16 PM
Late pick 5

:3::4::5:
:5::6:
:3::4::5::9:
:1::2::6:
:1::6::8:

$108

Boomer
05-06-2020, 07:35 PM
Today is one of those days Olesiak is showing no interest in even coming close. Also now riding at 126 pounds. Gained a lot over the last week.