PDA

View Full Version : Conservative Natl. Review on 1st Debate

Secretariat
10-01-2004, 01:09 PM
http://www.nationalreview.com/nordlinger/nordlinger200410010114.asp

kenwoodallpromos
10-01-2004, 01:36 PM
I do not click on to links without some paraphrasing first by the poster.
The media is and will generally try to make the race as competitive as possible, so many will give Kerry too much credit on the debate.

Secretariat
10-01-2004, 03:25 PM
OK Ken,

If this helps it's called Don't Shoot the Messenger by conservative columnist Jay Nordlinger.

Here's a bit:

"I thought Kerry did very, very well; and I thought Bush did poorly — much worse than he is capable of doing. Listen: If I were just a normal guy — not Joe Political Junkie — I would vote for Kerry. On the basis of that debate, I would. If I were just a normal, fairly conservative, war-supporting guy: I would vote for Kerry. On the basis of that debate.
And I promise you that no one wants this president reelected more than I. I think that he may want it less.
Let me phrase one more time what I wish to say: If I didn't know anything — were a political naοf, being introduced to the two candidates for the first time — I would vote for Kerry. Based on that infernal debate."
…..

and the end:

"Friends, I have no doubt that this little reaction column of mine will disappoint many of you. I'm sorry. I have called George W. Bush a Rushmore-level president. I believe history will bear that out; and if it doesn't, history will be wrong. I think that Bush's reelection is crucial not only to this country but to the world at large. I not only think that Bush is the right man for the job; I have a deep fondness — love, really — for the man, though I don't know him."

sq764
10-01-2004, 04:47 PM
So you posted an article that said based on a debate he would vote for Kerry, but this country needs Bush?

Um, did you switch sides? You just pointed out that the debate is just a miniscule part of the presidential race.. Thank you.