PDA

View Full Version : Cohen suspended for intentional whipping

Afleet
04-19-2019, 10:52 PM
of another jockey. I must be going blind because I don't see it. Definitely don't see anything blatantly intentional

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/the-biz/oaklawn-stewards-suspend-david-cohen-60-days-say-he-deliberately-whipped-rival-jockey/

Robert Fischer
04-19-2019, 11:12 PM
it looked like he may have got him a few times there...

the other jock was riding recklessly, and taking him wide but David took it a little too far. Other ways to go about it (take a loss, jock room 'talk', politics...)

easy for me to say in hindsight

such a dangerous profession :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
04-19-2019, 11:19 PM
Looks like he got him pretty good

deelo
04-20-2019, 12:08 AM
Can't wait to hear PETA run with this one...if these deranged psychopaths are beating each other imagine what the horses get! Don't worry, Ritvo will back that up.

Tom
04-20-2019, 10:39 AM
Limiting lasix a little will stop this whip abuse!

Dave Schwartz
04-20-2019, 11:32 AM
of another jockey. I must be going blind because I don't see it. Definitely don't see anything blatantly intentional

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/the-biz/oaklawn-stewards-suspend-david-cohen-60-days-say-he-deliberately-whipped-rival-jockey/

Afleet, I said the same thing the first time through.

He's really very clandestine about it.

Just watch carefully, and you will see that many strikes with the whip are swung in an arc, beginning with him hitting the jockey but finishing on his horse.

castaway01
04-20-2019, 12:26 PM
Limiting lasix a little will stop this whip abuse!

Getting Cohen off Lasix is easier said than done Tom.

thaskalos
04-20-2019, 03:31 PM
Morales had 4 welts on his thigh? I thought these new whips gave nothing but love taps. I read a story reported here that a journalist asked a jockey to whip him as an experiment...and he hardly felt any pain.

Redbullsnation
04-20-2019, 03:36 PM
Good

Suff
04-20-2019, 03:59 PM
Morales hadn't touched a whip in his life until 2 years ago. No formal thoroughbred jockey training. He road trail horses in puerto rico. Julio Espinoza "discovered" him. He's messing with a guy racing for the meet title. Maybe he should be whipped? Taking a good whipping is healthy.